Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2017, 04:21 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Ginga View Post
Are you suggesting that journo's simply trawl social media to put together a story; that journo's don't actually do some proper investigative work themselves?
I simply won't have it.
Probably being whooshed, but they don't get paid enough these days. Easier and cheaper to sit in the office sipping espressos and knocking up speculative bollocks based on social media drivel.
Old 13-09-2017, 04:26 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I've seen that piece before,the one thing that grabs me about that.
Greedman was unimpressed,really as much as I quite pleased he's gone,greedman couldn't lace is boots with achievements.
Old 13-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
They're paid vast amounts of money, how about they respect the chain of command? Tall order these days it seems. F'cking darlings. Pathetic.
The other side of the coin is that the players cost and are worth millions of pounds. If your most valuable assets are not being played and are unhappy the value of that player drops and if they decide they want to leave a club like Palace get screwed. I read somewhere that Mandanda went back to Marseille for about 2m. We would struggle to get a top championship replacement for double that.
Old 13-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Alfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What does mark bright actually do for the club ? Anyone have a clue
Old 13-09-2017, 05:18 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie's army View Post

Brighty's role is to be the conduit between the youth teams up to U23's. He liaises with the respective managers and they meet to report of progress - which players may move up between teams and ultimately which ones to keep on at the end of the season.

He also keeps abreast of the players out on loan. Speaks to the players and the loan team managers to see how there doing. He also goes and watches the loan players and reports back himself.

I know this as he once told me
Old 13-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It must be quite odd for this particular group of players having had four different Managers and coaching teams directing them over the past 10 months. Each with their own styles ideas and tactics. A fairly unusual circumstance.

It would be interesting to know their thoughts on the various and different approaches. But basically they are Pro's and appear to look after themselves. Just hope a bit of stability now will allow them to settle into a style and show what they are capable of. A few of them are familiar with RH. Townsend scored two or three good goals under Roy for England I seem to recall.
Old 13-09-2017, 05:55 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Saw Roy kicking a ball in his "First Day" video. Do hope the players don't feel their egos have been put under attack by this.
Old 13-09-2017, 05:56 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Although aren't all Dutchmen slightly arrogant and aloof? They're not really a nation known for it's charisma...
I was born and grew up there so I know the Dutch, they are encouraged from day one to express themselves and to voice their opinion, very confident people which spills over into arrogance, definitely. Also painfully blunt and very unsubtle, bordering on rude.

Lacking charisma? Naaa that's bollocks.
Old 13-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I was born and grew up there so I know the Dutch, they are encouraged from day one to express themselves and to voice their opinion, very confident people which spills over into arrogance, definitely. Also painfully blunt and very unsubtle, bordering on rude.

Lacking charisma? Naaa that's bollocks.
I was talking to a South African about de Boer at a work dinner a couple of nights ago.

He said the Afrikaners have an exaggerated Dutch personality. Direct to the point of bluntness and coming across to other South Africans as pretty unfriendly.

He told me something quite interesting that I didn't know before. He said even as an 'English South African' it was difficult to assimilate into the British culture of saying things without saying them. But he also admits having to tell newly arrived South Africans to "chill out".
Old 13-09-2017, 07:49 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
The other side of the coin is that the players cost and are worth millions of pounds. If your most valuable assets are not being played and are unhappy the value of that player drops and if they decide they want to leave a club like Palace get screwed. I read somewhere that Mandanda went back to Marseille for about 2m. We would struggle to get a top championship replacement for double that.
Chung-yong, Kelly, Delaney, Ward? They are the ones reported as being unhappy.

Don't get me wrong, as messed up as this whole process has been I am pleased that the club actually had a replacement lined up and ready to go. I am also a fan of Roy, and think he could be a good fit.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:16 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Loving the conspiracy theory that Lee's back pass was deliberate.
If only he was that good. Can't spot that sort of pass going the other way, can he.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Well, Lee's never given Benteke such a good pass so, joking aside, I'm pretty sure his backpass was an accident.
He did a good corner at Sunderland last year which went where Benteke wanted it around the penalty spot and resulted in a headed goal. He also managed that goal at Stoke.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:46 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
Brighty's role is to be the conduit between the youth teams up to U23's. He liaises with the respective managers and they meet to report of progress - which players may move up between teams and ultimately which ones to keep on at the end of the season.

He also keeps abreast of the players out on loan. Speaks to the players and the loan team managers to see how there doing. He also goes and watches the loan players and reports back himself.

I know this as he once told me
Ain't bad if you can get it.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lots of travelling and watching football.

I'd imagine every team in the Prem and even the Championship has someone doing a similar role.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:17 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Saw Roy kicking a ball in his "First Day" video. Do hope the players don't feel their egos have been put under attack by this.
Old 14-09-2017, 10:20 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie's army View Post
FYP are running an exclusive interview with Mark Bright in their next edition, so we might find out then.