Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:07 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
What a **** Steve Waugh is. Just watching an old interview. Pompous prick
Old 13-02-2019, 05:04 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Got a link.
I'd like to see what old 'red ink' had to say.
Never held a candle to Mark Taylor as a captain.
As an Aussie I literally loathe the bloke.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
One of the founder members of the 'mental disintigration' club. Lovely chap, he sets a fine example and contributed massively towards the 'win at all costs' mentality that eventually led to the blatant cheating by the Aussies.

Funny that for an arrogant 'tough' Aussie, he always looked like drowned rat . Looking at him in his baggy green, I am surprised anyone could take his chirping seriously. I would have laughed my backside off if he directed any at me.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:53 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
One of the founder members of the 'mental disintigration' club. Lovely chap, he sets a fine example and contributed massively towards the 'win at all costs' mentality that eventually led to the blatant cheating by the Aussies.

Funny that for an arrogant 'tough' Aussie, he always looked like drowned rat . Looking at him in his baggy green, I am surprised anyone could take his chirping seriously. I would have laughed my backside off if he directed any at me.
Quite.

It was a Sky interview with Mike Atherton, Bones.

Nice to hear Joe Root saying they were ‘moving forward as a team’.
Old 14-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Some of us oldies will perhaps remember Colin Cowdrey coming in with his arm in plaster v the West Indies (as they were then ) at Lords - 1963? - to save the game. He didn't need to face a ball, but his presence helped rescue a draw.
Old 14-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Am I the only one who thinks the one-match ban on Jason Holder for a slow over rate was inappropriate?

Surely the best solution is an immediate one - penalty runs awarded to the opposition in the same innings, maybe on an increasing scale. A simple Duckworth-Lewis-type formula could quickly calculate the penalty, taking circumstances into account. It could even cost you that match.
Old 14-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Free Elgin

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Some of us oldies will perhaps remember Colin Cowdrey coming in with his arm in plaster v the West Indies (as they were then ) at Lords - 1963? - to save the game. He didn't need to face a ball, but his presence helped rescue a draw.
I remember me old man talking about Colin Cowdrey but not the above.....well a draw is a draw
Old 14-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I remember me old man talking about Colin Cowdrey but not the above.....well a draw is a draw
Found this. Might be interesting.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Back in the day, you used to get the last 20 minutes of the day live on BBC. Picture shows him coming out to the wicket.

Skip to Day 5 for the relevant bit.
Old 14-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Free Elgin

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Found this. Might be interesting.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Back in the day, you used to get the last 20 minutes of the day live on BBC. Picture shows him coming out to the wicket.

Skip to Day 5 for the relevant bit.
Cheers, I just read the entire post not just day 5.

Very good

Butcher senior butchered the bowling, like it

I like this from Ian Woolridge , so have quoted it from the website

“Allen stood there, a slender Pinocchio-like figure with quiff and up-turned nose as calmly as if he were waiting for a bus. Hall tossed the ball from hand to hand, looked imploringly up at the sky and started to run. It was probably as fast a ball as he has ever bowled. It seared straight for Allen’s middle stump. But Allen leant forward like a master and met it with broad and quavering British bat.”

Last edited by RazorsEdge; 14-02-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the one-match ban on Jason Holder for a slow over rate was inappropriate?

Surely the best solution is an immediate one - penalty runs awarded to the opposition in the same innings, maybe on an increasing scale. A simple Duckworth-Lewis-type formula could quickly calculate the penalty, taking circumstances into account. It could even cost you that match.
It’s a bit nuts when the game was over in a little over 3 days
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I remember that .Was it Wes Griffiths or Charlie Hall that broke his arm ?
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I remember that .Was it Wes Griffiths or Charlie Hall that broke his arm ?
It was Wes Hall (First names reversed). Hall was the slightly faster of the two, but at that pace it didn't matter much. Cowdrey is quoted as 'hearing a loud crack'

Link in my post has a detailed account of the match.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England used the dead rubber to blood a couple of fast bowlers Anderson and Broad. Future looks bright!