Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #3241  
Old 13-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Payroll Legend's Avatar
Payroll Legend Payroll Legend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SE19 in spirit
Age: 48
Posts: 4,368
Rep Power: 21474842
Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Not been able to post as in Caribbean on cruise but now in bar with internet
We ate now coming to the sharp end of the season well in touch and with players coming back. It looks doable. Looking forward to our next couple of games
I’m not sure I’m looking forward to them tbh.

Bloody stressful.
__________________
Billy Corkhill, Vince Hilaire.
Freddie Flintstone, Fred Astaire.
  #3242  
Old 13-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Bern78 Bern78 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 0
Bern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBern78 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Ifs, buts and maybes. We got a fairly soft penalty at home to City but failed to take advantage of it. Watford could have buried us in the first half at home - Deeney's miss from two years was incredible - and PVA could have been sent off just before Cleverley. Even at West Brom we were hanging on for dear life.

Yes, we have had more than our fair share of bad luck, but lets not pretend it's all one way. The table at the end of the season never lies.
100% this.
  #3243  
Old 13-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Happy Arthur Happy Arthur is offline
Block U
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,825
Rep Power: 8487240
Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was one of these loons that wasn't fussed about relegation but I've changed my mind because of the stadium plans. Problem is now I want us to stay up it's more like torture than ever. However I'm feeling positive because Wilf is back and if we get a win Saturday everyone will be buzzing again.
  #3244  
Old 13-03-2018, 10:04 PM
palacemetros palacemetros is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 58
Posts: 2,361
Rep Power: 21474839
palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
I totally agree. It would be a footballing disaster for us but at least some of us would be prepared for it. It's going to come as a proper bombshell to the likes of Spindle Cock.
It's not so much as I can't imagine the possibility of relegation. But having followed this club for sooooo long, I'd like to simply muddle along as a top flight outfit until the inevitable does happen without having to spend the time we are here worrying about when it will end.

You might think I'm not facing up to reality. I call it unreserved optimism and I effing well deserve it!
  #3245  
Old 13-03-2018, 10:11 PM
GreatGonzo's Avatar
GreatGonzo GreatGonzo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 59,071
Rep Power: 21474856
GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Yes, we have had more than our fair share of bad luck, but lets not pretend it's all one way. The table at the end of the season never lies.
Absolute bollocks. If that were the case then 2 years ago Leicester were the best team. They weren't just they had an awful lot of decisions go for them. There was even a thread on here of all the 'luck' or poor decisions going in their favour.

Maybe we were imagining it? Or maybe not. Following year and Leicester are struggling and Kasper Schmeicel is asked what the difference is. His response? Maybe this year we are not getting some of the decisions we were getting last year.

Decisions do not even themselves out over a season. The top 6 get more decisions in their favour than the rest. Even the referee assessors know this to be the case.

Recently the FA chief exec came out in support of VAR saying it has to be introduced because you cannot have teams being relegated based on poor decisions being allowed. Even he was recognising the impact.

Saying decisions even themselves out or do not make much difference or the table never lies Ian akin to denying climate change. It's illogical and the facts don't support it.
  #3246  
Old 14-03-2018, 08:50 AM
JackTheBiscuit JackTheBiscuit is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,000
Rep Power: 20046039
JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Absolute bollocks. If that were the case then 2 years ago Leicester were the best team. They weren't just they had an awful lot of decisions go for them. There was even a thread on here of all the 'luck' or poor decisions going in their favour.

Maybe we were imagining it? Or maybe not. Following year and Leicester are struggling and Kasper Schmeicel is asked what the difference is. His response? Maybe this year we are not getting some of the decisions we were getting last year.

Decisions do not even themselves out over a season. The top 6 get more decisions in their favour than the rest. Even the referee assessors know this to be the case.

Recently the FA chief exec came out in support of VAR saying it has to be introduced because you cannot have teams being relegated based on poor decisions being allowed. Even he was recognising the impact.

