Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:28 AM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
It all depends on how this came about. If SP, Mark Bright or someone at the club approached a few players and asked how things were going then I don't think there's anything wrong with a player giving an honest opinion.
If they're ones being shown up on the training pitch by a 47 year old ex-player then there is something badly wrong with it.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:31 AM

cybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I doubt we'll suddenly pull a Leicester City though. It'd be nice if we could.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:41 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I know this, but the point is , if the players feel their input to the manager is being ignored are we then saying they should shut up and not go and speak to someone else like the chairman to express their views?

Surely if they do speak to the chairman, surely he/she can then make a decision as to whether the player(s) concerns are out of self interest or are valid and then act accordingly.
I would hope they could speak to the manager but whether it is the manager or chairman is largely irrelevant as that is something I would find difficult to take issue with.I would take issue with someone going onto a pitch and deliberately not doing their job properly and I'm pretty sure that happened over the course of the first 3 games.I was largely impressed with the effort at Burnley(with the obvious exception of Lee and to a lesser extent Townsend in the 1st half,although Townsend played very well in the 2nd half)but giving 100% effort for 1 game in 4 is just not good enough.There was a case at Watford in their promotion season where the manager resigned despite winning 4 of their first 5 games because the players didn't like him.For me that is the correct way to raise their concerns.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
So whoever comes in has to indulge the egos of the likes of Delaney Kelly and Chong Yong lee in order to keep there job? Ridiculous. Also getting affronted because de Boer took part in a few training games? Pathetic. What a bunch of precious overindulged wankers
Old 12-09-2017, 12:47 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I don't like how Parish has briefed all of this to Ashton and Malyon. It's equally odious that they've guzzled it all up.

Poor behaviour all round.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
It's not in The Independent article, but I've seen Jairo Riedewald's name included in the player power, which seems very bizarre to say the least.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:10 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I don't like how Parish has briefed all of this to Ashton and Malyon. It's equally odious that they've guzzled it all up.

Poor behaviour all round.
Don't agree - I'm not Parish's greatest fan, but wether he has got people like Ashton to help his agenda or not - there were plenty of signs you could see with your own eyes that the players were not buying into what FdB was asking of them.

The evidence was there right at the start with Luka playing at CB and saying plainly he was not comfortable there, many knew about Delaney and Kelly falling out with De Boer's methods weeks ago and it was plain to anyone who has played football at any level how hopelessly unsuited Ward was playing the right wing back role, you did not need to pay a press reporter to find that out.

Some will say that it is a manager's right to manage - but when the evidence is there that he has lost the plot, a mutiny is the only way to stay afloat.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:12 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
It's difficult to draw too much from the article(s) in my opinion. It may not simply be that the players were so upset by being dropped by De Boer but more about the manner he treated the way he dealt with it. The article in the Sun suggests Kelly and Ward both felt humiliated by the way they were treated. It is one thing to accept who your boss is and work for him, but if any of us felt our line manager at work was being disrespectful to us or treating us unfairly then we may well raise it with someone above his head.

I do wonder if he lacks some man management skills. At the end of the day, part of a manager's job is to keep good morale among the people you manage - otherwise they won't be productive. And let's remember that there was talk of rumours that Inter players were very unhappy, very quickly with his manner and methods too - so I suspect Frank has to take some responsibility.

I also think messing the players around position-wise will have also made some feel hung out to dry. Eg. Ward not getting any time at wing back pre-season then suddenly thrown in and struggling. Kelly left out of the plans then suddenly chucked on against Swansea and struggling in the new system he had had very little time in. Delaney probably felt hung out to dry playing in a back 3 and having to face a winger like Salah who made him look stupid in that pre-season game. Luka the same.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:17 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
They're paid vast amounts of money, how about they respect the chain of command? Tall order these days it seems. F'cking darlings. Pathetic.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
They're paid vast amounts of money, how about they respect the chain of command? Tall order these days it seems. F'cking darlings. Pathetic.
Who is saying that they didn't respect the chain of command? Isn't it possible that they did and kept working hard but at the same time had major reservations and concerns about the management? I'm sure Parish and anyone who saw our first three games of the season would have had significant worries about the way the team was managed. So if he then approached players to ask how they felt things were going on the training ground, shouldn't they express how they feel?

