Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 19-05-2018, 08:41 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Need:

Striker: Different to what we have, preferably pacy, poacher type. Can play in a two with one of the big men

Central midfield: a defensive/box to box midfielder. Basically another Cabaye or Luka

Winger: we need another quality winger. To be able to pick 2 from 3 as wide men or all 3 if zaha upfront

Center back: probably a third choice cb. Kelly is good enough as emergency cover only. Tomkins historically injury prone, Sakho too. Third choice is likely to play quite a lot. Dann might not be the same player but if he was he’s good for third spot but we won’t know until it’s too late to replace him. Kelly isn’t good enough to play that often and we need one more anyway.

If we keep Wayne, ward, Cabaye and no sales those four would likely be a fantastic window provided the quality was enough.

If players leave

Ward: hope he stays but we’d need a right back to compete for starting place. A player like ward we can rely on

Wayne: think he’d be as good as we can get for 2nd choice so hope he signs. Failing that I suspect the quality will drop for back up and be expensive. Might be a case if careful what you wish for

Cabaye: really really hope he stays. If not we’d need to find two misfiled gems

RLC: if we get the winger ans the Cm above I think thay probably covers Ruben not being here. Like to have him back though as he provides a different way of playing and has perhaps been key in our alternative tactics that have proved successful

Best case. Keep those 3/4 and make 4 quality signings

Would be fantastic and achievable. The more of those 4 not here next season the thinner the transfer budget and likely the lesser the quality we get in
Old 19-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Probationary User

peter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My prediction:

GK
Julian Speroni
Wayne Hennessey

FB
Jeffrey Schlupp
Patrick van Aanholt
Joel Ward

CB
Jaroslaw Jach
Martin Kelly
Mamadou Sakho
James Tomkins
Scott Dann

CM
Luka Milivojević
James McArthur
Jaïro Riedewald
Yohan Cabaye
Jason Puncheon

W
Wilfried Zaha
Andros Townsend
Bakary Sako

F
Alexander Sørloth
Connor Wickham
Christian Benteke

signing
4 players in the 25 squad
Vicente Guaita
Michail Antonio
Joe Allen
Ibrahim Amadou
2 loan u21
Josh Onomah
Tammy Abraham

leaving/out on loan
Ryan Inniss
Damien Delaney
Jonny Wiliams
Jordon Mutch
Pape Souare
Diego Cavalieri
Sullay KaiKai
C.Y. Lee
Old 19-05-2018, 10:52 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds about right
Old 19-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.lane View Post
My prediction:

re the forwards. I can't see that we would loan Abrahams AND keep Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham because they all play similar roles in a similar CF like way don't they? I would have thought he would have looked for something different alongside them. It's not that I don't agree with any of the 4 particularly - I just can't see all 4 in the same 25.

I am not convinced that Punch will be here next season either but if he does get in I would see him in effect replacing Lee in terms of appearances. I would think a promotion club will probably come in for him looking to leverage his experience and he will want to go to get games.
Old 19-05-2018, 11:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
re the forwards. I can't see that we would loan Abrahams AND keep Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham because they all play similar roles in a similar CF like way don't they? I would have thought he would have looked for something different alongside them. It's not that I don't agree with any of the 4 particularly - I just can't see all 4 in the same 25.

I am not convinced that Punch will be here next season either but if he does get in I would see him in effect replacing Lee in terms of appearances. I would think a promotion club will probably come in for him looking to leverage his experience and he will want to go to get games.
Abraham is a slightly different type of striker.
Old 19-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Probationary User

peter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.lane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OR

GK
Julian Speroni
Wayne Hennessey

FB
Jeffrey Schlupp
Patrick van Aanholt
Joel Ward

CB
Jaroslaw Jach
Martin Kelly
Mamadou Sakho
James Tomkins
Scott Dann

CM
Luka Milivojević
James McArthur
Jaïro Riedewald
Yohan Cabaye
Jason Puncheon

W
Wilfried Zaha
Andros Townsend
Bakary Sako

F
Alexander Sørloth
Connor Wickham
Christian Benteke

signing
Vicente Guaita
Michail Antonio
Jack Wilshere
Ibrahim Amadou

2 loan u21
Ben Woodburn
Phil Foden

leaving/out on loan
Ryan Inniss
Damien Delaney
Jonny Wiliams
Jordon Mutch
Pape Souare
Diego Cavalieri
Sullay KaiKai
C.Y. Lee
Old 19-05-2018, 11:28 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.lane View Post
My prediction:

