Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-08-2017, 03:27 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Charlton away ... the relegation game was bad. Got arrested at turnstiles and heard the whole debacle from the inside of a police van.

Gillingham away 2004 was piss-poor as was Liverpool away league cup 2001 ... the 5-0

Actually thinking about it ... too many to mention.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with Ö. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 27-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
Liverpool, 3-0 loss, 1979. The beginning of the end for "the team of the eighties". Oh, and just to rub it in, the commentator saying "Palace may be the team of the eighties - but it's still the seventies".
I was there Paul Barron, made his debut and you knew in a few mins he was going to be shite!!!
Didn't we lose 5-0 that year at Everton?
Old 27-08-2017, 08:23 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Cardiff away. Last game of 1973-74. We needed to win to avoid relegation, think they just needed to draw.
Stewart Jump scored a rare goal first half, then with twenty minutes to play, Peter Taylor who had turned our season around after we failed to win any of the first 15 games, gave the ball away in midfield and they broke and scored. That was it - we were down and to make matters worse, it pissed down all the way back from Ninian Park to the station.
Particularly sad day for me, as it was the last away game my dad ever went to.
I remember that, couldn't go because I was working as a stand in for a week on the IOW .No radio coverage,TV and obviously no internet so the only way for me to get the result was for me to phone Cardiff City from a f**ing phone box.

Jesus was I pissd off when I got through
Old 29-08-2017, 08:27 AM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bradford away.... travelled up on a Friday afternoon. Car blew up at Milton Keynes services.
Hired a car and drove to Bradford.
Just checked in and the game was called off early on Friday evening to save people travelling.
I've had better weekends.
The only positive thing is that I drove back the next day and only had to pay for one days car hire.
I've had better weekends.

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 29-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bristol City away League Cup circa 1988. Lost 4-1.

So pissed off with the performance left at half time when if I remember rightly we were already 3 down. Had put in some piss poor excuse to miss a work related do that I was meant to be hosting to go to the game which made it even worse!
Old 29-08-2017, 02:37 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle96 View Post
Bristol City away League Cup circa 1988. Lost 4-1.

So pissed off with the performance left at half time when if I remember rightly we were already 3 down. Had put in some piss poor excuse to miss a work related do that I was meant to be hosting to go to the game which made it even worse!
Bad day for us as well .We hired a minibus and met in the jolly farmers at opening ,more beers in the van and more in Bristol.Unfortunately for us the new law on alcohol while travelling to football matches had come in to force and we were stopped near the ground and promptly arrested,even the driver who hadn't touched a drop.We appeared at court a month later and got a £5 fine and bound over but with a day off work and peak time travel to Bristol plus after court beers it was quite expensive.One positive was missing the match I suppose.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 29-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
I was there Paul Barron, made his debut and you knew in a few mins he was going to be shite!!!
Didn't we lose 5-0 that year at Everton?
I think there were 2 3-0 defeats at L'Pool in a few months.

I went to the 3-0 reverse just before Xmas 79 and after that the wheels came off for the 'Team of the 80s'
Paul Barron's debut was at Anfield was the first game of the nightmare 80/81 season (luckily didn't go that one) and yes, we lost 5 zip at Goodison, a few weeks later (having been 0-0 at HT!).
Come to think of it, how bad was Barron !! Worse even, than Hennessey ?
Old 29-08-2017, 04:45 PM

wrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betraywrightchipvcfc is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post

I went to the 3-0 reverse just before Xmas 79 and after that the wheels came off for the 'Team of the 80s'
Paul Barron's debut was at Anfield was the first game of the nightmare 80/81 season (luckily didn't go that one) and yes, we lost 5 zip at Goodison, a few weeks later (having been 0-0 at HT!).
Remember him having a great game at spurs early on 0 0 draw but then seem to lose confidence and go down hill think it was a league cup game
Old 29-08-2017, 08:38 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Barron's debut was an opening day 0-3 reverse at Anfield followed by a 3-4 defeat at mome to Spurs and than a 5-2 win against Middlesbrough. That meant that he kicked off his Palace career with 9 conceded in 3 matches. To be fair, that's only 1 worse than Nigel Martyn.

