Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-02-2018, 10:36 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
What is so mad is not so much the NRA speak total and utter bollocks but the fact that there are enough people who believe them to maintain the status quo. Hopefully this latest shooting is the tipping point.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 23-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
It won't be. That's what they said about Columbine etc.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
What is so mad is not so much the NRA speak total and utter bollocks but the fact that there are enough people who believe them to maintain the status quo. Hopefully this latest shooting is the tipping point.
It almost certainly won’t be. You just need to look at the immediate response to see that.

This will sound horrific but for a single event to trigger a reaction like that you need way more deaths than that. For instance if three people had died in Grenfell tower do you think pretty much every local council would have been reviewing the types of cladding in properties? I am pretty certain they wouldn’t have. But near one hundred and.........

And US gun culture is way more ingrained into the national psyche. Would anything happen if someone managed to kill one hundred school children? I don’t know. One guy managed to kill 58 people and injure nearly a thousand and they haven’t even banned bump stocks.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Unfortunately Maz and Adlers both of you are right

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 23-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Walter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalter Wort came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Trump will love this. He'll brand him a coward and have him hanged if he could.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-02-2018, 07:40 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
It occurred to me that this is another example of the “haves” v the “have not” but where the “have nots” (including the people keeping them there) are clearly wrong.

For the people in power that’s just trying to keep the status quo (billion dollar arms industry) and for the poor a lack of education and an insular culture.

Can’t see any of those things changing any time soon.

The world is really becoming two distinct countries
Old 23-02-2018, 07:46 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
What a surprise. If trained and experienced police officers find it hard to muster the courage to face up to a psycho indiscriminately blasting kids with an assault rifle, how are teachers expected to.

But at least he has his scapegoat now.
Old 23-02-2018, 08:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Stop trying to understand Americans.
Old 23-02-2018, 08:38 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
What a surprise. If trained and experienced police officers find it hard to muster the courage to face up to a psycho indiscriminately blasting kids with an assault rifle, how are teachers expected to.

But at least he has his scapegoat now.
Bit rich that someone who avoided the Vietnam draft with various ailments such as a bruised foot should call someone a coward.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 23-02-2018, 08:43 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
If six year olds can be shot up as they were in Sandy Hook and still nothing changes then there really is no hope out there in the U.S.

Tbh apart from WW2 and, arguably, Obamacare, what actual good have they at The White House done since? Lots of bad but very little in the way of good.

I'm heading to the Overrated thread now.
Old 23-02-2018, 09:14 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
For me, the nonsense of arming teachers (or anyone) can be summed up in two words: To view the link you have to Register or Login Here was a gunman at a place where the targets had access to the most sophisticated personal weaponry, were (practically without exception) trained for a firefight, and in many cases were actual combat veterans. Yet he still killed 13, including three who were confronting him.

We all know Hollywood et al makes shit up and we don't take them seriously, except, it seems to me, when we mythologise action heroes - everyone thinks, "That would be me. That's what I would do." Bollocks. The reality is that in the face of violence it is very difficult to act in the ways we see on screen.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 23-02-2018, 09:27 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Another issue I have with the NRA and the arms industry - in conjunction with their alt right allies - is their support of their 'war on drugs'.

The volume is on drugs being smuggled into the USA, the background noise for those who are interested is the shocking level of armed violence in Mexico, with thousands shot and killed every year.

The silence surrounds who is supplying the Mexican gangsters with all their weaponry and ammunition.

Yes America is profiting massively selling billions of dollars worth of arms to Mexican gangsters who then smuggle it over the border. The trade is open, but silent.

Last edited by adrenalin john; 23-02-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:41 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Yeah. But all that is going to stop when Trump builds the wall. Isn't it?
Old 24-02-2018, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Another issue I have with the NRA and the arms industry - in conjunction with their alt right allies - is their support of their 'war on drugs'.

The volume is on drugs being smuggled into the USA, the background noise for those who are interested is the shocking level of armed violence in Mexico, with thousands shot and killed every year.

The silence surrounds who is supplying the Mexican gangsters with all their weaponry and ammunition.

Yes America is profiting massively selling billions of dollars worth of arms to Mexican gangsters who then smuggle it over the border. The trade is open, but silent.
Sicario is an enjoyable watch.
Old 24-02-2018, 02:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
From what I can make out, and I am open to being wrong, the security guard did go in, he just didn't rush in like a headless chicken. He stopped and accessed the situation then went in.

Really feeling for the guy... I'm sure he is putting enough pressure on himself, without the President of the United States calling him out [sic] to the world.
Old 24-02-2018, 02:38 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login, Hedgie.

The latest is that To view the link you have to Register or Login and didn't go in either. "The Coral Springs officers were left "stunned" and "upset" when they found the four original deputies, who were first on the scene, outside hiding behind their cars." I believe that reinforces the point in my earlier post.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King

Last edited by hughff; 24-02-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 24-02-2018, 02:43 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Yeah... a tough call. Not sure any of us can say how we would react.

It does cast a shadow of doubt on everyone owning a gun theory making it safer though.
Old 24-02-2018, 02:57 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

Exactly - which is why I don't want to disparage the officers involved. I would not want to be in that situation and cannot conceive of how I would act if I were.

Old 24-02-2018, 06:56 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
These `sherifs deputies´. What kind of job is it? Are they actual policemen, or is it just a fancy title for someone on minimum wage?
Old 24-02-2018, 07:58 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
These `sherifs deputies´. What kind of job is it? Are they actual policemen, or is it just a fancy title for someone on minimum wage?
Not sure, but I do know that they wouldn't have been shot at by Bob Marley