Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2018, 06:28 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Hennessey
Wan-Bissaka Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Kouyate
Townsend Meyer Zaha
Sorloth

I like 4 2 3 1, but think Hodgson will go 442 and probably play Macärthur.

However against the cloggers I think Kouyate and Luka are necessary to allow the front 4 to play, and the fullbacks to bomb on

We need to match their muscle then beat them with skill
Old 14-09-2018, 06:31 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
They are still missing Hogg in midfield so I'm not sure we will need to go with two holding centrally. With Benteke out, it would be interesting to see if Roy would consider 4-5-1 which would allow a centre midfield trio of Luka, Macca and Meyer. The latter pair could cause havoc running from deeper while Andros and Wilf out wide would prevent their wing backs pushing on and with PVA or AWB overlapping, it would scare them to death. That just leaves the front man. Perm from Ayew, Sorloth or dare I say even Schlupp - he started as a striker didn't he?
Old 14-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDirewolf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Wilf on the coach to Huddersfield yay
He’s going up with the fans?
Old 14-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
They are still missing Hogg in midfield so I'm not sure we will need to go with two holding centrally. With Benteke out, it would be interesting to see if Roy would consider 4-5-1 which would allow a centre midfield trio of Luka, Macca and Meyer. The latter pair could cause havoc running from deeper while Andros and Wilf out wide would prevent their wing backs pushing on and with PVA or AWB overlapping, it would scare them to death. That just leaves the front man. Perm from Ayew, Sorloth or dare I say even Schlupp - he started as a striker didn't he?
Agree with the set up but, against the brutality of Huddersfield, I'd have Kouyote in that middle 3.
Old 15-09-2018, 07:54 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Hennessey
Luka Kouyate
Townsend Meyer Zaha
Sorloth

However against the cloggers I think Kouyate and Luka are necessary to allow the front 4 to play, and the fullbacks to bomb on

I actually prefer this to my own earlier one a few weeks back. I can see Meyer dropping deep and helping out a lot more than a usual ATM. Think I'd prefer Ayew to start personally as that front four would be had to handle for any defence and he isn't too bad with his head either.

Like you say though, Hodgson is unlikely to change formation, but we may see most of that team starting if Tomkins is ready and McArthur still has a bad back.
Old 15-09-2018, 07:58 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Kouyate and Meyer must both start today imo.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:17 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
....................Hennessey
AWB. .......Tomkins. ...Sakho. .......PVA

Townsend. ...Luka. ....KOUYATE. ..McArthur

..........................ZAHA. ....AYEW

would like to see Max in but McArthur doesn't deserve to be dropped and is probably better suited to play against Huddersfield
Old 15-09-2018, 08:17 AM

bonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tomkins, Zaha, Ayew, Kouyate all start.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:31 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
A guess,suggestion or fact ?
Old 15-09-2018, 08:34 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Hennessey
Luka Kouyate
Townsend Meyer Zaha
Sorloth

Spot on
Old 15-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post

would like to see Max in but McArthur doesn't deserve to be dropped and is probably better suited to play against Huddersfield
I'd go for this too. Meyer on after an hour if we're struggling.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:10 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Drop Luka and who is competent enough to take our penalties? ok he has not been at his best in a couple of games, but is still our best if not our only true midfield holding player. If we were to drop any of our players that have been off form this season then we would probably only be left with about THREE players that would warrant their places, surely if there is a player that needs to be "rested" then it's Benteke and that would be for his own benefit to take him out of the firing line.
The one i would feel sorry for dropping would be McArthur as he does not deserves it but would be purely for tactical reasons for a change in the system, yesterday showed we were far too easily exposed and gave away possession for then to counter attack, this has got to change and i feel only a 4-2-3-1 would give us a better balance.
This is what i would go with for the next game and give it a chance to bed in.

.................................................. Hennessey......................................... ..........

.........AWB.......................Tomkins........ ..............Sakho...............PVA............. ....

......................................Luka........ ..........Meyer................................... ....

..........Zaha..........................Kouyate... ......................Townsend.................... ...

.................................................. ....Ayew.......................................... ......
Surely now that we know that Tomkins and Zaha are fit to start this imo gives us our most compact defensive formation along with our most fluent attacking option and possibly our best lineup for the forseeable future, the one questionable position is Ayew replacing Benteke. But with the total lack of confidence CB is in currently then we must give JA his opportunity to show what he is capable off and we know he can score goals, if not what would have been the point of bringing him along with the others in if not being played.
The one player i feel this is hard on is McArthur who has done what has been asked of him, but moving forward i feel this is the way to go.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Is Tomkins fit to play?
By the way, it is considered bad form to quote oneself, especially approvingly.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is Tomkins fit to play?
Maybe Luie was quoting Jack, or vice versa.
Old 15-09-2018, 11:33 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is Tomkins fit to play?
Yeah

Awful form

Unless you acknowledge the fact with a clown emoji! Then it’s cool bro

Right?
Old 15-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I’m not sure we have a humblebrag emoji.
Old 15-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Can’t see Tomkins being risked after one training session (if true)

Zaha must start. If he doesn’t, we lose.
Old 15-09-2018, 12:18 PM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Is Tomkins fit to play?
The first suggestion was when i assumed Tomkins and Zaha were fit, then they were not, now they are hence the new suggestion which is what i had said.
As for quoting "oneself" it happens frequently on here so is nothing new.
Don't take life so seriously.
Old 15-09-2018, 01:02 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
Never in doubt was it
Old 15-09-2018, 01:02 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post

Bang on