Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:55 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Hennessey
Tomkins - Kouyate - Sakho
AWB - McArthur - Luka - Meyer - PVA
Townsend - Benteke
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
If we donít beat shittersfield Iím ****ikg this off completely. We wonít though will we? We never beat teams we are supposed to beat. Theyíll have 60% ******* possession or some ******* nonsense. Jesus, I havenít been this disillusioned for quite some time. Iím so angry be cause we should be doing so much better. I canít ******* calm down
Remember they beat us 3-0 last season so I shouldn't expect too much. Mind you we did beat them at their place. They got a good point at Everton today though.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think that we have to recognise that Roy will change nothing unless he has too. So barring injury the same side will be trotted out each game making it rather predictable for other teams to match us.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
**** 4-4-2

Guiata

Awb tomkins sakho pva

Luka Kouyate

Andros meyer wilf

A striker

Why would you drop Hennessy?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:20 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
might be time to try zaha and townsend again up front with meyer just behind and have macarthur kouyate and milivojevic as well

I would drop schlupp and benteke tot he bench

meyer should get plenty of help from milivojevic and kouyate for high balls in the midfield

not ideal to go back to Townsend/zaha but unless we get wickham back at some point I don't think we have a good enough forward to start a premier league match
Old 01-09-2018, 09:01 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey

Awb tomkins sakho pva

Luka Kouyate

Andros meyer wilf

Sorloth

Really harsh on JMac but the formation doesn't allow him in the side. We are getting overrun in midfield so need two solid defensive midfielders and Meyer is clearly our most creative midfielder.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Hennessey
AWB - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
Townsend - Luka - Kouyate - Meyer - Ayew
Zaha

If we go 5 in midfield ^^^
Old 01-09-2018, 09:52 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Why would you drop Hennessy?
Distribution mainly.

I wouldnít mind seeing the first goal from today again, wasnít quite sure at time why he came out so far. 2nd goal I donít really care game was gone.

Think heís been solid this season and certainly far better than he was.. but his distribution is letting him down. Would prob be Harsh dropping him
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They will bully us all over the pitch and take turns kicking Zaha., unless there are big changes to the side after today's defeat. I'm sorry but I just can't see us getting anything up there.

Last edited by burgess hill 84; 01-09-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:01 PM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Henz

Obi wan
Tompz
Sakho
PVA

Luka
Kayoatz
Macartz
Meyer
Townz

Danny Butterfield
Old 01-09-2018, 10:16 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Assuming Wilf fit and Tomkins out;

-----------------Hennessey----------------
AWB--------Kelly--------Sahko-------PVA
-------------Luka--------Kouyate----------
Townsend---------McArthur---------Meyer
---------------------Zaha-------------------

OR

-----------------Hennessey----------------
AWB--------Kelly--------Sahko-------PVA
--------------------Luka--------------------
McArthur---------Kouyate-----------Meyer
-----------Andros-----------Wilf------------

Get some dynamism up front, Meyer's creativity and Kouyate's box-to-box ability into the team. Time to try something new if Wickham unfit and Sorloth unfancied.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:41 PM

redemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Change things up.

Hennesy
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Townsend Mili Kouyate McArthur
Meyer
Zaha
Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redemptionday View Post
Change things up.

Hennesy
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Townsend Mili Kouyate McArthur
Meyer
Zaha
I don't think Wilf can play the lone striker role. I like that midfield though.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Hennessey
AWB Tomkins Sakho PvA
Kouyate Milivojevic
Townsend Meyer Zaha
Ayew

No more target man upfront. No more Schlupp, SÝrloth or Benteke. If you canít out play a Huddersfield side with the ball you donít deserve anything
This is the team I would select.

Inclusions for Meyer and Kouyate are a must.

Benching of Benteke and Schlupp is also a must
Wilf and Tomkins back fit, hugely important.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Henno

AWB - Tomkins/Kelly - Sakho - PVA

Townsend - McArthur - Kouyate - Meyer - Wilf

Ayew

Subs: Guiata, Ward, Kelly/Redieweld, Luka, Schlupp, Sorloth, Benteke
Old 02-09-2018, 04:18 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Time to drop Benteke, at least for now. Not a bad idea to avoid a big target man against them. Townsend or Luka may need a rest, if Wilf is fit. Time to start Kouyate and Meyer, and perhaps Ayew. No reason to leave Wayne out. Let's be positive. We are still in a better position than we were a year ago. Every reason to get better - no reason to panic.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:12 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
.....................Hennessey
AWB. .......Kelly. .....Sakho. .......PVA

....LUKA. ..KOUYATE. ..MCARTHUR

.....Townsend. .....AYEW. ......Zaha

But I guess we all know Benteke will start
Old 02-09-2018, 07:40 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
GK - either is fine

AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA

Kouyate Luka Meyer

J Mac

Townsend Zaha - assuming all are fit to play

Full backs will need to be adventurous. Kouyate and J Mac will have to cover a lot of ground. Both forwards will drift wide so Jimmy will have to bust his nuts to be in the box to finish all the time. Not ideal but best we can do until a forward steps up.

If Roy wants to start Sorloth then rest Luka I guess and go 4-2-3-1
Old 02-09-2018, 08:25 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Given that Roy will play 4-4-2 then I hope we see the following, but itís not the team/formation I would like to see us play;

WH
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA

Andros Jimmy Kouyate Meyer

Ayew Wilf

I doubt Roy will drop Luka but he should do on recent performances.

We have to be more solid in centre midfield, hopefully kouyate can help us there. Meyer has to start and we simply cannot start with Benteke.

We desperately need wilf & Tomkins fit.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:28 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wayne
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Kouyate Max Luka
Townsend CB Wilf

If Roy wants to persist with 442, Jimmy Mac comes in for Benteke