Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-08-2017, 04:34 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nottingham Forest maybe 1990 or 91, midweek (Wednesday night I believe) lost 3-0 (again) was young 9 or 10 depending and being my first away game thinking "this is the worst night of my life"
We had been staying at my nans who then lived in Lincolnshire so I guess my stepdad (at the time) had the bright idea of taking me there with him, that and either before or after he had another bright idea to take me to learn golf in which he asked me what hand I was and me getting it totally wrong and causing a gash on his eyebrow line as I took a swing.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 17-08-2017, 08:59 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
That was a mad night remember walking threw train when it finally got back to euston must have been 3 or 4 am train was in bad state many windows smashed
And then the walk across London to Victoria.
Old 17-08-2017, 09:34 PM

montrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Liverpool, 3-0 loss, 1979. The beginning of the end for "the team of the eighties". Oh, and just to rub it in, the commentator saying "Palace may be the team of the eighties - but it's still the seventies".
Old 18-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Forest away in November 91' - Obscure choice to some, but that's when the reality hit home that we wouldn't eclipse the previous year. Wright had left by this stage, Salako was out with a long term injury (this result also came a few weeks after a hammering at newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham)
Special mention for Wimbledon away in Feb 98' on a cold Monday in mid February. It was truly dire and to see Carl Leaburn bully our defence was frankly embarrassing. We were shot of any commitment and team spirit.
Old 18-08-2017, 07:59 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Oxford away, Boxing day, 1998 it rained a little bit.

We did win though so not the worst but bloody cold and wet.
Was that the lockout game?
Scrap that that was years before friggin old age!
Old 18-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crewe 2-2 Palace
29/10/2005

Long-ass journey on one of the PIST coaches (which I almost missed because I overslept), to see a boring game, a bad injury to Kiraly and Morrison miss a sitter to snatch the win.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Scrumpy; 18-08-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 18-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Palacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cardiff away in the league cup semi. I went down there with so much hope, i really thought we were going to get to the final. Once we got to extra time and the players had their team talk in front of the away end with everyone singing to lung bursting capacity... you just thought it was meant to be. Then that penalty shoot out. Talk about having nothing to offer

All i wanted to do was go home but we were staying in Cardiff so i had to stay in a hotel room feeling utterly heart broken. It took me a good while to get over that one. Although when we beat them in the Premier League effectively sending them down and keeping ourselves up, that was bloody sweet revenge!
Old 18-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Forest away in November 91' - Obscure choice to some, but that's when the reality hit home that we wouldn't eclipse the previous year. Wright had left by this stage, Salako was out with a long term injury (this result also came a few weeks after a hammering at newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham)
Special mention for Wimbledon away in Feb 98' on a cold Monday in mid February. It was truly dire and to see Carl Leaburn bully our defence was frankly embarrassing. We were shot of any commitment and team spirit.
The Wimbledon game was home game.

We won the 'away' one!
Old 18-08-2017, 09:58 AM

Palacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Crewe 2-2 Palace
29/10/2005

Long-ass journey on one of the PIST coaches (which I almost missed because I over splept), to see a boring game, a bad injury to Kiraly and Morrison miss a sitter to snatch the win.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I remember that game well. I went with a few mates on the train who i had got to know in the Selhurst Arms that season. I was still at college so we did it on the cheap getting loads of different trains via Northampton. It seemed to take forever to get up there and considering that we had set off at 09:30am, we finally got to Crewe with just 30 minutes until kick off... yet still managed to fit in a pint at that pub across the road from the ground.

All i can remember of the game was that it was the first time that i had ever lead a chant of 'Glad All Over', but apart from that i cant remember too much more. It may well have been the most pissed ive ever been during 90 minutes of Palace, and thats saying something!

On the journey home the bright idea of saving a few quid on the cheap route soon didnt seem so clever once we ran out of beer and the tiredness kicked in. The journey never seemed to end spending time waiting for trains on various platforms and trying to find off licences near middle of nowhere stations.