The 0-5 defeat at Goodison was one of Venables' last matches. We'd lost our previous match 1-2 at home to Ipswich which, by an unhappy sense of symmetry, had condemned us to bottom place in Division 1 almost to a day after a 4-1 win against the same opponents had secured top spot for the first and (as yet) only time in our history. 3 subsequent defeats left us W:1 L:9 from 10 and Venables was gone (jumped before he was pushed).

Venables' position had been in doubt for a couple of weeks particularly in light of reports that Palace's board had been sounding out Blackburn's Howard Kendall (whatever happened to him in the mid-80s?) but in the short-term, Barron's position looked untenable after the 0-5 defeat at Everton. It was reported that he was due for the axe but kept his place and performed a valiant rearguard action at White Hart Lane to secure a replay ... which we inevitably lost and the whole shambles inevitably unravelled.

And to think we gripe about the situation now. Happy days.
Old 29-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Arsenal away the season we went down. Went 1-0 up through Coleman (I think) and we were giving it to Wright "you should've stayed at the Palace". Think Kevin Campbell & Merson scored and they were 3-1 up at half time.

Just found the whole thing really gutting. Hated it when Wright left.
Old 29-08-2017, 08:43 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:

There's been a fair few keepers worse than Hennessy
Old 29-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Palace Pessimist

Youngy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Losing 5-0 at Wigan, November 2003.
"Our flying winger might be getting all the press inches, standing ovations and linked with the biggest clubs in the land but in our scruffy No.15, we currently have the best central midfielder outside the Premier League."
Old 29-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
The only one I've seen is Flinders, who was utterly hopeless.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I've already said Barron, but struggling to think of many others.

David Fry, Steve Mautone (99/00 season) ? But they hardly played.
Flinders was terrible, as previously mentioned.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:09 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I've already said Barron, but struggling to think of many others.

David Fry, Steve Mautone (99/00 season) ? But they hardly played.
Flinders was terrible, as previously mentioned.
George Wood was not the best.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC247 View Post
George Wood was not the best.
I did think about naming him, but we signed him on a free, I think, when he was coming towards the end of his career. But Perry Suckling was certainly an improvement on him, until that fateful night at Anfield !
Old 30-08-2017, 07:06 AM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I did think about naming him, but we signed him on a free, I think, when he was coming towards the end of his career. But Perry Suckling was certainly an improvement on him, until that fateful night at Anfield !
When Perry started playing it was like having 2 goalkeepers in goal compared to none. We also started winning a lot more!

Back on subject, worse away game for me was the 1-0 defeat to Gazza's Newcastle in the fa cup. Long trip home to consider a wonder goal late on that denied us a replay which we deserved.
Old 30-08-2017, 07:22 AM

stayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I knew George wood and used to travel back from the games with him. he did make a few howlers, I remember one particular one at Leicester when he done a dodgy pass out. but the one at Newcastle with Gascoigne, he told me he laughed at the time when he saw that gazza was lining up to shoot from the free kick...haha the rest was history
Old 30-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Chesterfield in the mid 70's , chatted up a bird in the pub before the match got half pissed and ended up missing the game and the train home . Thought I was on a result and ended up without scoring , much like Palace if I recall , a complete waste of a weekend
Old 30-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
A few come to mind... Basically any match in Bristol.... but the worst for me has to be Burnley away in 2006 just for pure boredom.

Literally nothing happened in the game. Marco Reich and Jon Macken just strolled around the pitch looking disinterested and it finished 0-0. From memory it was a dead rubber and there was zero atmosphere in either end.

I remember sitting in my seat thinking 'What the hell am I doing here?'.

It's not as if there were loads of good pubs nearby either. Think we had a pint in the cricket club then got out as soon as we could. Absolute shithole.