Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-07-2017, 10:04 AM

pants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnpants lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Huddersfield circa 1999....... Lost 7-1. Remember a group of young lads effing and blinding as we walked away from the ground and Maidstoned Eagle shouting... 'Oi you lot , mind your f**king language there are young kids about' ��
Old 29-07-2017, 10:07 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Millwall 3-0 was depressing, hearing that poxy song from that pisshead of let em come with Puncheon scoring that hattrick was shit. Particularly when Burley could've signed him the summer before.

Liverpool 5-0 in the cup remember it as a kid all the scouse slags above giving it.

Arsenal 5-1 away in 2004, the highlight had to be some bloke in front biting into his hotdog spitting it out saying how shit it was to then launching at some Arsenal bonce with the ketchup and mustard all down his swede.

I always remember Preston and Gillingham both being grim aways.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 29-07-2017, 10:08 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Brighton 3 nil Boxing Day 1979 was pretty dire
I went to that with my Dad, I was 9, we were unaware of the level of rivalry, living in Holland. All I remember is skinheads having their laces taken out of their boots, fights breaking out all over the place and being hit on the nose with a coin.

Oh and for some reason both me and my Dad distinctly remember them playing 'tide is high' my Blondie. Every time I hear that song I am transported back to the ******* Goldstone ground.
Old 29-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Recent years Southampton away before the FA Cup Final. No one really playing to be in the final and made me realise just how much Pardew was losing the team.
Old 29-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
0-1 away Cambridge about 1982
0-3 Arse 1993
Old 29-07-2017, 10:35 AM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There are far too many to choose from performance wise. Burley era aways been mentioned a lot and I agree with them all. Villa away under Pardew was truly shit. I've only been doing aways since 2009-10 season so can only go on that experience but even in that time there have been some truly shocking away performances.
Old 29-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Bury 0 Palace 0 in the late 90s.
Our stats must have been 1 shot off target (Morrison) and that was that.

Notable mentions to Hartlepool in the cup. Freezing, arrived late, late comedy dive & penalty to get knocked out. And numerous humblings at Millwall. Etienne Verveer, Puncheon etc.
Old 29-07-2017, 12:40 PM

Beneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeneaglee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Losing 3-0 to Millwall under Burley will take some beating.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Losing 1-0 at QPR in the FA Cup 6th round early 80s when Clive Allen scored at the end.Never seen our fans so angry and upset.A riot ensued and even old favourite John Burridge got assaulted.Only time at football that I felt like punching someone.....
Old 29-07-2017, 01:19 PM

ballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty airballboy1975 is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Losing 1-0 at QPR in the FA Cup 6th round early 80s when Clive Allen scored at the end.Never seen our fans so angry and upset.A riot ensued and even old favourite John Burridge got assaulted.Only time at football that I felt like punching someone.....
Old 29-07-2017, 01:24 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Luton Town 2005/06. Our players simply couldn't be bothered.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
January 1993. FA Cup v Hartlepool. Snow around, match was in doubt iirc. Around 20 degrees below freezing. Spent a whole week there that afternoon in that god-forsaken sh*thole. Lost 1-0 to a dubious goal right at the end.

Beat losing to Leicester (away, again!) to an extremely dubious penalty the previous year. My memory fails again, but I believe Eric Young was sent off too. Maybe it was my masochistic tendencies as a Palace supporter that made me listen to Danny Baker gloating and rubbing it in on the radio all the way home when it had been proved not to be a penalty at all.

gazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegazzagoalie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Villa the season they went down. Tuesday night in January, cold, wet, they hadn't won for months. We were diabolical, and to top it off, Hennessey....
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Or Good Friday "away" to Wimbledon.....4 -1 or 4 0 ....tried to erase from mind
Was that the Carl Leaburn Hat Trick game? Appalling performance. The young french CB was destroyed that night. Ishmael wasn't it.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Losing 3-0 to Forest at the tail end of 2010.

It was a pathetic performance but that was only the start of it. The journey home to Crawley took about 9 hours due to the absolutely mental snow. The weirdest part was that for the first hour down the M1, it was fine. Then we hit the traffic and it was gridlock until the M25. Awful stuff.

Honourable mentions to Brighton 3-0 in 2013 and Millwall 3-0, a few weeks after the Forest match I have mentioned above. Burley really was a crap manager for us.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Recent years Southampton away before the FA Cup Final. No one really playing to be in the final and made me realise just how much Pardew was losing the team.
Because it was a bit of a nothing game, I didn't care. But you are right - it was a very poor 'performance'.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Was that the Carl Leaburn Hat Trick game? Appalling performance. The young french CB was destroyed that night. Ishmael wasn't it.
That's the game!
Old 29-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzagoalie View Post
Villa the season they went down. Tuesday night in January, cold, wet, they hadn't won for months. We were diabolical, and to top it off, Hennessey....
Old safe hands at it again.

Old 29-07-2017, 02:02 PM

JohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fineJohnD is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Yep as mentioned before 1-1 away to Cardiff in the 70's. Rained all day and it was mid week. This meant we were relegated
Old 29-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Paulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses growPaulinmorden knows where the wild roses grow
Huddersfield early 80's in the old Div 2 on a Tues or Weds night in I think February. Can't remember the score but i know we lost because we always lost away for about 4 seasons in a row. Got train back to Sheffield where we got abuse from the locals because Millwall had played there the same evening and they thought we were their fans, it involved a very hasty exit from a chip shop. Got the mail train home. Thought we did well getting one of the old single 6 seat carriages between the two of us. Absolutely freezing, no heating at all. Everytime we just about got to sleep train would stop and we were woken by the noise of the staffing shifting the mail bags around. Eventually after over 5 hours of this gave up and went to the next open carriage and found it was only our carriage that was freezing. Get home shower and straight to work with no sleep.