Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:44 PM

Uswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Work colleagues grandson plays/played for U/15ís and he raves about being coached by jack last season or one before. Iíll ask her tomorrow.
Ps wonít give name out as club donít print players names in games at that age which is understandable.
Thanks for reply,I too have a friend whose son plays for the U14 and has been at Palace for 3 years,obviously like you I would not give name but was interested in Mattís opinion of the younger age groups strength at Palace.

Itís a shame when we lose outstanding coaches but lifeís like that if Man Utd or Chelsea come calling I think most would want to improve there job and no doubt salary etc,I would be more concerned if we lost our coaches to say Championship sides as an example.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:49 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Was Smith Rowe ever at Palace? Wikipedia says he was at Arsenal since 10 but I know they move around.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
No but he did play for Junior Elite where AWB (and several others) started out, in New Addington

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
18s lost 4-1 at home to Millwall. 16s won 4-2. Kevin Gonzalez scored two

Last edited by Woosie; 06-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Guardian's Next Generation 2018 is out. I picked Jude Russell for Palace.

Next Generation 2018: 20 of the best talents at Premier League clubs

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 10-10-2018, 11:35 AM

Uswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUswortheagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
An update that was shared with me today on Palace's "purchase" of Goals.

This is 2nd hand info but the source is usually a reliable one.

Saying that, I cannot be 100% sure this is correct but since when has accuracy been a requirement for sharing info on the BBS!

Palace have concluded / are close to concluding a deal to purchase all of the outside grass pitch area. Price £3m to £4m.

Palace would also like to buy the buildings and astro pitch areas that are currently leased to Goals (i.e. bar area, changing rooms, etc) but this is complicated by Goals still having another 6 or 7 years left on their lease.

Palace are NOT currently looking to buy the space occupied by Beckenham Gym and Gambardo's.
Did they conclude the purchase of the Pitches etc
Old 10-10-2018, 11:50 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Parish said in his FYP interview that the club are close to being able to make an announcement about the Academy. I assume that the purchase of all or part of the Goals site in Copers Cope Rd is what he was referring to.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
That wouldnt, just common sense that an article that hasnt been published yet would obviously be withheld, therefore, I didnt see that interpretation with the word embargo, so I thought you were suggesting the club were embargoed from signing youth players.

I was wrong, sorry if there was any offense. I still think my point stays though that hyping a Ďnegativeí story may create some to panic on here (not you!)
didn't appear to and it was hardly "hyped".

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 18-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Darren Powell is U15 manager and is also currently U23 assistant manager.

Interviewed him at a Foundation event this evening. Some really interesting stuff he said. Will be in the South London Press soon

Old 18-10-2018, 10:45 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Great article on Palace's academy stars from Football London.

Old 19-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Kentish Eagle

winners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Great article on Palace's academy stars from Football London.

They all sound quite exciting, but I guess if 1, maybe 2 of these make it as a squad player for the first team, then that constitutes a successful batch.
Old 19-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Darren Powell is U15 manager and is also currently U23 assistant manager.

Interviewed him at a Foundation event this evening. Some really interesting stuff he said. Will be in the South London Press soon
Good stuff, had a good chat with him at a POTY do, lovely fella.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 19-10-2018, 01:44 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Good stuff, had a good chat with him at a POTY do, lovely fella.
I had a good chat with him at Sunderland (well technically we just gazed into each others eyes)
Old 19-10-2018, 01:56 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A further update on the "purchase" of Goals which I heard earlier today.

Gambardo's (the childrens soft play area which is located in what used to be the Sports Hall area when it was the Natwest Bank Sports Ground) has 2 years left on their lease.

The Natwest Bowls club also has some time left before they can be kicked out (I know that when Mike Corby purchased the ground from Natwest there was a clause in the deal which allowed the Natwest sports teams to carry on playing at the ground for a number of years - not sure when this right to use the facilities expires).

Palace do want to buy the whole place, but in order to minimise any compensation they would have to pay or be stuck with sitting tenants, they have just signed a lease to carry on using the pitches etc for a further 2 years (on same basis as they currently do).

