Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
James Tomkins was a reject as well.
Was he? I thought it was more that they had defender overload and some top prospects coming through that they needed to make room for. Don't think he was their worst, but rather one that they could get good cash for. He wasn't first 11 when all fit though.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Was he? I thought it was more that they had defender overload and some top prospects coming through that they needed to make room for. Don't think he was their worst, but rather one that they could get good cash for. He wasn't first 11 when all fit though.
I think that's the point he was making
Old 11-01-2018, 08:42 AM

old traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
Another lazy, unfit, non team player, overpriced, premier league reject, mercenary, injury prone squad filler

Can we try something different and just get some conscientious, hard working types that donít cost a ******* bomb. Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester et al build entire squads on these with two or three proper talent and it works
]Another lazy, unfit, non team player, overpriced, premier league reject, mercenary, injury prone squad filler

Will fit in well with us then
Old 11-01-2018, 08:44 AM

old traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
This could be a commentators nightmare. Sakho sweeps it out to Sako on the wing. who takes on the full back and his low cross finds Sakho..... Goal! But personally, I think it's a ploy to confuse the ref by having 13 player on the park at any given time, three named Sakho/sako.
Would be even better if we could get away with giving them the same Number
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the moment we need a striker who can hit the ground running. Sakho has proved he can score goals at this level and probably won't even have to move house.

Signing someone like Cenk Tosun might have been more "interesting" but there is no guarantee that he will settle in England or score goals.

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bilic was playing him as a stand in right back at the time and he wanted to play centre back. I think he wanted out more to get regular games than them actually wanting to sell. Maybe a bit of both.

My take on Sakho is big concerns over his back. If we got Babacar as well, it wouldn't be so bad, but still a huge financial risk. At least they're not at the very end of their careers though.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:47 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
]Another lazy, unfit, non team player, overpriced, premier league reject, mercenary, injury prone squad filler

Will fit in well with us then
Nothing like giving the bloke a chance before he's even put on a Palace shirt
Old 11-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I think that's the point he was making
Oops. Whooshed then. I thought he meant that he was a reject come good. I'll go back to bed. Pretty sure that's where I left my brain this morning anyway
Old 11-01-2018, 08:57 AM
King Claude

Richwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For that fee pretty good business, scores premiership goals, that's what you want.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
So will we be paying him a £50k bonus if he starts a game or £25k bonus if he comes on as sub like West Ham.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Bilic was playing him as a stand in right back at the time and he wanted to play centre back. I think he wanted out more to get regular games than them actually wanting to sell. Maybe a bit of both.

My take on Sakho is big concerns over his back. If we got Babacar as well, it wouldn't be so bad, but still a huge financial risk. At least they're not at the very end of their careers though.
I remember him playing RB just before he came here. Plugging gaps that the youngsters out there were struggling with. That is how I remember it anyway.

Sakho is a player that probably has the quality but needs some TLC etc. He has 4 goals in only 320 mins which is a good sign. Would be a brace signing bearing in mind the issues he has in recent years but hopefully we would have had our eyes and ears open.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
Desperate signing. No doubt if we survive we will be told, no real signings can be made in the summer due to the desperate outlay by a chairman, continually trying to resolve his own mistakes. We need a new direction with soneone else running the day to day affairs of the club, before it's one to many mistakes.

Delete your account please
Old 11-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

So the same situation as Sakho then - they are overloaded with strikers and we have one.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:

Sakho is a player that probably has the quality but needs some TLC etc. He has 4 goals in only 320 mins which is a good sign. Would be a brace signing bearing in mind the issues he has in recent years but hopefully we would have had our eyes and ears open.
My head is saying no, but the thought of having two in form strikers, both with a point to prove added to our current strikers is extraordinary for a club like us, and I can't help being a bit excited about the prospect.

Just imagine...

Benteke,
Sakho,
Babacar,
Wickham.

Injury risk aside, that's bonkers.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Worried about this one given his poor injury record.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Hopefully the club have asked Tomkins opinion on this fella if we are genuinely interested in signing him.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:19 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Don’t think this is happening. Think it’s bs
Old 11-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Much better to have a small, expensive, injury-prone, ageing squad with little sell on value, just so we can try and cling on for one more season before the inevitable.

All I would like to see is us to have a bit of a longer term plan with our signings, instead of panic signings like this all the time. Other clubs our size manage it e.g Burnley and Bournemouth.
Their is no such thing as long term planning any more. Certainly not our level. These wonderful models ebb and flow. The Swansea model, Southampton, now is it Burnley? Let's see how that goes for another year or two before we are sure of that. And the future fortunes of Bournemouth before lauding them . Premier league is all about short termism. Sad fact but true and it isn't going to change.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:22 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Only started 2 games in 18 months.

Most of his games have NOT been from the bench, that is just this season. Scored 10 in his first season but then gone downhill since.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Trainer Specialist

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Donít think this is happening. Think itís bs
Good. Would be annoying knowing we could fix the Arthur for the same value as his contract while he lies on a beach nursing his permanently injured back.

Free money.