I don't know if that is how it panned out but no one here knows exactly what did happen, so accusing them of not listening to the manager or respecting the chain of the command seems a bit harsh when we simply don't know the facts.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:50 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am glad that all of this is coming out, players need to take responsibility as does parish
Old 12-09-2017, 05:54 AM

H.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From what I've heard, He (FDB) Was just very unpopular. He hung certain players out to dry in front of the squad, nobody understood what he was doing and he was very blunt about a lot of things. Players went to Parish 3 weeks ago to complain.

De Boer and Parish properly clashed. De Boer has an ego from his reputation so was never going to listen to a businessman. Would have been better if he'd said that when interviewed to save all this mess but there we go! Mistakes on all sides but best to move on.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:01 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Despite lurching from crisis to crisis for the past 2 or so years, remember the constant in those 2 years (the players) are absolutely free from blame.

De Boer's fault for doing a few keepie ups in training and expecting Premier League footballers to be able to pass a ball to each other.

FFS MURRAY!

Last edited by Eaglesfan1; 12-09-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:07 AM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Obviously you don't want out of control player power (Sunderland being the classic example) but when we have a good manager, a good shape, good tactics and proper training our team performs really well. I like this bunch of players - I think they want to win games. If they think the manager is preventing them from doing that I don't see any problem with bringing it to the board. They clearly could not play FdB's system...

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I didn't want de Boer, and I am not heartbroken to see him gone, but if there's any truth in the multiple reports of player 'power', than it's a disgrace and those players need to be cleared out as soon as possible.
This

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Blimey, it's almost as if the BBS is saying, everybody at the club from players, staff, management and board are all complete *****. I'm just waiting to hear a rumour suggesting the kids selling the programs are spitting phlegm in the middle or the bar staff are putting toenails in beer.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:11 AM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Townsend is a great example - give him a decent manager and a game plan and he gives everything for the cause. What is Benteke supposed to think of FdB's system?

Pulis gave every player a job and created a real team. Allardyce knew how to get the best out of big egos and play our team to its strengths.

This is football at the top level - you have to have a manager who can manage premier league footballers...
Old 12-09-2017, 06:13 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
This is all rumour - I'd back the players every day over a manager who displayed a complete lack of awareness about the squad and who was tactically inept. Players like Delaney will go down in palace history - de Boer will be an infamous footnote. Delaney would never have expected a lot of games this season so I don't buy that he was the main culprit. Let's back club legends over someone who is dining out on their career as a fantastic player.

If the players did go to the chairman then they will have good reason. Does anyone seriously think he has been sacked because of four results - albeit scandalous ones at that? Of course not. This runs deeper and de Boer wasn't the right fit. The more I think about it the more I think we've done the right thing - regrettable though that is.

Last edited by Mr Palace; 12-09-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:18 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
This is all rumour - I'd back the players every day over a manager who displayed a complete lack of awareness about the squad and who was tactically inept. Players like Delaney will go down in palace history - de Boer will be an infamous footnote. Delaney would never have expected a lot of games this season so I don't buy that he was the main culprit. Let's back club legends over someone who is dining out on their career as a fantastic player.

If the players did go to the chairman then they will have good reason. Does anyone seriously think he has been sacked because of four results - albeit scandalous ones at that? Of course not. This runs deeper and de Boer wasn't the right fit. The more I think about it the more I think we've done the right thing - regrettable though that is.
Legend is banded about far too much these days.

Achieving promotion doesn't automatically make you a legend. Nobody on here would call Joel Ward a legend despite him also being part of that team and playing far more games than Delaney in the Premier League.

Of the current squad, only Speroni and Wilf can be seen as legends in my eyes.

FFS MURRAY!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:20 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1 View Post
Legend is banded about far too much these days.

Achieving promotion doesn't automatically make you a legend. Nobody on here would call Joel Ward a legend despite him also being part of that team and playing far more games than Delaney in the Premier League.

Of the current squad, only Speroni and Wilf can be seen as legends in my eyes.
I see what you mean but Delaney is right up there for me. He was immense in the promotion year and then early premier league years. Legend/hero - whatever you want to call it, he has made a major contribution to the club's history.