To top it all off, once we got back to London we nearly got our heads kicked in by some blokes in Soho. One of the guys we were with was a bit of a nut job and despite being out all night on the Friday, he had driven up to Euston on the Saturday morning so offered us all a lift back down to Surrey (No way should he have been driving but who gives a **** when you are young, stupid, tired and just wanting to get home to a takeaway and bed). At some traffic lights he rather foolishly, for god knows what reason, decided to give a car full of rude boys next to us the wanker sign. Before we knew it they screeched in front of us and all jumped out surrounding the car baying for blood. Lord knows how but amongst all the panic and commotion we managed to dodge all of them and speed off down a side road. A shit end to a day which started off with so much promise.

I wouldn't have it any other way though, another away day adventure in the memory banks which makes following Palace such a big part of life. I'll be up at 5am tomorrow to make my way to Liverpool and i cant bloody wait!

Last edited by Palacemad2002; 18-08-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 18-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
Can't remember the venue but it was in the early 90's we were 2-0 up, missed a penalty and went on to lose 3-2! Ironically went to a game a year or so before that, think notts county away and the reverse happened
I remember going to Notts County away, must have been around 1994 and we were 2-0 up and ended up losing 3-2.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 18-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Weird but I had totally expunged the Huddersfield 7-1 debacle from my memory !

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 18-08-2017, 02:59 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Sure that's the one I was on about.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 18-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Derby.

Got arrested in the first five minutes of the game and had to hide a wrap of something where it really shouldn't go. They didn't find them but kept me in a cell until the last train had gone and then sent me home.

Worst bit was I hadn't actually done anything wrong. My mate was a bit lairy on arrival and sung Palace songs on the way to the ground, that is literally all.
Old 18-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Derby.

Got arrested in the first five minutes of the game and had to hide a wrap of something where it really shouldn't go. They didn't find them but kept me in a cell until the last train had gone and then sent me home.

Worst bit was I hadn't actually done anything wrong. My mate was a bit lairy on arrival and sung Palace songs on the way to the ground, that is literally all.
Fajita or burrito?
Old 18-08-2017, 04:29 PM

wrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mether View Post
And then the walk across London to Victoria.
Your right forgot that bit of trouble with ticket inspector as no one seem to have a ticket just euston to burnley one lol
Old 18-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bristol Rovers, league cup first round about a decade ago in the heavily pissing rain. Lost on pens, we were sheer shite all match. The only time I have seen us win in that city, we effectively lost on mummy-bonking aggregate! Loved the cider down that way but were soaked through and none of us could even face getting drunk.

3-0 at the tampax was woeful too.

Also got thumped around the back of the head at Molinuex following Kirovski's smash and grab but turning around to see a Wolves' fan grab the culprit and throttle him demanding he apologised to me "coz he is only a kid" (I was about 22!) evened that up! I thought he waa gonna choke him to death, the blole cried!

The winner was losing to Warnock's blades, having been there about a week earlier. Paul Peskydildo pillaging us with an offside goal. Stewards were ***** too.
Old 20-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
I remember going to Notts County away, must have been around 1994 and we were 2-0 up and ended up losing 3-2.
Other way round wasn't it?We left at 2-0 down and went back to the pub.Asked the guvnor why their fans looked so miserable when they came in after the game.He replied what do you expect when you lose 3-2!Didnt know whether to laugh or cry
Old 20-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Other way round wasn't it?We left at 2-0 down and went back to the pub.Asked the guvnor why their fans looked so miserable when they came in after the game.He replied what do you expect when you lose 3-2!Didnt know whether to laugh or cry
Think you may have been referring to the 3-2 win at the back end of the 91/92 campaign when we were 2-0 down after 30 mins and came back to win 3-2 which also included a penalty save from Nige'.

The previous post referred to the 93/94 promotion season November 93' where we were 2-0 up then capitulated and lost 3-2.
Old 21-08-2017, 07:53 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cambridge Away in the FA Cup on a Friday night. Uncovered terrace, p*ssed it down, Mullins got sent off and we got beat.
Old 21-08-2017, 07:53 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Or Wigan 5-0 and the end of Kember as manager.