Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:16 AM

The Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Amazed how many people would be unhappy with a reasonably priced experienced midfielder who is still on the fringes of the England squad. Maybe he wouldn't start ever week for us but he would certainly improve our squad.
Spot on.

I thought he was WBA best player at our place - not a headline grabber but decent in that DM role keeping things ticking over and working hard for the team.
IF true good business. I don’t see us signing anyone Roy doesn’t want - so we’ve got to back his expertise. He Knows what he doing no doubt about that.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Solid player at the price
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drive Man View Post
Spot on.

I thought he was WBA best player at our place - not a headline grabber but decent in that DM role keeping things ticking over and working hard for the team.
IF true good business. I don’t see us signing anyone Roy doesn’t want - so we’ve got to back his expertise. He Knows what he doing no doubt about that.
Yep he looked ok
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Written off maybe but he has been poor for both teams.. he isn’t very good, and been relegated with 2 poor teams without standing out.. theme there unlike dann
I disagree with you. Whenever I've seen him I think he's looked alright. He's not going to win you the league but he'd be a good squad/first team player for us.

Surely you can accept that he would be a huge upgrade on Mutch and Lee?
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Awful player

People would have him but not Wilshere

Unbelievable
Old 03-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
When he was mentioned last summer I was sceptical but I watched a bunch of the Hull games and realised that he might not be a flashy player but is no mug and he is the sort of team player you need alongside flair players. So if cheap, and £10m would be cheap then he would stiffen the squad. He does those things that seasoned pros do. Takes no prisoners. Not sure if he is a particularly likeable player but he is always up for a battle and will retain possession.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:23 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Yeah pretty sure he’s said that a few times. Well the depth will get better if we sign players to play in first 11.. means those replaced will drop down pecking order so makes perfect sense and means we don’t stand still.

Gettting into England Squads really isn’t a sign of quality...
Well we'll see but if we could get him for around £10m I think he would be a solid and sensible signing. Plus Livermore is certainly capable of starting games for us but wouldn't be guaranteed to.

As for Parish, he also said that in January we would be looking for players who can come straight in to the team and be ready to do a job, we then signed Sorloth, Rakip and Jach.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:28 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Roy got RLC into the England squad from nowhere.

Is there nothing in Livermore's game that suggests Roy could do the same for him ?
Old 03-06-2018, 11:29 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I disagree with you. Whenever I've seen him I think he's looked alright. He's not going to win you the league but he'd be a good squad/first team player for us.

Surely you can accept that he would be a huge upgrade on Mutch and Lee?
He was absolute dog shit against us last game of season.. slow.. got turned time and time again.

Yes I can accept he is better than Mutch.. but I’d much rather get someone who will start meaning we have someone like cabaye for example on the bench. Far better.

Livermore is the definition of average and that’s being kind. Anyway.. I’m roy we trust.

Also fwiw this is the same reporter that said wilf was off to city.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well we'll see but if we could get him for around £10m I think he would be a solid and sensible signing. Plus Livermore is certainly capable of starting games for us but wouldn't be guaranteed to.

As for Parish, he also said that in January we would be looking for players who can come straight in to the team and be ready to do a job, we then signed Sorloth, Rakip and Jach.
Think they were panic signings imo. Or Emergency signings..

We shall see.. as I said above, trust Roy.. he knows far better than me
Old 03-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
As a starter he would weaken our side no matter who he replaced, as a squad man do we really need a 28 year old.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:42 AM

TC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for you
If Roy wants him then that's good enough for me, the right manager may bring the best of out him.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
A club in our position should not be going down the same route of signing ‘squad’ players.

Get someone in who goes straight in the first 11 and let the player he replaces go on the bench.

Livermore does not fit the bill.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I also think people sometimes need to get rid of this idea we always have a set/ best starting eleven and then the bench players. With a decent squad we shouldn't have that. We should be able to pick an eleven suited for specific games, an eleven dependent on form, fitness and the way we intend to play against each different opponent. It would be fantastic to have the option of rotating a little over the hectic Christmas schedule.

The fact we played virtually the same eleven pretty whenever possible last season says a lot about the lack of options we have.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:46 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Jairo Riedewald is only 20,so won't Need to be Named,in the 25.
He's been only 20 for nearly 2 years now.
Will need to put Dorian Gray on his shirt next season.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
A club in our position should not be going down the same route of signing ‘squad’ players.

Get someone in who goes straight in the first 11 and let the player he replaces go on the bench.

Livermore does not fit the bill.
So we should go and sign someone to play as a ball winning, defensive midfielder ahead of Luka then? How much do want to spend on improving a position we don't really need to improve? Because to get someone better than Luka it would probably cost north of £30m.

No one else in the current squad gives us that steel. Jairo can hold and intercept but doesn't win the ball and has nowhere near the physicality.

So with your logic we either go into the season again relying on Luka to stay fit all season or we spend a shit load in a position we don't really need to.

Someone like Livermore for a reasonable price could sometimes play alonsigde Luka, play in place of him if Luka is injured/ suspended and would offer a solid option from the bench (to do either of the above).

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 03-06-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
So we should go and sign someone to play as a ball winning, defensive midfielder ahead of Luka then? How much do want to spend on improving a position we don't really need to improve? Because to get someone better than Luka it would probably cost north of £30m.

No one else in the current squad gives us that steel. Jairo can hold and intercept but doesn't win the ball and has nowhere near the physicality.

So with your logic we either go into the season again relying on Luka to stay fit all season or we spend a shit load in a position we don't really need to.

Someone like Livermore for a reasonable price could sometimes play alonsigde Luka, play in place of him if Luka is injured/ suspended and would offer a solid option from the bench (to do either of the above).

This is a fair post.

My argument is we have other priorities.. like replacing cabaye, rlc, another cb, a striker.. but agree with what you are generally saying.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:19 PM

hedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Spot on
Old 03-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
I also think people sometimes need to get rid of this idea we always have a set/ best starting eleven and then the bench players. With a decent squad we shouldn't have that. We should be able to pick an eleven suited for specific games, an eleven dependent on form, fitness and the way we intend to play against each different opponent. It would be fantastic to have the option of rotating a little over the hectic Christmas schedule.

The fact we played virtually the same eleven pretty whenever possible last season says a lot about the lack of options we have.
Agree with this. I also think he is probably a better player than he looks from afar. I think he would genuinely be pushing for a starting place dependent on who we were playing. Also he can play alongside another DM or in front of them. Wherever he plays he will win the ball but he is always looking to play and make a pass for teammates.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:16 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Amazed how many people would be unhappy with a reasonably priced experienced midfielder who is still on the fringes of the England squad. Maybe he wouldn't start ever week for us but he would certainly improve our squad.
According to Hull and West Brom fans on their respective forums, he was one of the worst players in the entire squad. Many don't want him close to their squad even in the championship. His reputation due to England does not match his abilities.