Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Went to the 100th anniversary celebration of the RAF at the space and science museum in Virginia a few weeks ago. Some guy who was a pilot of the Lancaster bombers gave a quick talk. Said he used to play for Dulwich Hamlet. Spitfires were supposed to be there but only one Bomber made it and it could only taxi around because of the low cloud cover

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 17-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Excellent viewing at the flicks tonight. Glad the dog kept it’s name.

Digitally remastered etc DVD out 4/6/18, includes stuff about the making of the film.

The Director of the film died just 3 weeks ago in Vancouver....aged 98

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 17-05-2018, 10:32 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
My father was a first officer at the end of the war on lancasters. His job was to get the aircraft to its destination then pop to the pod at the front whilst telling the pilot left a bit right a bit for the bombs. I never knew that he was an officer until his funeral when the eulogies were read out from crew. Seems he would often prefer the company of the crew rather than the officers. One of my big regrets was not knowing and talking to him about all that stuff.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 18-05-2018, 08:51 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
it was a great night and pretty humbling.
Old 18-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Wish I had been to one of the showings.
Old 18-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Now this is something to be proud about.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
it was a great night and pretty humbling.
I would of hoped that Dan Snow & Paul Beavor would of spoken about the history more.
I went to a talk recently in Southampton from the pair of them about the spitfire factory in Woolston, very interesting and Paul Beavor is incredibly knowledgable.

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

HOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I want to the guildhall in Gloucester
Very well done
Such brave men
Didn't realise how many didn't come back
Glad to see Johnny Johnson got his Lancaster bomber flight over derwent
These guys were just youngsters when they flew
We owe them everything
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
I recommend anyone who hasn't, to visit Derwent (or the German dams if you are able) and just stand there and think about flying towards it at 60 feet about the water level in a Lancaster

You have to suspend belief because it really doesn't seem possible

Brave men, one and all