Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who is most to blame if we go down?
Parish 249 44.54%
FDB 28 5.01%
The Americans 19 3.40%
Pardew 23 4.11%
The Players 30 5.37%
Benteke 34 6.08%
'Injuries' 160 28.62%
Ron Noades 16 2.86%
Voters: 559. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 12:49 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Benteke and the physio team. I'm sorry but 'big Ben' has been pitiful this season and is taking the club for a ride.

Sam seemed to know how to take care of the players and I don't remember that many injuries during his spell. Unless I'm being unkind and this is nothing more than extremely bad luck, and weak wills in Sakho's case.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Ffs.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:50 PM

St.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The scapegoat.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:54 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
The club is at fault for;

*Either not establishing exactly what FDB wanted to do and supporting him or understanding exactly what he wanted to do and deciding not to support him, particularly in failing to seriously attempt to buy the kind of technical midfielder required to make the system work. We had no-goals/no-assists-for-a-year Jason Puncheon as our 'creative force' in the middle. Says it all about our commitment to making FDB's system work. I don't count renting Chelski sick notes as meaningful investment in creativity. But we never invest in creativity and never will.

*Not buying an established GK or Striker.

*Not buying an AM or reserve winger in January when Wilf was the only player we have capable of fashioning a goal chance.

*Not bringing in midfield reinforcements in general and continuing with '70mins Cabaye' as our 'dynamo.'

*It could be argued Benteke and Sahko were luxury buys that could have been far better spent bringing in an AM and keeping the strikers we had previously.

The rest of the blame lies with that whore, Lady Luck. We gambled heavily on the points above and have been ruthlessly punished on every one.

To be fair, Parish and co could not have foreseen an injury crisis so severe that our crocked eleven is vastly superior to what we have left. It could also be argued that no club can fully mitigate against this level of misfortune. A classic example is that the only position in the team which has suffered minimal injuries since the season kicked off is the striker, who has suffered such a collapse of form that he may as well have missed more than a handful of games. Fate took out half-a-dozen players in a defense where we had decent cover, left Townsend fit to fail almost all season but took out Wilf and Sako straight after the January window closed and we had left ourselves without any other creative outlet. Benteke has been left fit to do basically nothing and we had no alternative all season. We seem cursed.

But, overall, we left ourselves open to this. The fact remains that bringing in just a single quality AM, ST, GK or CM would likely have given us an extra couple of wins by now and make us far less likely to drop. We were unlucky that a burglar spotted the back door left ajar but we were the ones who didn't lock up properly in the first place.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 01-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There is so much that has gone wrong this season; FdB, recruitment, injuries etc. However, the Jan transfer window feels the worst area, Roy was saying for months that we needed players, so to end up with the 3 players that we did was an utter joke.

We had over 3 months to scout and prepare signings, yet all the rumours point to our insistence on attempting last minute signings that has really cost us.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:56 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The players obviously
Old 01-03-2018, 12:58 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here

Last edited by aj4england; 01-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:00 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Two missed penalties will be our downfall
Old 01-03-2018, 01:08 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
not really. they were both soft anyway. If we go down by a couple of points i hope people don't point to those as the reason as there are many many many other people that would need to take the blame. For me, Parish
Old 01-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Too many reasons to list. It's been a catalogue of disasters added to ineptitude on many levels. To be honest, it's also "our turn" after repeated escapes - last season's in particular. Surviving this mess looks highly improbable right now. But, as we know, things can change quickly. Four straight wins now and we can all look back and laugh. The sackings can come later...
Old 01-03-2018, 01:13 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
No more than the seven game head start we gave the division over the FDB debacle. Many things have put us here. Basically, it's been a 'Murphy's Law' season.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Monkey Shadow

simplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was the single road getting to Nijmegen
Old 01-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Loughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Pardew period should have been the Premier League consolidation phase. Instead we had a maverick who let squad attitude and fitness deteriorate, with poor player recruitment.

Parish has to take some blame for allowing this to happen. We have been papering over the cracks ever since Pardew lost the plot.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its all a bit negative and depressing. Shouldn't we be having this discussion . . . IF?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
How the feck can anyone blame anyone except what happened this season /preseason...I blame a big new shiny stand over securing cover for an old thin squad, it's a gamble that still may pay off, there are 30 points up for grabs but.......
Old 01-03-2018, 01:32 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplex View Post
It was the single road getting to Nijmegen
Not a Bridge Too Far then?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

VAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Parish is entirely to blame. His transfer policy from day one has been to quibble and haggle his way out of deals and survive by the skin of his teeth. Even now he can't help being himself, talking about the waste of money in football.
The fact is that we would have been back down several years back if we weren't lucky enough to find a couple of quality managers available to keep us up. In fact, we have had three of the best British managers available and lost two of them through lack of ambition. Roy will be next.
I guarantee that if we stay up this season, Parish will be doing the same crap in the summer.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Anneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I still think the decision to take part in the money making Asia trophy was a huge mistake and meant the pre-season was not as effective as it should have been.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have been unlucky with injurys specially since Christmas but I would say if Roy could choose his outfield 11 it would be ward tomkins sakho shlupp luka Cabaye wilf Townsend RLC benteke up till Christmas we had most of these fit wilf and benteke missed a few at start that hurt us because parish didn't have cover for centre forward.injurys reAly kicked in around Jan when parish could have got body's in he chose not to. Some of the injured players if everyone was fit would not reAly have started anyway Speroni punch Dann Kelly wickham sako as for schlupp not much between him and pva both run hot and cold.so I'm pointing blame at parish much will depend on getting wilf back his the one player we can't replace within our current squad.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAR View Post
Parish is entirely to blame. His transfer policy from day one has been to quibble and haggle his way out of deals and survive by the skin of his teeth. Even now he can't help being himself, talking about the waste of money in football.
The fact is that we would have been back down several years back if we weren't lucky enough to find a couple of quality managers available to keep us up. In fact, we have had three of the best British managers available and lost two of them through lack of ambition. Roy will be next.
I guarantee that if we stay up this season, Parish will be doing the same crap in the summer.
You seem to be in the camp determined to ignore the ridiculous injuries we've suffered. I agree and have written that we have had two abysmal windows but let's be honest, if Wilf and a few others had been fit all season, we'd be on a lot more points and this level of despair wouldn't be happening. Parish left the door open a crack but a full force gale has blown through.