Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-10-2006, 03:03 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
With the Pride US show coming up featuring neither what are peoples feelings on the old elbows vs stomps/soccer kicks/knee's debate?
They should all be allowed (possibly bar the soccer kicks to the head of downed opponents)

Old 23-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Just got back from Vegas. Show was pretty good. They brought pretty much the same production levels to this show as those in Japan. Fights were generally one-sided, except for the Barnett-Natsula fight. Sat inbetween guys from Team Quest and a guy who trained Butterbean and O'Haire, as well as numerous other West Coast fighters.. He didn't want to take credit for anything in that fight. They announced Pride was coming back to Vegas on Feb 24th, so I'm already starting to get my plans in place.
Old 26-10-2006, 11:19 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Two drug test failures at Pride show

Out of the eight fighters tested randomly after Pride's show on Saturday night in Las Vegas, two tested positive for banned substances.

Vitor Belfort tested postive for 4-hyroxytestosterone, while Pawel Nastula tested postiive for Decadurabolin, both anabolic steroids.

Both would have to attend a hearing in Nevada and based on previous cases, would likely be suspended for several months. The key is the suspensions would have to be recognized world wide by Pride, or Pride would lose its license to promote in Nevada.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 27-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
Two drug test failures at Pride show

Out of the eight fighters tested randomly after Pride's show on Saturday night in Las Vegas, two tested positive for banned substances.

Vitor Belfort tested postive for 4-hyroxytestosterone, while Pawel Nastula tested postiive for Decadurabolin, both anabolic steroids.

Both would have to attend a hearing in Nevada and based on previous cases, would likely be suspended for several months. The key is the suspensions would have to be recognized world wide by Pride, or Pride would lose its license to promote in Nevada.
I don't think Pride will mind dropping a bored-looking Belfort and Natsula.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
UFC4 finals next weekend - looking forward to it, as well as the debut of Mike Bisping.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
UFC4 finals next weekend - looking forward to it, as well as the debut of Mike Bisping.
I actually like Cote over Lutters and Lytle over Serra. Serrra needs to get back down to 155, no way he can compete at 170. Lots of guys seem to be fighting at the wrong weight on this show. Din Thomas could really make some waves if he could get down to 155, not sure he could though.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree that Serra needs to go down a weight. I think Lytle should have too much power for him and be able to resist the take down easily enough. Serra is easily rocked by a good punch at this level - saw that in his rematch with Shonie Carter.

I'm not sure about Kote. It again depends on whether he can resist the take down and Lutter is much much better at it than De Wees. A battle on the floor favours Lutter, if he doesn't blow himself out in the first couple of rounds.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm picking Lutter & Lytle. But whoever wins will get murdered in their respective title shots.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
I'm picking Lutter & Lytle. But whoever wins will get murdered in their respective title shots.
Matt Hughes/ GSP and Anderson Silva? Yup, I make you right. Its good that they get a chance to get their faces caved in though. At least they can say they were there (assuming they keep all their teeth/ don't require jaw reconstruction etc)
Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
I agree that Serra needs to go down a weight. I think Lytle should have too much power for him and be able to resist the take down easily enough. Serra is easily rocked by a good punch at this level - saw that in his rematch with Shonie Carter.

I'm not sure about Kote. It again depends on whether he can resist the take down and Lutter is much much better at it than De Wees. A battle on the floor favours Lutter, if he doesn't blow himself out in the first couple of rounds.
I think GSP will have Kote ready. Lutter might have dominated Sell, but he really didn't do anything in that fight. Other than taking Sell down in the first 10 seconds and staying on top of him the whole round.

[rant]Which brings me to the crap that UFC forces us to deal with. Big John sits there telling them to get some action going or he's gonna stand them up. But not only doesn't he stand them back up, he lets them sit there for 3 more minutes. UFC desperately needs to tell those refs to get inactive fighters back on their feet or there's gonna be a fan revolt when there's nothing but wrestlers fighting.[/rant]

Kote is stronger than Sell and has a much quirkier style which might give Lutters some trouble. As somebody said, he better get that stamina up or Kote will just wait him out, then pound. And I think Bam Bam would benefit from moving down to 170, but I don't know if he can. One thing you can expect is these guys littered throughout the next few shows to see if they can get any traction in the UFC.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Panty Organizer

Apparently, Bisping is off this weekend's UFC show. It seems there's been some problems with his visa, so he won't be allowed in the country. Hard to believe that the UFC would bung up his debut, but it looks like they might have.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 AM

That is disappointing - I was looking forward to seeing him in action.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM

BTW, I agree about the refereeing in UFC. I think I may have had a mini rant about it earlier in this thread somewhere.