Saying decisions even themselves out or do not make much difference or the table never lies Ian akin to denying climate change. It's illogical and the facts don't support it.
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
  #3247  
Old 14-03-2018, 09:16 AM
LuieJack LuieJack is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 988
Rep Power: 4903801
LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
You cant say that Jack, you know as the saying goes "the truth hurts" which some tend or wish to ignore. As you rightly quote there has been some very poor decision making by the Board over the past Two seasons at the very least culmitating in where we are today, also as we know the table never lies.
  #3248  
Old 14-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Ant.Palace's Avatar
Ant.Palace Ant.Palace is offline
Brahms and List
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ifield
Age: 51
Posts: 28,338
Rep Power: 21474853
Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
You cant say that Jack, you know as the saying goes "the truth hurts" which some tend or wish to ignore. As you rightly quote there has been some very poor decision making by the Board over the past Two seasons at the very least culmitating in where we are today, also as we know the table never lies.
The table always lies until the end of the season.
__________________
Replaced by an aardvark.
  #3249  
Old 14-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Penstone Eagle's Avatar
Penstone Eagle Penstone Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: overlooking BHAFC's blot on the landscape
Posts: 25,599
Rep Power: 21474848
Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
Well said.
  #3250  
Old 14-03-2018, 03:11 PM
bigend1's Avatar
bigend1 bigend1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 36
Posts: 10,374
Rep Power: 21474852
bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Sigurdsson our for 6-8 weeks

That could be very significant and crap as Everton still play stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton and West Ham. Virtually everyone else fighting against relegation

They are shit shit without out him
__________________
It's a old story but if i could change the username i would... ok?!
  #3251  
Old 14-03-2018, 06:33 PM
GreatGonzo's Avatar
GreatGonzo GreatGonzo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 59,071
Rep Power: 21474856
GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
Sadly won't be at Huddersfield to discuss climate change or the numerous failings of our club.

I see you feel you know more than IFAB, FIFA, UEFA, The FA, referees assessors, players etc etc and who all recognise the element of decisions going for or against and he significant impact it can have. That's fine you have your opinion and entitled to it.
  #3252  
Old 14-03-2018, 09:18 PM
CPFC85's Avatar
CPFC85 CPFC85 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 46
Posts: 2,301
Rep Power: 15675522
CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
  #3253  
Old 14-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Kosowski's Avatar
Kosowski Kosowski is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,863
Rep Power: 17685872
Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
No Gonzo it is you talking bollocks.

It isn't luck that we went into the season woefully under-prepared with just four proper friendlies.

It isn't luck that our chairman got seduced by some crazy Dutch experiment (having been equally seduced by the fraud Pardew before) that left us with a seven game handicap at the beginning of the season.

It isn't luck that we missed two last minute penalties - especially the farcical Bournemouth one.

It isn't luck that we have known for three windows that Wickham was injured and done virtually nothing to address it.

It isn't luck that we haven't been able to take our under-performing striker out of the firing line when he has missed more great chances than almost any other player in the league, simply because we have no-one else.

It isn't luck that we have the worst two keepers in the league and known that for two seasons.

It isn't luck that we spent our whole transfer budget on a centre back with a terrible track record of injuries. We also signed a Chelsea loanee that had a similar known history. Dann and Puncheon were both injured cynically fouling City players.

Of course we were unlucky with Wilf missing so many games but we have been lucky that he has missed very few games in previous seasons - and that's what happens when you are so reliant on one special player. We were also unlucky to lose Sako when he was finally delivering (and I have no doubt we would have beaten West Ham if he had stayed on).

However, other teams could point to us having been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the league, or the fact we have had no sendings off this or last season. Watford have certainly had as many injury issues as us, Stoke missed a last minute penalty against the scum, etc etc

And as for Leicester - they won the league by 10 points, not on goal difference. Yes the other teams were all in disarray but to suggest they were lucky is utter tripe. They lost Kante the next season and that had more to do with their decline than anything else (although getting to a CL QF wasn't bad).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. I believe we have been the architects of our own misfortune.

Perhaps we can meet up for a beer pre Huddersfield to discuss climate change where we might have more in common!
Hard to disagree with any of this.
  #3254  
Old 14-03-2018, 11:08 PM
New LP's Avatar
New LP New LP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the shit
Posts: 18,085
Rep Power: 21474849
New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Relegation Avoidance Calculator 17/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Sadly won't be at Huddersfield to discuss climate change or the numerous failings of our club.



I see you feel you know more than IFAB, FIFA, UEFA, The FA, referees assessors, players etc etc and who all recognise the element of decisions going for or against and he significant impact it can have. That's fine you have your opinion and entitled to it.

Predictably in that brief and unsatisfactory response you’ve failed to actually respond to any of the many points that he’s made above that shatter the illusion that we are in serious risk of relegation merely because of ‘bad luck’.

Yes our luck has ran out this season. Injuries and some pretty poor refereeing being at the heart of that. This can happen in football. Just as we’ve enjoyed good luck in the past in these respects.

