Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 14-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Guess the year ( again )

Guess the year again ?

Last edited by stupalace; 06-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 14-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Old 14-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
1950 ?

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 14-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn't know they had Google Earth back in those days...
Old 14-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Remember Our Heroes

Super-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Old 14-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned by Moderators

Sorry the year is 1949 but anyone who gets within ten years either side i would think would be correct
Old 14-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
House my Dad lived in briefly with his grandparents is on there so I'd liek to think he's technically in this picture - cool!
Old 14-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
My grandparents and great uncle's house on there too... cool
Old 14-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned by Moderators

This photo really shows how much bigger selhurst park could have been the whitehorse lane end and all the land behind the main ( and only one in the photo ) stand . Not sure if that building is the school that is mentioned so often on here weird shape to it though
Old 14-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever say
In that case, you should see all the early land maps I have of the area (plus some of the early Selhurst Park aerial pics showing how big the plot REALLY was !).
Old 18-05-2006, 08:30 PM

selhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betrayselhursthoover is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
In that case, you should see all the early land maps I have of the area (plus some of the early Selhurst Park aerial pics showing how big the plot REALLY was !).
Heffer ge leraco!!!!!!!!! Only didding. Indeed it certainly does.

Am i the 1st one in the clifton again!!!!!!!!!

Old 19-05-2006, 09:47 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by stupalace
This photo really shows how much bigger selhurst park could have been the whitehorse lane end and all the land behind the main ( and only one in the photo ) stand . Not sure if that building is the school that is mentioned so often on here weird shape to it though
How very true.

And yes that is Lady Edridge (sp?) girls school where the car park is now. An all girls school next to a football ground! What more could Palace player have wanted???

BTW, was this picture taken by a German WWII reconnaissance team?
Old 19-05-2006, 09:50 PM

Kiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1951?
Old 19-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
did the zepplin take it
Old 19-05-2006, 09:54 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Why does that house in Tennison Road have a great big 58 on the roof?
Old 26-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
I was given this CA cutting by my mum last night - season tickets ranged from 19 to 40

Anyone like to guess the year?

Last edited by Langers; 26-11-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well it's the 70s because of 10% inflation. It's after 1971 because of mention of the New Stand. And it's under a Labour government because of the reference to government guidelines (that kind of regulation is a left-wing concept).

So going by that, it has to be from 1974 to 1979.

I reckon 1977, just because there's no reason why anyone would keep this snippet. I think it's been kept as a keep sake for the Queen's Jubilee. Also, ticket price changes is the sort of thing that would be announced pre-season which is when the jubilee was celebrated.

Last edited by Salad_Burnet; 26-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:43 PM
The Spiky One

I'll go with 1979/80 season.I think I paid about 40 for a season ticket in the "New Stand" that year, so that would have been later than this cutting which shows below 30.

Plus it would appear there were seats in the lower Arthur... not sure when that happened.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Well it's the 70s because of 10% inflation. It's after 1971 because of mention of the New Stand. And it's under a Labour government because of the reference to government guidelines (that kind of regulation is a left-wing concept).

I reckon 1977, just because there's no reason why anyone would keep this snippet. I think it's been kept as a keep sake for the Queen's Jubilee. Also, ticket price changes is the sort of thing that would be announced pre-season which is when the jubilee was celebrated.
I've no idea why my dad cut it out of the Advertiser (and kept it!) - it wasn't the Silver Jubilee year but I am impressed with your powers of deduction.

Last edited by Langers; 26-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:50 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post

Well done Sherlock!