I understand if its a jujitsu guy on the ground and he's trying to manoevre for a submission - in many ways that is better viewing than a knock out. However, when a wrestler is laying on top and can't get his elbows off, then the fight should be stood up immediately. It kills any spectator enjoyment. If the wrestler is busy on the floor then no complaints.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
[rant]Which brings me to the crap that UFC forces us to deal with. Big John sits there telling them to get some action going or he's gonna stand them up. But not only doesn't he stand them back up, he lets them sit there for 3 more minutes. UFC desperately needs to tell those refs to get inactive fighters back on their feet or there's gonna be a fan revolt when there's nothing but wrestlers fighting.[/rant]
What compounds the problem is that such stalling carrys far too much weight with the judges. If its not being used to get into potential fight ending positions then ground control/takedowns should IMHO count for very little on the scorecards.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I went to watch one of my mates (mates is probably a bit strong he close mates with one of my best mates) fight in Cage Rage contender last night in Peterbourgh, it was great. His name is Lee Elliot and depsite looking troubled in the first round once they went to floor in the 2nd he got his choke on and won in the 2nd great fight.

It was a super night though I dont think I have ever been in a place with so many hard horrible blokes in one room, luckily a lot of them were supporting Lee !

There was a lightweight fight that was super one of the guys had never fought before and only fought as somone had not turned up so only had 2 hours notice. It went three and despite being felled twice with kicks he fought on and won with an arm ba fantastic stuff.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 14-11-2006, 09:20 AM

Serra beat Lytle in a shocking decision. Shows that UFC judges place more weight on leaning on a guy than throwing punches. Awful awful decision - no wonder the crowd booed. Serra is too small at 170 and will get destroyed by GSP or Hughes.

Easy win for Lutter. Could be an interesting fight if he can get Silva to the ground.
Old 14-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Serra beat Lytle in a shocking decision. Shows that UFC judges place more weight on leaning on a guy than throwing punches. Awful awful decision - no wonder the crowd booed. Serra is too small at 170 and will get destroyed by GSP or Hughes.

Easy win for Lutter. Could be an interesting fight if he can get Silva to the ground.
I actually gave that fight to Serra 29-28. Lytle was way too passive, he really did nothing. He had one takedown the whole fight and a bunch of pittypat punches to the ribs. He basically fought the whole fight as if he would get points for not being taken down. It was a boring fight to be sure, but I'm not sure how either fighter could be upset with the decision. Serra did nothing, because Lytle just countered everything he tried and did nothing himself. If it was up to me, I would have called the match a draw and not given either of them a shot at the title or the money.

The best part of the show was the undercard. Din Thomas looked really good and moving down to 155, he instantly is in the title picture. If they're right about BJ Penn moving down there too, its gonna start to get crowded at 155. (especially when Serra has to move down)
Old 14-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I actually gave that fight to Serra 29-28. Lytle was way too passive, he really did nothing. He had one takedown the whole fight and a bunch of pittypat punches to the ribs. He basically fought the whole fight as if he would get points for not being taken down. It was a boring fight to be sure, but I'm not sure how either fighter could be upset with the decision. Serra did nothing, because Lytle just countered everything he tried and did nothing himself. If it was up to me, I would have called the match a draw and not given either of them a shot at the title or the money.

The best part of the show was the undercard. Din Thomas looked really good and moving down to 155, he instantly is in the title picture. If they're right about BJ Penn moving down there too, its gonna start to get crowded at 155. (especially when Serra has to move down)
I had it 29-28 to Lytle. What shocked me was 2 judges giving it 30-27 one way and the other 30-27 the other way. Still, UFC is not the only contact sport with inconsistent judging - boxing is as bad.

Din did look good but I think its probably quite easy to look good against Rich Clemente You are right though, 155 may well be the division to watch in the coming months.

Can't say I'm too excited about the Tim Silva vs Snowman bout.
Old 14-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
I had it 29-28 to Lytle. What shocked me was 2 judges giving it 30-27 one way and the other 30-27 the other way. Still, UFC is not the only contact sport with inconsistent judging - boxing is as bad.

Din did look good but I think its probably quite easy to look good against Rich Clemente You are right though, 155 may well be the division to watch in the coming months.

Can't say I'm too excited about the Tim Silva vs Snowman bout.
No, Sylvia vs Monson is not a marquee fight. Just read an article about Aleksander Emelianenko negotiating with the UFC. That would definitely spice up the division.
Old 15-11-2006, 06:19 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No, Sylvia vs Monson is not a marquee fight. Just read an article about Aleksander Emelianenko negotiating with the UFC. That would definitely spice up the division.
He did just put in a very unconvincing loss to Werdum in Holland but in the UFC's standup dominated division I could see him doing very well.