Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-06-2010, 06:30 PM

TheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheArtfulDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by celery stick
I do like this picture ...

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Crystal Palace,
In Norwood's grey & concrete Land

Stay at Selhurst, no questions.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
What I don't understand is that a new stadium would cost say £100m (I'm basing that on the money its costing to builds The Weed's new residence.
I don't understand where all this money is suddenly (possibly) coming from?
Sell Selhurst park off brick by brick and build a load of house to sell?

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 17-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Faster.

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't imagine us anywhere but Selhurst.

Sure, the Main Stand is falling down around our ears. Sure, some bastard supermarket is taking up a bit of space. Heck, even our lovely Holmesdale, with its echo and purpose built swimming pool, probably isn't a patch on the usual Johnny Identikit stand.

But frankly, who gives a toss. It's ours. It's actually bloody ours again. I love the place, it holds so many happy memories (as well as the slightly less fond ones), but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I sincerely hope that CPFC2010 can find a way to satisfy the surrounding community and allow us to stay exactly where we are, in a stadium that we can be proud of.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimos_uk
Can't imagine us anywhere but Selhurst.

Sure, the Main Stand is falling down around our ears. Sure, some bastard supermarket is taking up a bit of space. Heck, even our lovely Holmesdale, with its echo and purpose built swimming pool, probably isn't a patch on the usual Johnny Identikit stand.

But frankly, who gives a toss. It's ours. It's actually bloody ours again. I love the place, it holds so many happy memories (as well as the slightly less fond ones), but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I sincerely hope that CPFC2010 can find a way to satisfy the surrounding community and allow us to stay exactly where we are, in a stadium that we can be proud of.
I LOVE SELHURST PARK
Old 17-06-2010, 07:40 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Theoretically the only tangible asset a football club possesses is it ground. Why does the tangible ground asset HAVE to be a stadium?

Maybe I'm just a thick Yank, but doesn't it make more sense to own a state of the art training ground(s) that the team (and the reserves and the academy) will extensively use every day and rent the game day stadium?

If the NSC holds 15,000 (which is what a Palace in the Championship usually aims to draw) but can be expanded up to 24000 with temporary seating (which is theoretically what you can hope to draw in the EPL), why not:

1 - ink a long term lease deal with the NSC
2 - Sell Selhurst and use the funds to purchase / build a new excellent training ground.

You still possess a tangible asset, its just that you are swapping one that you use only once a week for one that you use every day.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:51 PM
TV size DOES matter !!

Location: US Outpost #31, Station 4 of the United States Antarctic Research Institute
Always an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou
Maybe I'm just a thick Yank, but doesn't it make more sense to own a state of the art training ground(s) that the team (and the reserves and the academy) will extensively use every day and rent the game day stadium?.
Its an English thing, every mans home is there castle & that extends to our football grounds as well.

And when it comes to football, we don't do logic or sensible, we do PASSION !
Old 17-06-2010, 08:02 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
i know its a few miles away, but i would love Purley Way playing fields to be used for something like a new stadium........loads of room.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:07 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What I don't understand is that a new stadium would cost say £100m (I'm basing that on the money its costing to builds The Weed's new residence.
Well pressumably they'd sell Selhurst to housing developers if we were going to relocate?
Old 17-06-2010, 08:07 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lemme tell ya something. If Palace move to Purley Way, there'll be no need for the usual 'where's everyone meeting before the match' type threads, because the answer will be 'The Gypsy Moth'

Realise.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 17-06-2010, 08:11 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Theoretically the only tangible asset a football club possesses is it ground. Why does the tangible ground asset HAVE to be a stadium?

Maybe I'm just a thick Yank, but doesn't it make more sense to own a state of the art training ground(s) that the team (and the reserves and the academy) will extensively use every day and rent the game day stadium?

If the NSC holds 15,000 (which is what a Palace in the Championship usually aims to draw) but can be expanded up to 24000 with temporary seating (which is theoretically what you can hope to draw in the EPL), why not:

2 - Sell Selhurst and use the funds to purchase / build a new excellent training ground.

You still possess a tangible asset, its just that you are swapping one that you use only once a week for one that you use every day.
If you don't own your stadium, your main source of income (ticket money) goes on paying the rent. You then have no money to spend, but buy loads of players you can't afford, on high wages you have no money to pay. You then take a loan out from a hedge fund to cover the debts, but you have no income to pay them back and subsequently put you into administration.

I agree with the rest of what you said though

Last edited by Palace Bear; 17-06-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:14 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Renovation is not possible in the closed season is it?

It is something that needs to be done whilst in our current division, when we are not operating at full occupancy and at a price that does not undermine the capacity to fill the ground, when we are successful on the field.

So at the end of the day, it is almost like an up and a down and spend the cash on our ground -

How would supporters feel if we got promoted and the management said we are going to spend 80% of the new revenue stream on improving facilities for the fans rather than on players to try and stay in the top flight?

Personally, I would be pleased.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:18 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:

What's wrong with our training ground at the moment?
Old 17-06-2010, 08:28 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

But you cant make any money out of the training ground its just a cost, a better stadium gives better revenues on match days and if you get it right non match days.

Playing at the NSC as it stands would cost 100's of thousands in lost revenue, exec boxes , banqueting suites etc.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:32 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
We could build it on one of Ron's golf courses. They were created from Palace money. Plenty of parking space, and extra revenue in a smart 9 hole course on the side.

The clubhouse would make a great supporters bar as well.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:33 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
if not Selhurst then let's hope it's a ground with much better transport links than our current one - at least 5 train stations and 20 bus routes, plus a tram route or two and heliport.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:34 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betrayLord Flange is like ice, their footing does betray
CPFC2010:

What's the next step in the process of assessing how viable redeveloping Selhurst is? Any meetings penned in with planners, architects etc etc?
Old 17-06-2010, 08:36 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

stadiums can be built for lot less than that depends what you want, Brighton are spending huge money (94m reportedly) on their stadium mainly even though its only 23K or so seats . This is to drive non match day revenue , concerts , events , conferences etc etc . I hate to say it but apparently it's an incredible facility. Readings cost half that for more seats , depends what you build and where you see the other revenues coming from
Old 17-06-2010, 08:36 PM

nickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
But you cant make any money out of the training ground its just a cost, a better stadium gives better revenues on match days and if you get it right non match days.

Playing at the NSC as it stands would cost 100's of thousands in lost revenue, exec boxes , banqueting suites etc.
Hi Steve, Martin or Stephen,

Do you agree with Raj's interpretation of Steve's comments today?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcroydon
Hi all,

Just back from the press conference. Just thought I'd expand on what was said by Steve Parish on the stadium. It's not verbatum and I was too busy tweeting to take notes, so apologies to the consortium if I've mis-quoted you at any point!

What SP was saying, when asked about refurbishments to the main stand, was somewhere along the lines of the poor standard of the ground for fans, compared to others grounds.

What he went on to say was in an ideal world we would move to a new purpose-built stadium.

However, he went on to say that the fans experience must be improved, and that means that the stadium needs improving, and that the club will be looking at ways of doing this, and speaking with stakeholders, including the Council, Mayor of London etc.

So in effect, I think the consortium aren't going to do nothing with the main stand on the basis of a "dream" of relocating somewhere.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:37 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010

Please if possible keep us at SP cheers, imo capacity is bout right so its a case of redeveloping the main stand when finances allow
Old 17-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My two choices:

1. Buy back the land owned by Sainsburys and flip the ground sideways building a complete new stadium on the same site

or

2. Rebuild the Crystal Palace with a football ground inside it.