Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hide and seek
He hides too well we will never find him 362 46.83%
He's great! 258 33.38%
Moo! 153 19.79%
Voters: 773. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-10-2018, 02:07 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire-eagle View Post
If it is true that Benteke was suffering from this injury throughout all/most or even some of last season, and still this season, that is massively concerning.
Who the hell is responsible for the decision to play him, week in, week out, when he was a) not fully fit, and b) massively out of form
Surely (and again this is all based on the assumption that he was suffering from this all last season) there was someone within the club with sufficient brains and knowledge to link the injury with the poor form, and treat him sooner than now!
Or am I oversimplifying things?!
Agree. Or (which is likely) its complete bullshit
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
Benteke’s terrible form last season wasn’t down to an injury, come on people do you really think they would play him for a year whilst injured, no of course not. He was/is massively out of form and has zero confidence in any aspect of his game. Blaming the injury is wishful thinking.
I wouldn't be so sure. It depends if his injury was seen as needing surgery or if they felt it may clear up on its own.
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. It depends if his injury was seen as needing surgery or if they felt it may clear up on its own.
It's obvious to wonder that, but if he were suffering all season why, when he wasn't called up to the Belgium WC squad, didn't he have the op at that point? if he'd been suffering all season, it would have been relatively clear that managing it conservatively wasn't working - unless they felt a period of full rest was required?
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Yep, that's the reality. Which makes every signing crucial. Spending £20m on Sorloth and Kouyate for example is a lot of money. Maybe better to spend that on one top striker and instead use someone like Riedewald for the role Kouyate is performing? Riedewald of course is another £9m plus player. We've signed a few players that we aren't making the most of.
Absolutely. There's £27m worth of players who shouldn't be near to first XI starts. Maybe we have a limited budget, but if we do then don't just spend for the sake of it. Say we have £9m a window to spend. Wait until the 3rd window and sign a top class £27m player who might actually contribute.

I wouldn't have signed Riedewald, Sorloth or Kouyate (who i categorically stated was overpriced at £10m for a 28 year old journeyman at the time). Instead I would have signed quality young talent. We could have triggered Traore's £17m release clause. Lookman would be available for £25m. And RLC will surely push for a move and be valued around that sort of figure. We have gone beyond the need to buy experienced EPL pros. We have those already, and we are in our 5th season in the top flight. What we need is young talent. So far, all our eggs are in the Zaha basket when it comes to young pacy attacking talent.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

I wouldn't have signed Riedewald, Sorloth or Kouyate (who i categorically stated was overpriced at £10m for a 28 year old journeyman at the time). ......
I hope my view of Kouyate turns out to be right and not yours. I am not sure he fits the definition of 'journeyman' does he? He started his career in 2007 and was snapped up early on by Anderlecht. He left them after 6 years and then stayed at West Ham for a further 4 years before joining us. He has hardly flitted about. He is only 28 and Captains his International team. I have always thought he has looked a powerful force in the middle of the park with the energy to get up and down. Scores goals and strong in the air generally. Can play Centre or right side midfield or CB when needed. He had one so so season at West Ham under Moyes after some issues with the 'club'. Given the chance I think he could be a top player for us and I certainly don't think we could get many players of his level and experience for £10m and so he could be a Tomkins like bargain. I would like to see him given a chance in the DM role alongside Luka or maybe instead of if he can't find his form.

Sorloth certainly looks like he needs more time although WBA performance was a bit more encouraging. Jairo, I hope will get a chance at some point but not sure if it will be this season still. Both of these two have time on their side and moving them on will just realise a loss now anyway and so I would hold onto them both.

Re future transfers. I think we should just sign ones that work out brilliantly