The fact is though that if the club had been run properly both this season and for the last few years then we’d be far better equipt to deal with this ‘bad luck’ and survive. How many points swing would having a proper goalkeeper have been worth for example? Or some other striking options in the squad? Probably the 5 or 6 that we so desperately would love to have now. And that’s allowing for the fact that we’ve been playing catch up due to the FDB fiasco all season. Without that cock up, and with a proper manager from the beginning of the season we’d probably be as good as safe by now, bad luck or not.

The truth is people like you are starting resemble Comical Ali in your flat refusal to lose a bit of face and admit you are wrong and that the current owner has messed up.
__________________
tracksuit from Matalan

Last edited by New LP; 14-03-2018 at 11:11 PM.
  #3255  
Old 15-03-2018, 01:49 AM
Hong Kong Eagle's Avatar
Hong Kong Eagle Hong Kong Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 60
Posts: 571
Rep Power: 4090992
Hong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for youHong Kong Eagle is just too good for you
Can we get back to discussing relegation likelihood rather than a slanging match, thanks
__________________
" Who names their sword ?"
" Lots of people "
" Lots of c#unts "
  #3256  
Old 15-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Funk Butter's Avatar
Funk Butter Funk Butter is offline
Panty Organizer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 46
Posts: 23,106
Rep Power: 21474852
Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
Can we get back to discussing relegation likelihood rather than a slanging match, thanks
It's not like the last few years where we sit and hope that a couple of teams below us don't go on a run, we need wins this time. Until we get that first win, I can't say "We're gonna be fine".
__________________
“Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.” - Mel Brooks
  #3257  
Old 15-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Penstone Eagle's Avatar
Penstone Eagle Penstone Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: overlooking BHAFC's blot on the landscape
Posts: 25,599
Rep Power: 21474848
Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Predictably in that brief and unsatisfactory response you’ve failed to actually respond to any of the many points that he’s made above that shatter the illusion that we are in serious risk of relegation merely because of ‘bad luck’.

Yes our luck has ran out this season. Injuries and some pretty poor refereeing being at the heart of that. This can happen in football. Just as we’ve enjoyed good luck in the past in these respects.

The fact is though that if the club had been run properly both this season and for the last few years then we’d be far better equipt to deal with this ‘bad luck’ and survive. How many points swing would having a proper goalkeeper have been worth for example? Or some other striking options in the squad? Probably the 5 or 6 that we so desperately would love to have now. And that’s allowing for the fact that we’ve been playing catch up due to the FDB fiasco all season. Without that cock up, and with a proper manager from the beginning of the season we’d probably be as good as safe by now, bad luck or not.

The truth is people like you are starting resemble Comical Ali in your flat refusal to lose a bit of face and admit you are wrong and that the current owner has messed up.
Yep.
  #3258  
Old 15-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Dr Mags Dr Mags is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 544
Rep Power: 6000504
Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Predictably in that brief and unsatisfactory response you’ve failed to actually respond to any of the many points that he’s made above that shatter the illusion that we are in serious risk of relegation merely because of ‘bad luck’.

Yes our luck has ran out this season. Injuries and some pretty poor refereeing being at the heart of that. This can happen in football. Just as we’ve enjoyed good luck in the past in these respects.

The fact is though that if the club had been run properly both this season and for the last few years then we’d be far better equipt to deal with this ‘bad luck’ and survive. How many points swing would having a proper goalkeeper have been worth for example? Or some other striking options in the squad? Probably the 5 or 6 that we so desperately would love to have now. And that’s allowing for the fact that we’ve been playing catch up due to the FDB fiasco all season. Without that cock up, and with a proper manager from the beginning of the season we’d probably be as good as safe by now, bad luck or not.

The truth is people like you are starting resemble Comical Ali in your flat refusal to lose a bit of face and admit you are wrong and that the current owner has messed up.

If we don’t stay up some people on here will be so happy.
  #3259  
Old 15-03-2018, 08:26 AM
JackTheBiscuit JackTheBiscuit is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,000
Rep Power: 20046039
JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mags View Post
If we don’t stay up some people on here will be so happy.
No - utterly devastated that we would have missed such a great opportunity to build a lasting legacy when it was so avoidable.
  #3260  
Old 15-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Maidstoned Eagle's Avatar
Maidstoned Eagle Maidstoned Eagle is offline
Streams, Speedos & beer.
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Planet Packed Lunch
Age: 53
Posts: 104,397
Rep Power: 21474856
Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mags View Post
If we don’t stay up some people on here will be so happy.
Yep.
__________________
If you don't like the BBS moderators policy on racist and bigoted posters, please remember that other sites are available.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.