Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-03-2002, 08:23 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

come on Mathews lazy git...............
Old 08-03-2002, 08:30 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm sure I've seen Matthews vandalising the odd thread today......
Old 08-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Come on Steve, be charitable. Imagine how guilty you'd feel if something bad had happened to him.

Of course that doesn't mean that he isn't a lazy git.

And after jl's picked I think the draft is going to come to a grinding halt anyway, so he's probably surfing the BBS in invisible mode, getting a good laugh at our ramblings and secretly surfing all the Fantasy Baseball tipping sites before selecting the 2002 version of Albert Pujols.
Quote:
With the 5th pick of the first round the Stella Sluggers pick Alex Escobar of the Cleveland Indians.
Just guessing.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:33 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Come on Steve, be charitable. Imagine how guilty you'd feel if something bad had happened to him.

yeh he is probably getting laid.........
Old 08-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well he's finally online.

Mr Matthews, what kept you?

And who are you picking, Carl Everett or John Rocker?
Old 08-03-2002, 09:07 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Summary to this point

Round 1 Picks so far

1 - Phoenix Fireballs picked Randy Johnson
2 - Willie Mays Hayes picked Alex Rodriguez
3 - Bettys Yankee Boys picked Barry Bonds
4 - Might be Giants picked Sammy Sosa
5 - Stella Sluggers picked Pedro Martinez

Hope you enjoy the half-season you get from him jl.

I think this is where we come to a sudden halt until Feather appears. Never mind, can't be helped.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Sad Moon Risin'

Location: 3951 miles (6358 km) (3433 nautical miles) from Selhurst
jlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejlmatthews : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Strathclyde is from here on out making my picks because I am on vacation for the next week just so you guys know.....
"It hurts us here," Jose Luis Luviano, a fan in Mexico City, said as he punched his chest. Tears melted the Mexican flags painted on his cheeks. "There has to be an end to this disgrace where (Americans) treat us like rats and idiots."
-WC 2002 US 2 - 0 Mexico

Facebook
Old 09-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I've got the message at work but not in my Yahoo! inbox yet - strange.

That's fine Steve, just one thing though - on even numbered rounds the order reverses. That should actually work quite well in getting a quick turn around in the draft.
Oh sorry.. I just assumed it was like the NHL Entry draft where the order is the same every round ( I think )

Hope Randy Johnson stays fit.. he's pretty old but he's AZ so I had to pick him

btw - I should be able to make all my picks pretty quickly as I figured out a way to get my personal emails at work altho browsing the BBS isnt an option. (yet)

Last edited by Steve in Phoenix; 09-03-2002 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:39 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Is there any chance we can speed up the process of the draft, i.e. time limits for selection, otherwise this could go on for sometime?

Hopefully now it is not weekend, we can get through it a bit quicker. Who's next on the list?
Old 11-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Still Feather, and I've seen him online this morning...
Old 11-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Sheffield Feathers take Mike Piazza.

LLCOOLSTEVE, we can see you online...

(Yes, that means it is your turn!)
Old 11-03-2002, 04:55 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apologies for the delay guys. I was away for a week and thought that the draft was starting towards the end of March.

I am around from now on though!
Old 11-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Here's where the time changes make life fun.

Anyway, in my estimation BHiG should be getting online fairly shortly. After him is g23, then Scotty, then Daddy Long and after that I conclude the first round. Hopefully after that the turnaround coming the other way should be fairly swift.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:54 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

ive picked, did it work?? dd i do it right??? i aint got a clue bout who i picked but what the hell, im learning all the time!!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Your pick came out to the e-mail group without any problems Steve.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry for the delay chaps. I have made my selection. Mariano Rivera. Hopefully the group email will work
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 11-03-2002, 08:05 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

come on then girls....whos next???
Old 11-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by bert head is god
Sorry for the delay chaps. I have made my selection. Mariano Rivera. Hopefully the group email will work
No it hasn't worked.

I really thought he was going to stay around until 12th spot. I can honestly say you're the first person to take what would have been my first pick (guaranteed at least 40+ saves I would have thought).

BTW I have an initial idea to speed things up, namely dropping the initial roster size to 18 so that the draft is only 18 rounds (not 24). Then at a chosen time make the rosters back up to 24 players and have a free for all for each team's remaining six places. Thoughts?
Old 11-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
come on then girls....whos next???
g23 is next, sure to take fellow etymologist Doug Glanville.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:24 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

Quote:

BTW I have an initial idea to speed things up, namely dropping the initial roster size to 18 so that the draft is only 18 rounds (not 24). Then at a chosen time make the rosters back up to 24 players and have a free for all for each team's remaining six places. Thoughts?