Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-06-2010, 05:06 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The club will never progress whilst we remain at Selhurst. Say YES to the Purley Way stadium, it will secure the clubs future for the next hundred years.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:11 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
We are palace we are palace super palace FROM SELHURST

Stay and renovate.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Palace Addict

trufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Relocation to a purpose-built stadium would appear to be the favoured option.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:24 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Relocation is the only serious option - the costs of redevelopment will require extensive borrowing - at least selling Selhurst gives an income to use for the new stadium
Old 17-06-2010, 05:38 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Stay where we are.A lick of paint should do it.It may be a shithole in places but it is our shithole.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 17-06-2010, 05:38 PM

rajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a moment
Hi all,

Just back from the press conference. Just thought I'd expand on what was said by Steve Parish on the stadium. It's not verbatum and I was too busy tweeting to take notes, so apologies to the consortium if I've mis-quoted you at any point!

What SP was saying, when asked about refurbishments to the main stand, was somewhere along the lines of the poor standard of the ground for fans, compared to others grounds.

What he went on to say was in an ideal world we would move to a new purpose-built stadium.

However, he went on to say that the fans experience must be improved, and that means that the stadium needs improving, and that the club will be looking at ways of doing this, and speaking with stakeholders, including the Council, Mayor of London etc.

So in effect, I think the consortium aren't going to do nothing with the main stand on the basis of a "dream" of relocating somewhere.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:41 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Spruce it up baby and make Selhurst sexy again
Old 17-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle
I don't mind if we move somewhere within reasonable distance - the National Sports Centre, Croydon, M25 locality ect. I support the club not the ground.
I support the club and the surrounding area is part of the club imo.

I live in Crawley so a move to the M25/M23 area would be ideal for me, but I can tell you that I more than likely would stop going. It would no longer be the Palace I grew up to love.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick
We are palace we are palace super palace FROM SELHURST

Stay and renovate.
This.

If we had to move, then it would be back to Crystal Palace or the very very local area for me.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
The club will never progress whilst we remain at Selhurst. Say YES to the Purley Way stadium, it will secure the clubs future for the next hundred years.
The traffic around there is mental without foorball. On a matchday that would be fcuked.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:45 PM

nickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcroydon
Hi all,

Just back from the press conference. Just thought I'd expand on what was said by Steve Parish on the stadium. It's not verbatum and I was too busy tweeting to take notes, so apologies to the consortium if I've mis-quoted you at any point!

What SP was saying, when asked about refurbishments to the main stand, was somewhere along the lines of the poor standard of the ground for fans, compared to others grounds.

What he went on to say was in an ideal world we would move to a new purpose-built stadium.

However, he went on to say that the fans experience must be improved, and that means that the stadium needs improving, and that the club will be looking at ways of doing this, and speaking with stakeholders, including the Council, Mayor of London etc.

So in effect, I think the consortium aren't going to do nothing with the main stand on the basis of a "dream" of relocating somewhere.
Cheers Raj, music to my ears!
Old 17-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Selhurst or Crystal Palace are the only options.

Anything else would be the theft of my club. Am saddened that anyone could support an option out by the M25
Old 17-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks again Raj.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:55 PM
dodgy keeper

cpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I really want to stay at Selhurst. It's a hellhole, but it's ours' hellhole
Old 17-06-2010, 06:06 PM

rajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a momentrajcroydon has seen places, faces and smiled for a moment
From my days on Croydon Council, I know that it's going to be really difficult to move anywhere sensible.

The residents of Crystal Palace Triangle managed to stop a multi-plex cinema being developed at the National Sports Centre - I really can't see us moving there!

The only other place, would be Purley Way (near Croydon Airport). But this too would pose problems, unless it was on brownfield land.

But I'm a palace fan and want the new consortium to do well and not burn their (and our) money, so am happy to here what they have to say, whether it's about relocation or renovation.

Generally with sports builds, it's more cost effective in the long run to have a complete new build, but I also know that the most viable option is to rebuild the Main Stand and the Arthur Waite Stand.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
I do like this picture ...

Old 17-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
From my days on Croydon Council, I know that it's going to be really difficult to move anywhere sensible.

The residents of Crystal Palace Triangle managed to stop a multi-plex cinema being developed at the National Sports Centre - I really can't see us moving there!
I'm surprised this has never been discussed on here before....?

Despite the NIMBYs I still think this is a possibility because the athletics stadium is just a crumbling white elephant that cant go on indefinitely in its state. Also, a cinema is 7 days a week chaos as we are once every other week.

If the idea was sold to the NIMBYS/Boris etc that it was an "Eco-friendly" idea as well as a multi-purpose stadium then it could work. By this I mean we would actively encourage fans to travel by train including discounts for producing train tickets etc. Also, us fans would have to take responsibility for our actions regarding respect for the area especially regarding parking.

However, I'd still prefer just building a new main stand and take it from there.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What I don't understand is that a new stadium would cost say 100m (I'm basing that on the money its costing to builds The Weed's new residence.
I don't understand where all this money is suddenly (possibly) coming from?
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 17-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Fever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
[QUOTE=rajcroydon]

The only other place, would be Purley Way (near Croydon Airport). But this too would pose problems, unless it was on brownfield land.

QUOTE]

The proposal was from the ground to be built on the sutton side of Purley Way, ie beyond Roundshaw house estate.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:27 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
If we have to move then make it to the NSC. At least then all the thick northern bastards that claim our ground is difficult to find will have no excuse for getting lost with CPFC @ Crystal Palace station