Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Has someone slipped some methadone in your latte?
No 6 year olds liked Genesis in 1980 too busy rocking out to AC/DC's seminal Back in Black
Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Verbosity is no indication of quality

Just a thought
And neither is taciturnity. Help this hopes.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Has someone slipped some methadone in your latte?
Sorry, should've attributed it - a passage from American Psycho where he talks about Genesis.

I did think Invisible Touch rocked though. One video had dinosaurs in it.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Lee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Maz
Old rockers should have a chip implanted in their bodies that blows off their hands once they reach the age of 35.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
Even though they are the hands they're given?
That's as good a bit of comedy as you're likely to see on here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Salut!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Micky Droy
Sorry, should've attributed it - a passage from American Psycho where he talks about Genesis.

I did think Invisible Touch rocked though. One video had dinosaurs in it.
Bugger. A patience sapping book, made even more difficult by his love of C*llins.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: The return of Genesis

Quote:
Originally posted by Chillo

Well, that's me and Gooders happy (as long as we get tickets)
Thanks for the name check Chillo, but actually I'm not all that excited.

I'm really another "anything up to and including The Lamb" fan and there's not much that they did after that that floats my boat.

I'm going to see The Musical Box do the Selling England By The Pound show at the Albert Hall in March - and if I was offered a swap for a Genesis reunion ticket, I wouldn't take it.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I Havnt a Clue !!

Mighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace acesMighty_Guru is walking down the Holmesdale Road to see the Palace aces
So there is no one actually from Genesis in it now?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Genesis reforming, that smells like recycled air on the third day of a 747 hijacking - bland but with an underlying aroma of fear, shit and desperation.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mighty_Guru
So there is no one actually from Genesis in it now?
Noah?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:14 PM

Spikey is playing for a contract
Quote:
Welcome Spikey

Cheers Dave

Can't believe I've been registered for four years and this is my second post, although the BBS has given me hours and hours of hilarity, bamboozlement and cracking entertainment in that time!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Spikey
Cheers Dave

Can't believe I've been registered for four years and this is my second post, although the BBS has given me hours and hours of hilarity, bamboozlement and cracking entertainment in that time!
Good stuff
Old 08-11-2006, 03:17 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Pidster is delighted
No he won't be when he's besieged in the street.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is the Rock hack the long blonde haired guy? You see at a lot of away matches.
I think he was married at Selhurst.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bugger. A patience sapping book, made even more difficult by his love of C*llins.
Agreed - I hated that book.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I only watched the film.

I've got the lyrics to Invisible Touch going round my head now
Old 08-11-2006, 03:24 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I thought it was excellent.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Spikey
Very very excited about this.

BTW did anybody see rock journo Dave Ling asking questions at the press conference and talking to the BBC - long blonde haired dude? He's the one who asked the question about Suppers Ready and Hackett. Anyway he's a massive Palace fan, check out his blog/diary for all things rock and Palace - daveling.co.uk

Strangely enough I was sat a couple of rows behind him at Loftus Road on Saturday.
I didn't have a clue who the bloke was on telly, but just thought to myself that he looks a lot like a Palace fan I've seen about over the years, but strangely not the last couple that I can remember.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Is the Rock hack the long blonde haired guy? You see at a lot of away matches.
I think he was married at Selhurst.
I thought he looked very familiar.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Re: Re: The return of Genesis

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
I'm going to see The Musical Box do the Selling England By The Pound show at the Albert Hall in March -
There also doing Foxtrot at Fairfield Halls as well.

SEBTP is great - saw it in Nottingham, but also looking forward to Foxtrot.

BTW, last nights press bits did refer to Peter Gabriel possibly joining them for a rerun of The Lamb, but I got the impression this would be for a later 2008? tour.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Plastered!

AJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weedAJ'sLoveMonkey is AJ vs the 'weed
Re: The return of Genesis

Quote:
Originally posted by Chillo
The return of undoubtedly the best band in the world.

Tour all set up for June and July 2007

Well, that's me and Gooders happy (as long as we get tickets)

Anybody else?
Genesis?