Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:21 AM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
If we had a team of Joel Wards we wouldn't be in this mess.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Players like Delaney will go down in palace history - de Boer will be an infamous footnote. Delaney would never have expected a lot of games this season so I don't buy that he was the main culprit.
I'm also uncomfortable with the assumption that Delaney is some kind of conniving 'Littlefinger' character that's destroying the club from within.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Clear the players out. This is Palace not ******* Chelsea.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I'm also uncomfortable with the assumption that Delaney is some kind of conniving 'Littlefinger' character that's destroying the club from within.
Me too. All unfounded bollocks.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:23 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This is all rumour - I'd back the players every day over a manager who displayed a complete lack of awareness about the squad and who was tactically inept. Players like Delaney will go down in palace history - de Boer will be an infamous footnote. Delaney would never have expected a lot of games this season so I don't buy that he was the main culprit. Let's back club legends over someone who is dining out on their career as a fantastic player.

If the players did go to the chairman then they will have good reason. Does anyone seriously think he has been sacked because of four results - albeit scandalous ones at that? Of course not. This runs deeper and de Boer wasn't the right fit. The more I think about it the more I think we've done the right thing - regrettable though that is.
^^^ very much this
Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is nonsense , in any employment if you have a new manager who treats you poorly , doesnt value you or communicate well and is affecting your performance detrimentally - you are entilted to say something. of course you need to do it in the right way but the issue here is fdbs character i think. As the same issues seemed to arise with SP and others

Last edited by aj4england; 12-09-2017 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
This is nonsense , in any employment if you have a new manager who treats you poorly , doesnt value you or communicate well and is affecting your performance detrimentally - you are entilted to say something. of course you need to do it in the right way but the issue here is fdbs character i think. As the same issues seemed to arise with SP and others
And the same thing happened at Inter.

Oh no wait that does count does it as it doesn't fit with other people's agendas!?

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 12-09-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:30 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Calling our players "cowards" after the loss to Swansea ,probably wasn't the correct words to inspire your players in the dressing room,you treat your players like shit you deserve to go,goodbye DeB
DeB obviously lost the dressing room
Thanks to say he has gone!!!!!!!
Coyp
Old 12-09-2017, 06:34 AM

Panther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betrayPanther is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
If we had a team of Joel Wards we wouldn't be in this mess.
We wouldn't be scoring many goals though. Oh, hang on......
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
I'm behind the players 100% on this. The guy was an arrogant arsehole who put us backwards at an alarming rate. The more I read about it the more I back Parish on this.

Those of you getting on your high horse and being all holier than though, perhaps back your own club, and long serving players- proper Palace people- rather than a manager who was quite clearly deluded & an horrendous people person who said we were a "stepping stone" in his first interview. **** FDB.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
I'm behind the players 100% on this. The guy was an arrogant arsehole who put us backwards at an alarming rate. The more I read about it the more I back Parish on this.

Those of you getting on your high horse and being all holier than though, perhaps back your own club, and long serving players- proper Palace people- rather than a manager who was quite clearly deluded & an horrendous people person who said we were a "stepping stone" in his first interview. **** FDB.
Yup totally agree. ..We are Crystal Palace FC not FdB FC.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:38 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is all rumour - I'd back the players every day over a manager who displayed a complete lack of awareness about the squad and who was tactically inept. Players like Delaney will go down in palace history - de Boer will be an infamous footnote. Delaney would never have expected a lot of games this season so I don't buy that he was the main culprit. Let's back club legends over someone who is dining out on their career as a fantastic player.

If the players did go to the chairman then they will have good reason. Does anyone seriously think he has been sacked because of four results - albeit scandalous ones at that? Of course not. This runs deeper and de Boer wasn't the right fit. The more I think about it the more I think we've done the right thing - regrettable though that is.
Should've read this before I posted. Spot on.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:40 AM

New LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So it's the players who fell out with him and are responsible for his sacking and not Parish then?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:50 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
The problem is that the role of football manager is seen to be one that should be carried out in an autocratic fashion.

If we are telling the players to simply shut up and do as they are told and we also expect the chairman to butt out of footballing matters how does anyone nip in the bud the things that are starting to go wrong?
This is what I think the problem has been. It looks like no-one warmed to De Boer at the club, and quite possibly he had lost the dressing room. Clearly Stevie P was alarmed at what was developing, and chose to pull the plug quickly.

Whilst the whole thing appears to be a massive cock up, it could be construed that De Boer promised something quite different than he planned to deliver. He promised 'evolution', and then completely changed the formation, and tinkered with player roles all pre-season, just to change again when the season started.

Personally, whilst sad about how this whole thing has unfolded, I think getting De Boer out early is probably the right decision. We have quality players coming back into the side, and time enough to turn it around.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:52 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Should've read this before I posted. Spot on.
My sentiments entirely
Old 12-09-2017, 06:55 AM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The players who bar Zaha have been on the whole shite for the past 20 months.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:57 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
And the same thing happened at Inter.

Oh no wait that does count does it as it doesn't fit with other people's agendas!?
You also need to look at Ajax and how that ended. The issue is not about the players.
If people want to play to an agenda then the question to be asked is how did FdB get the job in the first place. Inter nothing seems to have been learnt from what happened there we had the pre season he wanted and the team put out against Huddersfield in all honesty was a disgrace it bore nothing like the one we had been using and was totally disorganised. Liverpool was better but Swansea it went backwards. Reading now the change from 4 back to 3 more or less at the last minute it showed on the day....
The consequences of not taking action quickly once the mistake was realised is to high, but other chairmen may well of left it to late to save face, Fulham springs to mind Moyes at Sunderland.
Sad day the promise once again not full filled but onwards and hopefully upwards.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:58 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
The players who bar Zaha have been on the whole shite for the past 20 months.
Or the players who have kept us in this league for 4 continuous seasons despite all the managerial change and turmoil?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
The thing that doesn't sit right with me is that the players named would hardly be considered first team regulars irrespective of who the manager was.

I could understand it if it was the core of the team like Puncheon or Dann, or the marquee players like Wilf, Benteke or Cabaye.

Irrespective of his history with the club, Delaney is now past it. He wouldn't get into any other Premier League team, and probably not in many of the 25s. It was typical nostalgic Parish to extend his contract this season, more in keeping with still picking your mates in a pub side.

Maybe he is seen as a players shop steward? You can give him the benefit of the doubt, and the story may be a load of rot despite having the hallmarks of another thing planted by the club on the media, but it feels to me that Parish is playing favourites again.

Last edited by Neckinger Eagle; 12-09-2017 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Corrected a bit of a spoonerism.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:59 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who knows what really went on? What is sure though is that FdB was wrong for Palace and a mistake was made in appointing him. The noise about it is because of all the known detail. The no points, no goals and confused playing system. Now the lack of public statement of support or even the expected refuting of stories of disharmony seem to confirm that very quickly the mistake was realised.

Awful though it looks, mistakes like this can happen and anyone who seriously dismisses the right of anyone to raise concern with the boss's boss should take a thought for a minute. Some would have been in similar situations in their own workplace.

I am not suggesting that FdB is Captain Queeg, but 'The Caine Mutiny' is an example of what can happen in a team situation.

I was excited with the appointment of FdB but there was one nagging doubt I had. In the past, Dutch teams have often been plagued with players falling out in the camp with each other and the managers which have impacted badly on their chances to win tournaments. Some strong individuals often do not suffer fools gladly. Gullitt's experience at Newcastle and Van Gaal more recently at Old Trafford.