Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Iím hoping Brighton get something like a home match v Chelsea.

Thereíll be more negative media coverage if theyíre given the reduced allocation we got,
Boro will do them at the Riverside.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcpfc View Post
The stewards last night put their hands in my pockets and checked everything, they even took my wallet out of my trouser pocket are they allowed to do this?
I donít know about the legalities, but that strikes me as poor practice. You could now say they pinched a bank card or cash with a quick bit of slight of hand, especially as it was dark.

Having felt your wallet during a pat down, he could have asked you to show it to him if he felt it was unusually bulky.

If I have something a bit chunky in my pockets, (wallet, car keys) I tend to hold them in my hand first so they can be clearly identified and the pat down then raises no queries.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcpfc View Post
The stewards last night put their hands in my pockets and checked everything, they even took my wallet out of my trouser pocket are they allowed to do this?
Did he say anything to you beforehand ?

The person who searched you put themselves in a risky position by doing that.

It appears to me that stewards/ security staff assume that because it is a condition of entry to a venue that people are searched, that they assume they don't have to ask first, well they do and must get your permission, of course you can say no and then they can refuse you access.

They are committing assault if they just start searching you.

Assuming that you agree to be searched, then as mentioned above, they should be asking you to remove anything from your pocket that they are unsure of.

I am not sure as to the legal position regarding putting their hands in your pockets, but if they do it the are opening themselves up to all sorts of allegations.

The Palace stewards are supplied by an agency who I'm assured train the stewards, but as I have found out for myself strict search procedures are not always followed.

Only 'blue sky' opinion allowed on here please, this isn't a discussion forum.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Through Infinity & Beyond

cjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post

It appears to me that stewards/ security staff assume that because it is a condition of entry to a venue that people are searched, that they assume they don't have to ask first, well they do and must get your permission, of course you can say no and then they can refuse you access.

Assuming that you agree to be searched, then as mentioned above, they should be asking you to remove anything from your pocket that they are unsure of.

I am not sure as to the legal position regarding putting their hands in your pockets, but if they do it the are opening themselves up to all sorts of allegations.

The Palace stewards are supplied by an agency who I'm assured train the stewards, but as I have found out for myself strict search procedures are not always followed.
Thanks - no he just took it out and looked at it and put it back. I wasnt sure if he could just do it. I thought he had to ask me to remove the items for hi to check
Old 10-01-2018, 04:21 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post

The main reason why its not advisable to do this is because of the risk of injury when putting your hands in someoneís pockets/bag. If there is anything sharp in there, itís the stewardís tough luck if he hasnít asked you first. Doing what he did would imply poor training to me. Having been down there twice in the last two months I think that a general lack of training comes across loud and clear.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
The main reason why its not advisable to do this is because of the risk of injury when putting your hands in someoneís pockets/bag. If there is anything sharp in there, itís the stewardís tough luck if he hasnít asked you first. Doing what he did would imply poor training to me. Having been down there twice in the last two months I think that a general lack of training comes across loud and clear.

I was there for the first match, sat in the front row and spoke to the stewards nearest to me. They'd been bussed down from London by an agency. One of them had never been to a football match in his life before. The likelihood of any training never crossed my mind - their employment is one of the downsides of the gig economy.