Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-07-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
He's just turned 22. He's a kid but he's tall enough so enough gym sessions and a proper program of weights and he'll be fine, some people think he's now too big this preseason he can't win.

Again and again in the UK big, strong tall players are favoured at the expense of being able to pass accurately at pace or to be able to read a match. It's the wrong way round. You can put a kid in the gym and bulk them up or improve their endurance but you can't teach genuine skill only hone it and teach them when and where to use it. It's the mentality that led to Wilf getting nowhere in England teams.

The club nearly didn't keep Wilf (and AWB) on because they thought they were too weedy. I mean FFS.

He did fine against Man City, Burnley and Spurs in the middle of the park that suggests there is something to work on.
It's the lack of pace for me, not so much his size. Although there is also a lack of power (I guess the faster you are the more powerful you become). He just looks too slow to me.

Very few players make it in the PL who aren't athletes. A player like Garvan and Ambrose for example never stood a chance at this level despite being excellent technically.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 15-07-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 15-07-2018, 08:19 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It's the lack of pace for me, not so much his size. Although there is also a lack of power (I guess the faster you are the more powerful you become). He just looks too slow to me.

Very few players make it in the PL who aren't athletes. A player like Garvan and Ambrose for example never stood a chance at this level despite being excellent technically.
But again that's a failing in coaching, sports science and physical performance departments (things that I'm not even sure we had when we got promoted). Are you seriously trying to tell me that people can't become fitter and stronger through appropriate training regimes.

Ambrose had really bad injury problems which is what did for him. As for Garvan how do you know Ollie was the one who binned him off without giving him a chance the same Ollie that presided over the purchase of 9 odd useless players and told Andre to do one because he'd had a dream.....
Old 15-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Billy,Joe,Kate & Jim

lizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very darklizzsteve sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
He won’t be cheap and so a big gamble. I would prefer Forests Ben Brereton, younger and probably a lot cheaper - worth a punt!
Old 15-07-2018, 09:57 PM

DaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace believed to have made an offer of Cash plus Kaikai to get Watkins.

Appears to be real interest on our part
Old 15-07-2018, 10:01 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

To view the link you have to Register or Login

They’ll want more money no doubt but that would be great business

Last edited by carter; 15-07-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:06 PM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

I can see the partial sense in that. Not completely sold on Watkins, but think he is an improvement on Kaikai.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:10 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post

Replacement for Zaha. I stopped reading then.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:14 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Have we been relegated to the championship?
Old 15-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Are you saying there's no decent players in the lower leagues
Old 15-07-2018, 10:21 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post

Great business.... not so sure..
They paid £1.8m for him a year ago.. I’d say it’s a risky move
Old 15-07-2018, 11:06 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Not sure what Brentford paid is relevant - when a 22 year old scores 10 goals from the wing in his first season in the Championship (one more in a cup) his value will always rise.

No idea how much we've offered, if we have at all, but adding Kaikai to the deal would be good business imo. Also good for Kaikai himself, he looked okay in the friendly, but would be surprised if he made the step up to the first team for a while.
Old 15-07-2018, 11:22 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Not sure what Brentford paid is relevant - when a 22 year old scores 10 goals from the wing in his first season in the Championship (one more in a cup) his value will always rise.

No idea how much we've offered, if we have at all, but adding Kaikai to the deal would be good business imo. Also good for Kaikai himself, he looked okay in the friendly, but would be surprised if he made the step up to the first team for a while.
Quadruple value for scoring 1 in 4.. Market is mental
Old 16-07-2018, 01:13 AM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Hope so. We always perform miles better when people write us off!
Old 16-07-2018, 06:50 AM

old traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I still don't see it with him. I wouldn't say I'm writing him off and maybe he will come good but so far he's been very disappointing and I'm not sure he has the physical attributes for PL football.
There is a certain diminutive little guy who plays for Croatia and Real Madrid in midfield who is often claimed to be the best in the world, i think he would put your physical attributes theory to the test.
Old 16-07-2018, 07:03 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
There is a certain diminutive little guy who plays for Croatia and Real Madrid in midfield who is often claimed to be the best in the world, i think he would put your physical attributes theory to the test.
Silva, Joe Allen and Leon Britton are a few off the top of my head too.

Clinton Morrison.

Last edited by CharlieCPFC; 16-07-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old 16-07-2018, 07:13 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Brentford fan I know says he's a good player but not ready for the prem yet
Old 16-07-2018, 07:20 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Brentford fan I know says he's a good player but not ready for the prem yet
Not sure a Brentford fan is particularly well placed for that judgement
Old 16-07-2018, 07:31 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
I'll raise you an Iniesta to emphasise your point.
Old 16-07-2018, 07:38 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathe View Post
Are you saying there's no decent players in the lower leagues
I like the look of Tom Lawrence at Derby
Old 16-07-2018, 07:38 AM

I agree with the principal of picking up young talent in lower leagues. Rumour has it they want £16m. At that fee my principal changes. That’s a huge fee for someone completely unproven. I haven’t seen too much of him but the glimpses I have he’s looked to have a bit about him.