Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-10-2017, 11:48 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
I rate Benteke and have defended him many times on here, however this season he HAS been poor. I get this is down to a big lack of confidence at the moment but If Zaha and Townsend carry on working up top Benteke has no right to walk back into the side.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:51 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Lesser teams will park the bus against them and kick them to bits. We wont win a ball in the air against more old style centre backs.
This is where Hodgson will need to be smart. Playing against Chelsea suited Zaha and Townsend because we defended and then counter attacked with pace. There's no way Zaha and Townsend will cope with big centre halves like they have a Newcastle/Burnley/Huddersfield/Stoke etc if they sit deep against us.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Jordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Benteke is one of those players who blows hot n cold but when hes hot he bangs the goals in. Its usually when the team plays well Benteke plays well.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:13 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
I rate Benteke and have defended him many times on here, however this season he HAS been poor. I get this is down to a big lack of confidence at the moment but If Zaha and Townsend carry on working up top Benteke has no right to walk back into the side.
With Wilf and Townsend firing on all cylinders I'd say it was the perfect time for Benteke to come back in.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Benteke is one of those players who blows hot n cold but when hes hot he bangs the goals in. Its usually when the team plays well Benteke plays well.
Agree. A confidence player who needs a couple of goals behind him.

Also, has to stop the shouting and moaning and up his work rate if below is gonna work.

---------------------benteke----------------
----Townsend----------------------zaha----
-----------------loftus-cheek---------------
------------cabaye----------Luka-----------
-----------------BACK FIVE---------------
Old 16-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love Benteke. I think he's a class act and were lucky to have him.
Every striker goes through a barren spell and given the upheavals this season it's no surprise.
Zaha and Townsend and Benteke....they will fear us soon enough
Old 18-11-2017, 10:58 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
zaha banging them in for fun.
Old 19-11-2017, 04:07 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I don't mind Wilf up front as he can play well anywhere. I'd prefer him just to the left in a front three but he's doing my very well up front in a two.

But we can't have Townsend up front - it's completely ineffective in that position. I like him and think he's playing well but when it comes to the crucial moment his end product is woeful. He never scores or really creates but he's brilliant on the wing and is a good player. But you can see why he doesn't play for a better team as he cant finish. He really needs to shoot more - so many times yesterday he could have gone for it.
Old 19-11-2017, 09:01 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I don't mind Wilf up front as he can play well anywhere. I'd prefer him just to the left in a front three but he's doing my very well up front in a two.

But we can't have Townsend up front - it's completely ineffective in that position. I like him and think he's playing well but when it comes to the crucial moment his end product is woeful. He never scores or really creates but he's brilliant on the wing and is a good player. But you can see why he doesn't play for a better team as he cant finish. He really needs to shoot more - so many times yesterday he could have gone for it.
That's the point though: If we are going to play Benteke, and we should, who would you want partnering him? Wilf Zaha who has scored 3 in 5 since his return, or Townsend, who hasn't scored all season?

Hodgson went for Townsend, and shunted Wilf out wide
Old 19-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I love Benteke. I think he's a class act and were lucky to have him.
Every striker goes through a barren spell and given the upheavals this season it's no surprise.
Zaha and Townsend and Benteke....they will fear us soon enough
His scuffed effort in the second half was awful and fairly indicative of his performances this season, I do however think things will click for him when he does eventually score.