Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS ŧ Other Sport ŧ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The ultimate professional, there are a fair few who could do with his attitude and humility. Wish him all the best in whatever he does, one thing is for certain he will never give less than 100%, he is that sort of person.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by telodaja
The ultimate professional, there are a fair few who could do with his attitude and humility. Wish him all the best in whatever he does, one thing is for certain he will never give less than 100%, he is that sort of person.
Exactly, which is why I would consider employing him in some shape or form, easy for me to say I donīt have to write the cheques, but you just know whatever he did he would do it with enthusiasum and dedication, I just canīt help thinking that if you dropped him into the SP set up somehow, even on a part time basis it could only be good.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of my favorite ever Palace players - really hope that he comes back to us one day in a coaching role.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Blimey. I am wiping a tear from my eye.

For those who can't get it, here is Aki's retirement speech

Sometimes beaten, never conquered

I will never quit playing football but this is the end of my professional career. What started from my home yard at 1982 has come to an end today. It is never a big public headline that especially at this age someone has left the game but personally it is frightening thought for me that morning doesn’t start thinking about the next game. Everyone who has given all he has to something at any walk of life knows that letting go is never easy.

I played and will leave the game being true to myself. I am happy and grateful that even now at the age of 35 I would still have had the opportunity to keep playing at a high level. But I also know myself too well, and that for my type of person it is not healthy that I have been forced to compromise in too many ways. Desire and thought wants more than body can take. When 3.1.2005 in Premiership game against Aston Villa my legs finished a reasonable cooperation with me, almost every day since it has been some sort of fight and balancing.

It hasn’t prevented getting decent results, though, which probably have kept me going on along with the great support I have got, but nothing takes fully away the feeling that I have not been able to perform the way I know I can and want. However, I am sure every teammate can be my witness that I have given all I have for the team every day I have been privileged to wear the jersey. When it comes to the hard decision I have taken today, I just am not a man who wants to hold anything back or accepts standards lower than they could be. And I have to say that also the game itself has changed in many of these ways I hold dear.

So what are we left with then? Not so much for the history books but more than a dream come through for an ordinary little boy from Helsinki. When I kicked football for the first time, I could have never believed where the game would take me. I still have to pinch myself sometimes for that. If I would tell everything, nobody would probably even believe me. It is humbling what I have been blessed with.

Football is a microcosm to the life as a whole. It is rapidly changing battle with success and failure. I played 448 professional games during my career including English, German and Scandinavian top leagues, and the Champions League. On the other hand I have once sold my car and flat after signing four year contract to MLS only to get banned even before any training session was over. I was cast aside for a year. That made it even more special to bounce back and win three titles in a row for my childhood club, and challenge in European Leagues the likes of Schalke, Besiktas and Dinamo Zagreb.

Football is the best possible life that I know. It is also very slippery from the edges. You can feel it, hear it and it is counted all the time. There is no better feeling than playing for your home country. I had the honor for 69 times and scored 11 goals in them. The reason why I stayed in the game for so long that the numbers were usually on my side. However, no result or honor means as much as knowing you gave it all you got. No regrets. I wish I did my parents proud by following their advice that everyday one has to be able to look your teammates to the eyes and face the man in the mirror.

I feel uncomfortable to write about this when it could be just informed with a one line press release. But many athletes and former athletes have lately come to speak me about how there is too little discussed about quitting the game and what impact it has on us who have lived it so fully. I don’t know the truth or have any answers. I have followed so many players to quit playing and thought about how it might feel. You think you are prepared. The truth comes time to time as salty water from eyes. And I am not even near there what the everyday reality will be about.

I know there will be times when I look from the stands and think I could and should be still doing it. I will miss the moment when I run to the stadium to fight for my colors. I will miss my teammates. It has been a great honor to play with great footballers and against the best in the world. It has been even greater honor to be able to be true to the own colors with great people in and around the clubs I have played at, and meet so many good people through football. And I will miss the game itself.

I will walk to work today with my head high and heart full of great memories. I will always carry with me the experiences, encounters and feelings that you good people and fantastic supporters have given and left in me.

Thank You All for the great journey, I don’t think I can never pay you back what you have given to me.

{sniff} {sniff} no, I'm Ok. It's just something in my eye......
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
CPFC2010 - Can we get him over as a VIP guest for a home game ?

(will pose the question in the correct thread).
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
What a great guy

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM

pap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepap : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He was at the game today absoulute legend!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A professional in every sense of the word. Even to knowing when he couldn't do it any more. Charming guy to meet. I hope he makes many more visits
Old 20-03-2012, 11:43 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Absolutely brilliant to see Aki last night at the game.
Had a long chat. A Finnish film crew were filming him, they said it will be available to watch on the net in about 10 days.
Took the obligatory picture with Chloe which seems to be too big to uplaod, maybe somebody can help me do it. Ta.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 20-03-2012, 11:49 PM

EL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEL JIMBO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Met aki tonight great bloke

Need to get him involved with 2010
Old 21-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Aki and Chloe last night pre match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aki & Chloe 20Mar2012c.jpg (193.8 KB, 135 views)

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rarely get star struck, but if there was one ex Palace player I would like to meet it would almost certainly be Aki. As for jealousy - not part of my make up, but Nelson you are bringing out the worst in me
Old 21-03-2012, 09:13 AM

SupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSupaZandeR ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by SupaZandeR; 21-03-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:20 AM

DaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didnt CPFC2010 say that he was going to be a guest of honour at a home game before the end of the season and he would be introduced on the pitch at half time?
Old 21-03-2012, 09:21 AM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Aki
Old 21-03-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telodaja
Rarely get star struck, but if there was one ex Palace player I would like to meet it would almost certainly be Aki. As for jealousy - not part of my make up, but Nelson you are bringing out the worst in me
Dya know what. I've know Aki for a long time now and he's never been anything other than a normal bloke. He greets Chloe with sincere affection and it's great to see how they have become good friends after she was just a young fan when they first met.
I think he gets a bit starstruck himself the way he namedropped Vincent Kompany into the conversation.
He really is a Palace fan and said he would make more trips to Selhurst as he has more time now.
He also said that he has the Finnish flag that we hung at all the home and away games in the mid 00's was hanging up in his house!
I asked him if he had kept in touch with Freedman and Tony P. He said that they were the two he'd had most contact with. Tony P was his roommate at Palace and he always got on with Dougie as he could never understand a word he said so they never fell out!
Top bloke and humble with it.

Old 21-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Optimistic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
Dya know what. I've know Aki for a long time now and he's never been anything other than a normal bloke. He greets Chloe with sincere affection and it's great to see how they have become good friends after she was just a young fan when they first met.
I think he gets a bit starstruck himself the way he namedropped Vincent Kompany into the conversation.
He really is a Palace fan and said he would make more trips to Selhurst as he has more time now.
He also said that he has the Finnish flag that we hung at all the home and away games in the mid 00's was hanging up in his house!
I asked him if he had kept in touch with Freedman and Tony P. He said that they were the two he'd had most contact with. Tony P was his roommate at Palace and he always got on with Dougie as he could never understand a word he said so they never fell out!
Top bloke and humble with it.
Now you are just rubbing it in
Seriously really good to hear that is as down to earth as I imagined, not that I ever doubted it.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
...he always got on with Dougie as he could never understand a word he said so they never fell out!

I fudging love Aki.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 14-05-2012, 11:27 AM
4th Generation Palace

palace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
New assistant coach please!
Old 14-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Why are 90% of people on here always clamouring for EX Palace players to have jobs at the club, fresh ideas from an outsider would be better IMO

Replace a Defensive coach with an assistant coach, what would that improve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale