Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:10 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Yeah, possibly Antonio on hold pending us selling Benteke? Can't see Wilf going anywhere. He's needed for the big Champions League push
There was a quote somewhere in the last few weeks that I lost but it was something about "making sure you are prepared if you lose someone after our window has closed (ie - to a foreign side)" and that was pretty weird to me. In the case of Zaha im assuming we just bat away any bids that come in that late, and I am not aware of any players supposedly with release clauses...

So going by that the implication to me is that there is interest in a player from abroad that the club wants to sell. Benteke may be a bit of a stretch but he did annoy the club with that whole penalty mess, did more or less lose his place by the end of the season, and we do seem to be pursuing more forwards than you think we would probably need.

Bottom shelf conspiracy theory basically
Old 01-08-2018, 07:13 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
There was a quote somewhere in the last few weeks that I lost but it was something about "making sure you are prepared if you lose someone after our window has closed (ie - to a foreign side)" and that was pretty weird to me. In the case of Zaha im assuming we just bat away any bids that come in that late, and I am not aware of any players supposedly with release clauses...

So going by that the implication to me is that there is interest in a player from abroad that the club wants to sell. Benteke may be a bit of a stretch but he did annoy the club with that whole penalty mess, did more or less lose his place by the end of the season, and we do seem to be pursuing more forwards than you think we would probably need.

Was Brighty I think.

Benteke to China or somewhere? We wouldn't want to leave ourselves short. Well short as it is.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:14 PM

Carlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
We can't have it all ways. We have been wanting the club to show ambition which may enable us to keep hold of our crown jewels for an extended period. Good players cost money in wages. Better players demand more money. They are all wealthy young men earning a fortune. I have no sympathy for anyone moaning because they earn, say £40k per week, who throws their toys out the pram because a better player earns more. There's a point where football has to be played as sport, a passion and as a team, and not viewed simply as a means to earn money. These boys work and train hard. They are extremely fit and have to avoid many of the excesses that players of previous generations could get away with. But boy are they lucky to be millionaires by simply being good at a game that many of of view as a hobby.
Good points

It is great to see the board seamingly showing ambition

I am hopeful that Parish et al are still remembering their mantra of their early days when they always said they would not jeopardise the future of the club

It has certainly paid off up to now - as a Palace fan of old I cannot get used to the fact that it looks like we may have a stable well run club
Old 01-08-2018, 07:15 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Benteke money I reckon.
Shout
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Carlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlise Few View Post
I am now worried that if Meyer is earning anything like the figures being banded about - other players will get the hump. This results in dressing room disunity and/or excessive wage demands - especially if Meyer does not produce the goods

Sorry but I have been a Palace fan for so long that I am addicted to scenarios where something appears fantastic and rapidly goes tits up.

Any reassurance much appreciated!
170k a week according to the Mail

Let's hope he earns it
Old 01-08-2018, 10:28 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlise Few View Post
Seems like all of a sudden we have loads of dosh

Even the Meyer deal would be expensive in terms of wages
We always did have some money, it would be sheer idiocy for Roy or SP to come out and say we've got a huge transfer kitty and we're going to have a right go this year.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
We always did have some money, it would be sheer idiocy for Roy or SP to come out and say we've got a huge transfer kitty and we're going to have a right go this year.
Tell that to the Spurs fans who think they have Zaha guaranteed now
Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
So far, if we dare to include Meyer as one of our three signings, we've reportedly only spent £9.5m and that may even be in a few instalments. If we sold Reidewald and bought Ayew, I guess it would only be a few £m more on top of that, so all in all, pretty bloody cheap considering.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:13 PM

All this has made me realise what a colossal wad Benteke is on
Old 02-08-2018, 06:49 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post

It was Mark Bright in the Reading commentary. i wouldn't read too much into it. His co-commentator simply asked what he thought about the UK window closing early and he said what everyone else is saying about the problem is it's leaves ALL clubs open to offers from abroad for players with no way of replacing them if they go.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
This is more what I was thinking of-

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Clever spin by Steve and Roy maybe?
Old 02-08-2018, 08:35 AM

Dom Fifield-

At Palace, initial ambitions have been tempered by financial realities as the owners eye both the £100m redevelopment of Selhurst Park’s main stand and a wage bill which has become prohibitive over recent seasons. It had risen 39% to £112m for 2016-17, the ninth largest in the division. The wages to turnover ratio of 78% was the highest in the top-flight. Since those figures were submitted, Mamadou Sakho has been secured from Liverpool, while Zaha signed new and improved terms.

The staggering of transfer fees saw large payments due to Liverpool for Christian Benteke and Sakho, which limited funds further in the shortened window.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have had limited funds.

Roy has done brilliant with the budget he’s been given.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM

simonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksimonjmac sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
So far in this window wages have been high, transfer fees have been low. West Ham will panic sell over the next few days and I believe just about any West Ham player who was there last season will want out at almost any wage, I think we may still grab a bargain or 2 out of them.

This window despite everyone critisism has been pretty good so far!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:13 AM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
We have had limited funds.

Roy has done brilliant with the budget he’s been given.
I don't like this "its the Manager who has done brilliant" but when things go wrong it is Dougie or Steve Parish's fault.

Can't we just say the management team at the club have done brilliantly or are at fault. Share the credit around when it is good, fault around when it is bad.

Let's face it they all have had an input into decisions.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:14 AM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
I don't like this "its the Manager who has done brilliant" but when things go wrong it is Dougie or Steve Parish's fault.

Can't we just say the management team at the club have done brilliantly or are at fault. Share the credit around when it is good, fault around when it is bad.

Totally agree there
Old 02-08-2018, 10:15 AM
I'm listening ....

xian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wow, 10 figure loan fees, must be from Chelsea ....
And £35 million for a bit player, any ideas

They have been quoted eight-figure loan fees for some players this summer, or well in excess of £35m by a rival club for the permanent transfer of a bit-part player who made five league starts last term.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:24 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
Wow, 10 figure loan fees, must be from Chelsea ....
And £35 million for a bit player, any ideas

They have been quoted eight-figure loan fees for some players this summer, or well in excess of £35m by a rival club for the permanent transfer of a bit-part player who made five league starts last term.
Drinkwater
Old 02-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post

Spot on.
And every club has "limited funds" even Real Madrid.