At the end of the 2 years Palace will most likely buy the whole place. At this time, Gambardos and also I guess the Bowls club can be kicked out without the need to pay any comp. Goals would still have a bit of time left on their lease so Palace would have the choice of letting them remain until end of lease or doing a deal for them to depart early.

Was told this today so comes with the usual caveat of being 2nd hand info.

It could be that the latest lease deal just signed includes an option to purchase the whole site at end of it!
Old 19-10-2018, 01:57 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Goals is by Elmers End not Copers Cope

Is this going to be a 2 centre academy?
Old 19-10-2018, 02:15 PM

There are Goals sites at both Elmers End and in Copers Cope Rd.
Old 19-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Palace U18s away at Ipswich on Sat for any of you who live in that area. Midday KO I think at their main training ground.
Old 19-10-2018, 09:32 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
A further update on the "purchase" of Goals which I heard earlier today.

Gambardo's (the childrens soft play area which is located in what used to be the Sports Hall area when it was the Natwest Bank Sports Ground) has 2 years left on their lease.

The Natwest Bowls club also has some time left before they can be kicked out (I know that when Mike Corby purchased the ground from Natwest there was a clause in the deal which allowed the Natwest sports teams to carry on playing at the ground for a number of years - not sure when this right to use the facilities expires).

Palace do want to buy the whole place, but in order to minimise any compensation they would have to pay or be stuck with sitting tenants, they have just signed a lease to carry on using the pitches etc for a further 2 years (on same basis as they currently do).

At the end of the 2 years Palace will most likely buy the whole place. At this time, Gambardos and also I guess the Bowls club can be kicked out without the need to pay any comp. Goals would still have a bit of time left on their lease so Palace would have the choice of letting them remain until end of lease or doing a deal for them to depart early.

Was told this today so comes with the usual caveat of being 2nd hand info.

It could be that the latest lease deal just signed includes an option to purchase the whole site at end of it!
Makes no sense to be honest. If the club are not buying the freehold right now. It might end up costing more in two years plus a bunch of money on the new lease. Right now the club can't negotiate for shit with goals, the gym or Gambardos. What's to stop Corby carving up the site that already has leasees and selling it as parcels. My understanding was that he was desperate to flog it as he can't build housing on it. If we dilly dally around then we possibly open ourselves up to getting taken advantage of.

Not being funny but the accounts state £12M has been put aside for the last season and a half to enable the academies long term future to be secured. It would be typical penny pinching Palace behaviour to do this then end up with no academy training facilities in two years.

Getting the freehold for at least the grassed areas has to be beyond critical. In the past, the ground was leased, the training ground was leased and the whole thing was a shit show for decades, have they not learnt anything?

Although this is the club that every season decides one player in a position or none at all is a sensible move in the window. Then has to justify why we are total shit for half a season EVERY YEAR.

I really hope someone has the wrong end of the stick and has garbled this information. However I fear based on past club decisions that this does have the stench of a standard Palace deal about it.

Burnley, Fulham, Bournemouth, Leicester all seem to have managed to buy land and get planning permission and are at various stages of progression on building new facilities. Even Huddersfield have gone and bought land and are seeking planning permission. The way we are going right now we might go down this season without having managed to sort out the academy, the training ground AND the stadium. Then we will have genuinely wasted the six years in the prem.

If the club is the freeholder they at least have the freehold and the leasehold agreements and can negotiate with the council and leasees from a position of strength. Besides which I thought the club weren't interested in kicking the gym or gambardos out anyway?

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 19-10-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 19-10-2018, 11:52 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Without making light of the situation, it looks like this is going the way of the new stand at SP.

It will be interesting to see which (if either) comes to fruition first.
Old 20-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Without making light of the situation, it looks like this is going the way of the new stand at SP.

It will be interesting to see which (if either) comes to fruition first.
Sadly yes, 5 years and 500m on and really nothing to show for it.