GK
Julian Speroni
Wayne Hennessey

FB
Jeffrey Schlupp
Patrick van Aanholt
Joel Ward

CB
Jaroslaw Jach
Martin Kelly
Mamadou Sakho
James Tomkins
Scott Dann

CM
Luka Milivojević
James McArthur
Jaïro Riedewald
Yohan Cabaye
Jason Puncheon

W
Wilfried Zaha
Andros Townsend
Bakary Sako

F
Alexander Sørloth
Connor Wickham
Christian Benteke

signing
Vicente Guaita
Michail Antonio
Joe Allen
Ibrahim Amadou
2 loan u21
Josh Onomah
Tammy Abraham

leaving/out on loan
Ryan Inniss
Damien Delaney
Jonny Wiliams
Jordon Mutch
Pape Souare
Diego Cavalieri
Sullay KaiKai
C.Y. Lee
I would be quite happy with that although I think Ward will probably leave (and need replacing).
Old 20-05-2018, 12:02 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Abraham is a slightly different type of striker.
I have seen him mostly for Swansea and the U21? England side and whenever I have seen him, although he is a very different build and possibly a bit more mobile, he has in essence been playing the bustling CF role looking to lead the line and winning the ball in the air. I.e like the other players listed vs being a player like Defoe, Mane, Kevin Phillips, etc. Maybe I have it wrong though. Have you seen him play differently..?
Old 20-05-2018, 12:35 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I have seen him mostly for Swansea and the U21? England side and whenever I have seen him, although he is a very different build and possibly a bit more mobile, he has in essence been playing the bustling CF role looking to lead the line and winning the ball in the air. I.e like the other players listed vs being a player like Defoe, Mane, Kevin Phillips, etc. Maybe I have it wrong though. Have you seen him play differently..?
Just seems like much more of a poacher type in to me than the others. saw a fair amount of highlights of Bristol city last season - my brother works for them.
Old 20-05-2018, 12:49 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
When signing come?

Incidentally when and who said this legendary illiterate question on the BBS?
Subsequent juvenile but hilarious pss taking has carried on to this day.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-05-2018, 10:09 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me this is a huge window. A striker and replacement for RLC could use all the budget so we have to be really shrewd in the market this year.
Old 22-05-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Just seems like much more of a poacher type in to me than the others. saw a fair amount of highlights of Bristol city last season - my brother works for them.
OK thx - didn't see much of him when he was there but knew he was scoring a hatful. Bit surprised he is a poacher type from what I have seen but fair dos. Thx
Old 22-05-2018, 10:40 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
GK:
Guaita
Hennessey
Speroni

RB:
Fredericks
AWB

CB:
Tomkins
Sakho
Dann
Kelly
Jach

LB:
PVA
Schlupp

CM:
Luka
Dendoncker
Cabaye
McArthur
Puncheon

WNG:
Zaha
Townsend
Shaqiri/Antonio
Sako

ST:
Sorloth
Wickham

INS: Guaita (confirmed), Fredericks, Dendoncker (provided he doesn't stand out in the WC), Shaqiri/Antonio (convinced we'll get one of them - maybe Antonio for his versatility). Don't think we'll be needing a nippy striker cos I reckon Roy will stick with the formation that ended the season.

OUT: Benteke, Souare (sell), Damo, Ward, Chungy, Cavalieri (release)

Last edited by mb23; 22-05-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 27-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Josh Onomah seems to have improved a lot in the last few months, good shout. Similar to how RLC was 15 months ago. A realistic target.
Old 27-05-2018, 11:07 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
We'll that's put the kibosh on us signing any Fulham players , shame as Tom Cairney would have been a good replacement for Cabaye ( if he leaves ) , would still like to see us go for Mitrovic but don't think we are in pole position anymore on that one , Tammy Abraham may be a possible loan signing .
Old 27-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sign Bale
Old 27-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Young keeper to develop, probably happy to sit on the bench for a season or so... Dean Henderson of Manchester United (Currently on loan at Shrewsbury), looks very very good.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:27 PM

hedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sunderland have turned down 3.75m from an unnamed London club, highly rated, could it be us?

Edit - D'oh! I forgot to put for paddy mcnair

Last edited by hedge end eagle; 01-06-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
Sunderland have turned down 3.75m from an unnamed London club, highly rated, could it be us?
What for the whole club? No thanks.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:56 PM

hedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehedge end eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Turns out the bid for mcnair was from Fulham