Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
If there is no substantial redevelopment imminent then they need to improve the facilities in the Arthur by next season.
Arthur is years away from redevelopment so they should refurb it as a matter of priority now. I guess that with the owners who used to sit in the AW having moved to the other side it kind of gets forgotten.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
It feels like the Arthur is the forgotten stand. Try going right to the back and you had better hope the ball doesn't go in the air. I would like to know what interim improvements are planned for the Arthur?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
If there is no substantial redevelopment imminent then they need to improve the facilities in the Arthur by next season.
The Arthur is a disgrace. An utter disgrace. Everything from the seating, to the sight lines when further back, the serious overcrowding, the toilets.......But I can't see it being sorted without a real overhaul. The bigger joke being that away fans of course pay 'only' £30.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
This...if on a non matchday, I would welcome a new Crystal Palace great fire burning my season ticket seats and the cowshed AW stand down.....as much as I love it....if you know what I mean...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
The Arthur is a disgrace. An utter disgrace. Everything from the seating, to the sight lines when further back, the serious overcrowding, the toilets.......But I can't see it being sorted without a real overhaul. The bigger joke being that away fans of course pay 'only' £30.
Might be but I love it had a season ticket in there for 30 years will miss it when its gone
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It feels like the Arthur is the forgotten stand. Try going right to the back and you had better hope the ball doesn't go in the air. I would like to know what interim improvements are planned for the Arthur?
Still eight or nine rows behind me at the Man City game

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Arthur is years away from redevelopment so they should refurb it as a matter of priority now. I guess that with the owners who used to sit in the AW having moved to the other side it kind of gets forgotten.
Problem is there is not a lot you can do to refurb it there is no space in there
Old 07-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post

I sat in an almost identical spot for the West Ham game. The view really isn't good enough for a Premier League ground. I have no idea how people right up the back see anything or put up with it either.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:43 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
The problem is that massive gantry thing filling up about a third of your view.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:56 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Like watching through a post box.. couldn't they have stuck that above the main stand?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1905 View Post
Might be but I love it had a season ticket in there for 30 years will miss it when its gone
The rate things are progressing, you will on your Golden Jubilee ST holder before any change!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Could it not be moved to above the roof ..with just the camera positions being lower down?
Old 07-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post

Thankfully I'm down at the front...that's piss poor!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
There are worse examples online

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 07-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
There are worse examples online

Shocking..I think it's obvious now why away fans run onto the pitch....they just want to make sure its really there!
Old 07-12-2016, 01:36 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
You wouldn't pay 5quid for that view. Truly is appalling.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The situation in the Arthur and the ground development in general is an area that I am fed up with waiting to be resolved. I don't sit there but I have done and it was appalling in the Championship with 15k, goodness knows what it's like now.

We should be hugely embarrassed to charge anybody £30 for these seats, home or away.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Those seats should be sold at a massive discount with **RESTRICTED VIEW** plastered across the top of them. Embarrassing. Away fans must think its a right dump
Old 07-12-2016, 02:42 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
I paid 40 odd quid for a seat near the back of the Arthur last season. Couldnt see the other side of the pitch. Piss everywhere in toilets and had to queue nearly 10 minutes. 2 quid for a slightly warm cup of tea. The stand and service is a utter disgrace.

Trouble is some tourists will pay that money not knowing what to expect so the club just take the money.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:12 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Part of the blame should be laid at the Premier League/Sky/BT though. They requested all these pathetic structures to be put in place. The cabin in the Holmesdale corner that is only used rarely by BT was meant for Sky who didn't use it once I believe and also displaced quite a few disabled fans.

The small gantry in the middle of the Holmesdale has also meant the HF can't display the banners that they used to because of opposition from the club/council all for a 15 second shot for the lineups at the start of the game.

And that Arthur gantry is the biggest pisstake off them all.