Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-07-2018, 05:48 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Qatar world cup 2022 will be in winter

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-07-2018, 11:56 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
idiot idea.

will wreck havoc on PL fixtures. Can't see PL suspending play for 6 weeks for the tourney. So squads with lots of players who go deep may have to play some matches short-handed.
Old 14-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I wouldn't put money on that.

I can easily see the PL starting the season progressively earlier in the 2019/20, 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. By this point you are looking at the league starting in July and going up to Novemeber (4 months with 18 weekends) season resumes in January and runs until mid May (another 4 and a half months with 19 weekends) it could be feasible will be an absolute ****** for players in the WC but FIFA can argue essentially there is an extra month break as the season is starting one month earlier and the tournament is 2 months with no tournament in the summer they still have more time - not sure it really works like that but still...

It will need an agreement RE other international fixtures as there really wouldn't be any room for friendliest etc. The biggest hurdle would be cup competitions, European clubs would have to suck it but wouldn't be surprised to see the domestic competitons potentially suspended for a year - or at least the League cup with FA Cup spread further across the season. Would be a nightmare mind you and would not want to be the one trying to organise it!

Al in all its a massive cluster**** and whoever decided on Qatar needs to be shot.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 14-07-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:26 PM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
here is what I see happening.

- 4 week break. (1 week before and through round of 16). This would mean 3 matchdays need to be moved.

Here is what I would expect

- 1 additional Wednesday fixture after christmas
- remove an international break week after christmas
- 4th League cup moved up a few weeks and semifinals moved to one leg
- season starts 1 week early

Compressing the season further is not an option since standard Premier contract dictates minimum period of continous holiday. PFA would need to approve and I doubt they would.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:31 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should boycott it, unfairly awarded to them.

Whole thing stinks
Old 15-07-2018, 02:19 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Draw is made on December 2nd,qualifying starts the following March.
Old 15-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Winter is the only option. You can't have a World Cup when it is 120f degrees outside of the stadium. 10,000 Icelandics would die.
Old 15-07-2018, 02:38 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
This has been known for at least 3 years
Old 15-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
And the new winter break will have started.
Old 15-07-2018, 05:22 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should be boycotted due to the death of migrant workers who are building the stadiums in horrific conditions. I think sport should be apolitical but in this instance going to the World Cup in Qatar gives tacit approval to the death of the workers as clear and direct collateral.

It could have been better.
Old 15-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I thought we had been floated this idea ages ago, to soften up people?
Old 15-07-2018, 08:11 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crazy. Just take it off them and give it to the UK. The country could hold a World Cup tomorrow.
Old 15-07-2018, 08:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
According to the Spanish press they are urgently reviewing whether to bring the number of teams up to 48 at this tournament rather than wait until 2026.
Old 15-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Keep calm and follow Roy

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Winter is the only option. You can't have a World Cup when it is 120f degrees outside of the stadium. 10,000 Icelandics would die.
You can have it the Summer if they have Air conditioned stadiums which is how their bid was presented and won originally

Once the air conditioned stadiums were then ruled too expensive (as if Fifa didnít know that already) that surely voided their bid as the first rule of a World Cup is itís a Summer tournament. They havenít adhered to the bid criteria ffs

Fifa delegates took money for votes on this, itís so bloody obvious but no one seems to be interested. Unless further hands have now been greased
Old 15-07-2018, 10:30 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
Should be boycotted due to the death of migrant workers who are building the stadiums in horrific conditions. I think sport should be apolitical but in this instance going to the World Cup in Qatar gives tacit approval to the death of the workers as clear and direct collateral.
I have no problem with it being in winter.I have a problem with what's described above.^
Old 15-07-2018, 11:11 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
FIFA's major sponsors:
  • Adidas - Germany
  • Coca-Cola - US
  • Gazprom - Russia
  • Hyundai/Kia Motors - Korea
  • Visa - US
  • Wanda Group - China
  • Qatar Airways - Qatar

I think you would not do yourself much harm dropping a few quid on China to host 2030.
Russia got this tournament and Qatar the next because their businesses are major FIFA sponsors. US (et al) gets 2026 and China will get the one after that.

FIFA are (and have always been) for sale.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 16-07-2018, 05:39 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
And if you don't go, their death would have been for nothing. It's a tough call.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:53 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
According to the Spanish press they are urgently reviewing whether to bring the number of teams up to 48 at this tournament rather than wait until 2026.
Scotland still won't qualify.

32 teams is the right number for lots of reasons. It's the allocation of teams from different parts of the world that is wrong.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 16-07-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Scotland still won't qualify.

32 teams is the right number for lots of reasons. It's the allocation of teams from different parts of the world that is wrong.
Agreed but who do you really eliminate. Maybe add one to South american and Europe and take 1 away from Africa and CONCACAF.

But reducing some regions would take away from global interest.

If anything, I would consider going back to 24 (or even 28). Make qualifying more important.