Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Southampton's away end at the Dell was always grim. Small, crowded, high fences in front creating a pen and open aired.
Old 19-11-2017, 08:46 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Southampton's away end at the Dell was always grim. Small, crowded, high fences in front creating a pen and open aired.
Seats were in the side stand and ok though.. quite liked it.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:19 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The stewards were always over zealous too.
Old 23-11-2017, 05:54 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
The stewards were always over zealous too.
I dunno went the dell fair few times and was never sober but we got away with it .
Old 23-11-2017, 09:00 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
If a neutral ground counts as away, then I go for losing 2-0 to Saints in 1976 semi at Stamford Bridge. Really thought we were going to Wembley. Peach crocked Taylor and rest is history. We also had the North Stand so Saints fans under cover in the Shed were bloody noisy as they gloated.
Yes very bad I agree for all the reasons you state
But losing 5-0 at Millwall at Easter 1967 (or 1968) was pretty bad
Losing 4-0 at Huddersfield
Old 23-11-2017, 09:11 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just remembered another poor one. Crewe around first admin time, lost 2-0, hailstones, terrible performance and rubbish atmosphere all round. I think kenny Lunt scored for them, also thing Marcos bignot was playing for them too.
Old 23-11-2017, 09:59 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Portsmouth one year got beat 4-0/4-1 in the uncovered stand and got soaked. Grim.

Think it was 30 Oct 99, 3-1

Last edited by aj4england; 23-11-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 23-11-2017, 10:38 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Worst Away Game You've Ever Been To.

Old 23-11-2017, 10:40 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I also remember a shitty Milwank game New Year’s Day..
Old 23-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
**** me, Where do i start, I will start with the coldest, Oldham Away in 79, full scale blizzard on the open terrace, midweek game only around 300 there, most were huddled around the Tea Hut, and as normal slept at Victoria Station on a train, (when you could), till the first train home.

Great season though, Never missed a game that season 78/79, My first time of getting wages
Old 23-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
**** me, Where do i start, I will start with the coldest, Oldham Away in 79, full scale blizzard on the open terrace, midweek game only around 300 there, most were huddled around the Tea Hut, and as normal slept at Victoria Station on a train, (when you could), till the first train home.

Great season though, Never missed a game that season 78/79, My first time of getting wages
Only went to a couple of away games that season (Orient and Charlton). What sort of numbers did we usually take?
Old 23-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Only went to a couple of away games that season (Orient and Charlton). What sort of numbers did we usually take?
It varied who we were playing, Some grounds were a nightmare in those days, But all good fun , Most away games there was a row somewhere, I was 16/17, I was part of the New Stand Army then, so around 15 of us went to most games, First game of the season was Blackburn and we had around 1300/1500 there, next away game was Sheffield United and we had around 400, reason was all the aggro the season before.
Old 23-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sept 1991 - League Cup 2nd round first leg at Hartlepool.

Weds night and we drew 1-1. Terrible game and Hartlepool only had three sides to their ground and it was absolutely freezing with the wind whipping in off the sea.
We got a coach and I got home at 4-30am, to get up 2 hours later to go to work!
Old 23-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Cambridge away, league cup,constat downpour, soaked to the skin,we were shit and i got a bout of the worse flu ever.
Old 23-11-2017, 02:21 PM

mexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was at the Brighton 3-0 in the Brighton crowd. Horrible.

Worst for me was travelling up to Forest in February of 2000. Bloody cold and miserbale, only to lose. Nigel bloody quashie headed past a flapping Martin (I think?). Wasn't the game as such but just a crappy trip up, freezing cold and damp, nasty trip back. Made me question what the hell I was doing watching football.
Old 23-11-2017, 02:21 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Oxford away in a minor cup competition when the coaches parked miles from the ground and as a result we were soaked by the time we got to the ground and then had to stand on an exposed terrace so there was no respite from the incessant rain and to cap it all we lost to a last minute Dean Saunders penalty on a bog of a pitch.

Blackpool and Cambridge were also grounds where you got a soaking as you were exposed to the elements but at least the Cambridge game ended 0-0.

The coldest game had to be at a wintery Boundary Park, Oldham where the Palace fans pelted the police with snowballs after they threw one at a Palace fan and regretted it as they were only two against hundreds but they took it in good spirit.

Happy Days
Old 23-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As Brighton away is looming, thought my first experience down there was worth a mention, Boxing Day 1979 not just the result, but my mates grandad was dave swindlehursts Doctor and he got us tickets, trouble is it wasn't in the away section, surrounded by weed and having a front row seat of Brian Horton stamping on Peter Nicholas's head, I wasn't exactly feeling full of the festive spirit after that.
Old 23-11-2017, 05:46 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim's Cannon View Post
Sept 1991 - League Cup 2nd round first leg at Hartlepool.

Weds night and we drew 1-1. Terrible game and Hartlepool only had three sides to their ground and it was absolutely freezing with the wind whipping in off the sea.
We got a coach and I got home at 4-30am, to get up 2 hours later to go to work!
The coldest I've ever been that night.Good turnout of Palace fans but after a warm late Summer's day in London most of us were in t-shirts.Remember trying to buy another bloke's coat and the police not letting us leave early because of potential trouble outside.We were more worried about hypothermia that hooligans!
Old 23-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Lincoln away in the Rumbalows cup (think it was called this at the time)

Lost 1 nil. We were woeful
Old 23-11-2017, 05:58 PM

topper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Derby away, 5 bastard nil, bastard cold, left after 70 mins.
Shefki bastard Kuqi scored the last. I didn't even see the shefki belly flop.
First time that I could ever remember leaving early.
Never ever wanna go there again.

Last edited by topper; 23-11-2017 at 06:01 PM.