Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 31-07-2017, 07:45 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
That is the only Palace match I've left early. I waked out just after half time, hoped on the tube, caught the 185 just as I got out of the station and was in the Pub in East Dulwich to catch the last minutes on TV. Mates in the pub didn't believe I could have been there for the first half until I showed my ticket stub.
Interesting slip
Old 31-07-2017, 08:35 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Far too many bad away games to mention, I guess it made the odd away win and good performance all the better.
Old 31-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
99% of away games under Burley

Forest and Scunthorpe spring to mind
Old 31-07-2017, 09:06 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not the worst game but the worst half I've seen has to be the away match at Newcastle a couple of years ago. We couldn't string 2 passes together.
Old 31-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I think the most crushingly disappointing was the Hull away game in the mid 80s. We had to get some kind of result to get to the newly introduced playoffs, but just tamely surrendered.

Then there's those obscure away days like losing 3-0 away to Plymouth due to Cannon and Wood having brain farts and you feel like you've just wasted a whole day of your life
Old 31-07-2017, 09:18 AM

marantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farmarantz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
The millwall 6 nil friendly away when Jordan had just taken over was pretty shit
Old 31-07-2017, 12:33 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It occurs to me that if Bright*n started a thread on North Stand Cr4p on this subject there would only be one game mentioned...
Old 31-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Probationary User

Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Oxford away, 1985 I think, 0-5, John Aldridge and Billy Hamilton running riot
Old 31-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canvey eagle View Post
I was working until 2pm. Dashed to Oxfird. Arrived in ground 3:02 and we were already 0-1. We got totally blown away and we're lucky to get nil in the end....
Old 01-08-2017, 03:33 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Most of my worst ones have already been mentioned:
0-6 v QPR, 2-2 v Clowns, 0-3 at Highbury in 93, 0-3 at Millwall

Also up there for me is a 1-3 defeat at the Gallstone on Boxing Day in the late 80s. I had a stinking cold, felt crap all day, and we were equally as crap on the pitch.

I was also at the Anfield for both the 0-9 and the League Cup SF 0-5, but neither of them was a bad night, just a bad result. As someone else rightly pointed out, if you had experienced the 0-9 it made the 4-3 all the sweeter.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canvey eagle View Post
I went to the return game, won 1-0 thanks to Aylott

Felt like a huge win at the time!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:28 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Far too many bad away games to mention, I guess it made the odd away win and good performance all the better.
Yeah 'best away game...' would've been a lot easier.

Actually having said that now I'm trying to think... hmm not sure and I'm in danger of hijacking the thread.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
18th September 1982

A 688 mile round trip to see Carlisle United 4 Palace 1

Say no more
Old 01-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Yeah 'best away game...' would've been a lot easier.

Actually having said that now I'm trying to think... hmm not sure and I'm in danger of hijacking the thread.
Easy. Liverpool semi at Villa.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Probationary User

Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Canvey eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
The league cup semi hiding was particularly galling, massive support up there, 6 hrs on the motorway and it was all over after 20 mins
Old 03-08-2017, 02:05 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I went to the return game, won 1-0 thanks to Aylott

Felt like a huge win at the time!
I think the 0-5 match was Xmas time 1984.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM

nash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall 3-0 on NYD just for the humiliation

Huddersfield 7-1 for the infinate journey home

Bolton 2-0 because I got kicked out for standing up

Wolves 1-0 (kirovsky) when we got jumped outside

QPR - 6-0
Old 03-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Man City away in 1989/90.

I'd persuaded a flat mates girlfriend to support Palace even though he supported Leeds. She'd badgered him all morning about going to the game ( we lived in Stoke ). Eventually he relented and we set off. We never looked like scoring and Shaw was sent off pretty early. Clive Allen was playing for them. Lost 4-0 i think.

Long walk in the pissing rain back to the car which it turned out had been stolen. Walked miles to Manchester train station where all trains south were cancelled. Two hours later got one which then broke down not far from Crewe. Waited for a bus back to Stoke and we finally arrived in the early hours of the morning.

The poor bastard Leeds fan didn't even want to go.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The 3-1 defeat at The City ground in around 87/88? wasn't pleasant.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Man City away in 1989/90.

I'd persuaded a flat mates girlfriend to support Palace even though he supported Leeds. She'd badgered him all morning about going to the game ( we lived in Stoke ). Eventually he relented and we set off. We never looked like scoring and Shaw was sent off pretty early. Clive Allen was playing for them. Lost 4-0 i think.

Long walk in the pissing rain back to the car which it turned out had been stolen. Walked miles to Manchester train station where all trains south were cancelled. Two hours later got one which then broke down not far from Crewe. Waited for a bus back to Stoke and we finally arrived in the early hours of the morning.

The poor bastard Leeds fan didn't even want to go.
Was it his car?