Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Bartolo Colon coming out of the game early for I have no idea why ruins my assault on Wins and K's.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Stupid Addison Reed blows another win for me.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
'A stat correction was received too late to apply for Brett Lawrie on Sunday, Jun 17.'

WTF? Why too late too apply?

Also, this season sucks. 9-1 ahead on Thursday and still my boys find a way to lose.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 18-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
'A stat correction was received too late to apply for Brett Lawrie on Sunday, Jun 17.'

WTF? Why too late too apply?

Also, this season sucks. 9-1 ahead on Thursday and still my boys find a way to lose.
I almost congratulated you on Friday as the win looked secure.
Old 18-06-2012, 01:10 PM
swinging and missing

Car54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Nando Di Fino‏@nandocbs tweets the following:

"Mariners recall Oliver Perez from AAA. Laugh all you want, but he had a 1.98 ERA, 24 K in 13 2/3 IP vs LH bats for Tacoma (4.65 overall)"

Anyone feeling lucky?
Old 18-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
I almost congratulated you on Friday as the win looked secure.
Lol. My team then went 4/30 that evening. *****.

Old 18-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Captain Fun.

And yes, that is the C word. That's how much I hate every last one of them.

Old 18-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54
Nando Di Fino‏@nandocbs tweets the following:

"Mariners recall Oliver Perez from AAA. Laugh all you want, but he had a 1.98 ERA, 24 K in 13 2/3 IP vs LH bats for Tacoma (4.65 overall)"

Anyone feeling lucky?
Mariners are now running three LOOGYs ifrom the pen. Nuts or what.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
And yes, that is the C word. That's how much I hate every last one of them.
Every last one of them? Shall I resend you that trade offer then?
Old 18-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny B Block
I am off to the states on Wed. Nigel, are you still away at the same time as I plan to go to the Rays for the Detroit series?

Back and free from 4th July for London drinks
I have today changed my travel plans and will now be home on Wednesday, June 27th. Will definitely be up for a night out at the Trop. I'll send a pm with contact info.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 18-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Captain Fun.

Quote:
Every last one of them? Shall I resend you that trade offer then?
Regardless of how much I need him, he's still a MFY.

Old 19-06-2012, 11:44 AM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
May I just take some time out to savour this moment in the keeper league please.

I thank you.

Just as one of my pitchers goes on DL.
Old 19-06-2012, 03:33 PM
swinging and missing

Car54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Well played sir! I thoroughly enjoyed my unexpected lead care of Josh Hamilton, but now happily settled in mid-table anonymity ...
Old 19-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman
Just as one of my pitchers goes on DL.
You'll be able to pick him up in the H2H league soon as well if you like (no idea why I'm waiting for the inevitable once he sees a certain Dr Andres tomorrow).
Old 19-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chris Archer's debut tomorrow night. Quite looking forward to it though a pity its not at the Trop.
Old 20-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Joe Maddon calls Nationals cowards for asking to check whether his ball tampering pitcher was ball tampering (he was, and was ejected).
Old 20-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Joe Maddon calls Nationals cowards for asking to check whether his ball tampering pitcher was ball tampering (he was, and was ejected).
I am really not sure about my opinion on this one. What we know is that he had pine tar in his glove and the Nationals knew about it because he did the same when pitching for them. I will be interested to hear from other players around the league as to how widespread this is and how they feel about this situatiion.

I did like Maddon's other quote: "there will be a lot of new gloves tomorrow"
Old 20-06-2012, 12:08 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was just reading about this one, and as above I'm a bit confused.
Seems the Nats were happy for him to cheat for them, but not others.

Is this another practice (like doping!) that was previously implicitly accepted around the league?
Old 20-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god
I am really not sure about my opinion on this one. What we know is that he had pine tar in his glove and the Nationals knew about it because he did the same when pitching for them. I will be interested to hear from other players around the league as to how widespread this is and how they feel about this situatiion.

I did like Maddon's other quote: "there will be a lot of new gloves tomorrow"
I like Maddon but I have him completely wrong here. If you are the manager and you know / are informed that one player is trying to get an unfair advantage over you, you are not doing your job if you don't try and stop it.

I have no doubt had the roles been reversed Maddon would have done exactly the same thing.
Old 20-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike
Was just reading about this one, and as above I'm a bit confused.
Seems the Nats were happy for him to cheat for them, but not others.

Is this another practice (like doping!) that was previously implicitly accepted around the league?
I guess Maddon is calling the Nats squealers. Like they broke one of baseball's stupid unwritten rules. I think he said something about the whole thing being bush league since the Nats didn't have to do any investigative work.

I remember Bruce Bochy slamming an opposing player for laying down a bunt against a pitcher that was throwing a no-hitter...in the 7th inning of a 1 run game.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 20-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.