Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:31 PM
swinging and missing

Car54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallCar54 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Initial Roster - 18

Agreed
Old 11-03-2002, 08:36 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sounds good to me. Not that I would ever slow anything down of course
Old 11-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Doug Glanville's an etymologist?!

I've just tried to pick EE--CHEE--RO! But it doesn't seem to have appeared on the groups page. I just added it as a replied message but it's not there! First to tell me what I'm doing wrong wins a prize.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just sent it through the group as well Gavin. Seemed to come through fine. I'll take a look at your Group settings and see if there's a problem there.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:43 PM

Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0
I've gone for Vladimir Guerrero. Nice name lets hope he can hit
Old 11-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I get the feeling Daddy Long's off work today.

To say the least I'm chomping at the bit - I've already got the e-mail with the draft order for round 2 ready to go.

There's no telling who Daddy Long might pick, but let us just say that I've got a feeling that he'll pick one of two players, and I'll probably pick the one he doesn't.

Then again, he might draft Alex Escobar or Doug Glanville instead.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:02 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've picked

Go Tone
Old 12-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
There's no telling who Daddy Long might pick, but let us just say that I've got a feeling that he'll pick one of two players, and I'll probably pick the one he doesn't.
Eerily as I suspected! However I was expecting Giambi to go before Helton.

Anyway, here's the first round summary:

1) Phoenix Fireballs - Randy Johnson
2) Willie Mays Hays - Alex Rodriguez
3) Bettys Yankee Boys - Barry Bonds
4) Might Be Giants - Sammy Sosa
5) Stella Sluggers - Pedro Martinez
6) Sheffield Feathers - Mike Piazza
7) EASY NOW - Greg Maddux
8) Worse Than The Rays - Mariano Rivera
9) smallmarketloser - Ichiro Suzuki
10) The Toledo Mud Hens - Vladimir Guerrero
11) Daddy's Longs - Todd Helton
12) Strathclyde Eagles - Jason Giambi

Two picks already in round two, Schilling and Jeter taken.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:40 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Scotty up?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Scotty up?
That's right.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:53 PM

OK

bounce
Old 12-03-2002, 02:57 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

I have a feeling as i know bugger all about Baseball and the teams, players etc that im gonna do rather well........................
Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 PM

Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0Scotty is walloping Brighton 5-0
Sorry guys in late today, Roberto Alomar NYM please.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:11 PM

I was seriously considering taking Alomar as one of my first picks, especially as there seems to be a lack of scoring potential at 2nd base. He has moved teams hasn't he?
Old 12-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Yep, traded from Cleveland to the New York Mets over the winter.

g23, then myself on behalf of BHiG. Hopefully at the current speed we should be into round 3 at some point today.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:35 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Strathclyde, on the off chance we rattle through the second selections it would be a good idea to email Bettys Yankee Boys with the taken list so far as I know he still doesn't receive the group emails nor logs onto BBS.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:02 PM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Actually, I lie, he is seeing the group emails now.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:03 PM

Status so far - players taken:

Catchers: Piazza - Mets, Rodriguez - Rangers

1st Base: Helton - Rockies, Giambi - NYY

2nd Base: Alomar - Mets

Short Stop: Rodriguez - Rangers, Jeter - NYY

3rd Base: None

Outfielders: Sosa - Cubs, Guerrero - Expos, Bonds - Giants, Suzuki - Mariners

Starting Pitchers: Martinez - Red Sox, Johnson - Diamonds, Shilling - Diamonds, Maddux - Braves

Relief Pitchers: Riviera - NYY
Old 12-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Apologies for delay in getting BHiG's pick out to you. <namedropping>I was enjoying some lunchtime beverages with Mark Holmes.</namedropping> Normal service should now be resumed.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:31 PM

LLCoolSteve?