Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I see what you mean but Delaney is right up there for me. He was immense in the promotion year and then early premier league years. Legend/hero - whatever you want to call it, he has made a major contribution to the club's history.
Delaney's behaviour of late has left a bitter taste in the mouth of many Palace fans. To be honest I dislike him as much as I do Chris Coleman. Got a VERY bad attitude.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:31 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
All rumours. Bit harsh to hang out Damo like this for FDB's failings.
The BOARD'S failings.

How any sane person can blame anyone but the board for this farce is beyond me.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
We're hanging FdB out over rumours....what's the difference?
Mr Palace has an agenda.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
I would draw a slight parallel with us and Leicester's situation with Ranieri when they struggled and eventually got rid of him.

Immediately Leicester bounced back and I will be expecting the same from our players - Though we don't have any Champions in our squad !
Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
If true about the players, I hope one day they go into management and face the same issue. Will give them a real sense of how hard a job it is and you cant no matter how hard you try, please every player.
I really hope the tail isn't wagging the dog here.
Or perhaps they will realise that you cannot go into a new club; treat well liked established pros with contempt and exepect everybody to come along for the ride.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
I would draw a slight parallel with us and Leicester's situation with Ranieri when they struggled and eventually got rid of him.

Immediately Leicester bounced back and I will be expecting the same from our players - Though we don't have any Champions in our squad !
Dont forget Schlupp
Old 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Dont forget Schlupp
Ah Yes.

Somebody remind him again why he signed for us !!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do not believe any of our players have given less then their best for FDB they may have been unhappy and that will cause a drop in form no way do they miss chances or make mistakes on purpose. DD is a leader if he sees his mates being muged off he is bound to speak up and so he should he has fought tooth and nail for us we need fighters like him in our team if we are to get out of this mess. FDB has gone its put our club in a bad light do we care? no not if we start winning games it will be forgotten.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Inter were 17th when he was sacked. Pioli came in and took the same group of players up to 3rd / 4th at one point and he didn't have a pre season and was still expected to reach the Champions League. The only player Inter added in January was Gagliardini, everyone needs to face up to the fact that he is an abrasive, arrogant tosser and this was the right decision no matter how it was reached.

de Boer is a busted flush. If I was any club inside the top 5 leagues in Europe I wouldn't go near him with a barge pole.
By 17th you mean 12th? Cause they were 12th when he was sacked.... they finished 7th not 3rd or 4th, so ultimately the next guy failed as well? He might not have had a pre season, but he did have a 10 game head start on getting players to match fitness, which de Boer didnt.

Fact? Or opinion based on little 'fact'?

Sure he may have gone about things the wrong way, but the only reason we are hearing this is because the Palace board and media are having to paint him in a worse light than themselves to justify sacking a manager after 4 games!!

We are a joke to the world of football right now. Now we might not care, I don't care what others think, just what I think, yet the club and the board do, enough to leak information like this to the press, whilst de Boer remains professional and tight lipped....the only tossers on show are all seemingly still here, all ready for the next manager to fall foul of.

Parish has got too involved with the playing side of the club, and they have seemingly they have gained too much 'control' of the management of it, he should just ask who the players want and be done with it.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bounce back to what though? We'd lost 4 out of the 5 before de Boer joined, including against Burnley, in a worse performance than we saw Saturday?

Bouncing back to playing shit and losing, doesn't look like much needs to change.

Last edited by GrayP41ace; 12-09-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
By 17th you mean 12th? Cause they were 12th when he was sacked.... they finished 7th not 3rd or 4th, so ultimately the next guy failed as well? He might not have had a pre season, but he did have a 10 game head start on getting players to match fitness, which de Boer didnt.

Fact? Or opinion based on little 'fact'?

Sure he may have gone about things the wrong way, but the only reason we are hearing this is because the Palace board and media are having to paint him in a worse light than themselves to justify sacking a manager after 4 games!!

We are a joke to the world of football right now. Now we might not care, I don't care what others think, just what I think, yet the club and the board do, enough to leak information like this to the press, whilst de Boer remains professional and tight lipped....the only tossers on show are all seemingly still here, all ready for the next manager to fall foul of.

Parish has got too involved with the playing side of the club, and they have seemingly they have gained too much 'control' of the management of it, he should just ask who the players want and be done with it.
I didn't say they finished 3rd or 4th. I said they reached up to about there with the same players.
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Mr Palace has an agenda.
Well I wish he'd put it away instead of waving it around in peoples faces, thats just rude.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
I do not believe any of our players have given less then their best for FDB they may have been unhappy and that will cause a drop in form no way do they miss chances or make mistakes on purpose. DD is a leader if he sees his mates being muged off he is bound to speak up and so he should he has fought tooth and nail for us we need fighters like him in our team if we are to get out of this mess. FDB has gone its put our club in a bad light do we care? no not if we start winning games it will be forgotten.
Mugged off the same players that have been in relgation battles for 4 straight seasons. We need more than just fighters like Delaney etc. as we are getting worse and worse every season with the same group.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Or perhaps they will realise that you cannot go into a new club; treat well liked established pros with contempt and exepect everybody to come along for the ride.
Or perhaps those in question should act like established pros and put their head down and work their arses off to get in the team.
Last time 2 of em played side by side they conceded 5 goals. Tells you a fair bit I'd reckon.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I didn't say they finished 3rd or 4th. I said they reached up to about there with the same players.
I know, I was saying they didn't stay 3rd/4th.

Same players then went from 3rd/4th back down to 7th? It was about the comment I made about them not pulling up trees since. The season ends when it ends and that's what's judged, not when you were at the highest point, and finishing 7th suggests what I said.

Pardew would still be here if the highest position any point during a season made one jot of a difference, we were 5th at one point with the same players that finished 15th.

Last edited by GrayP41ace; 12-09-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:11 AM
It's a term of affection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Bounce back to what though? We'd lost 4 out of the 5 before de Boer joined, including against Burnley, in a worse performance than we saw Saturday?

Bouncing back to playing shit and losing, doesn't like much needs to change.
The Palace with Sakho in the team. The 3-0 Arsenal win needs to be played again and again to the players to remind them of what they can do as a team.

We need to forget (if we can) the last two months and push on together with a positive frame of mind.

We cannot afford to implode again.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
So what happens when the next manager realises that Delaney, Kelly, Ward are all not good enough... do they go crying to parish again. Pathetic.
What about Chungy? Don't forget that useless bellend.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:
The Palace with Sakho in the team.

We need to forget (if we can) the last two months and push on together with a positive frame of mind.

We cannot afford to implode again.
The Sakho that de Boer wanted to integrate earlier and never even got to use?

We've won 3 games since the 5th of April, 13 games! and de Boer is being lynched for his part in 4 of them. It's a joke.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:17 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
It's not rumour. This is the 4th manager he hasn't liked & has seen off. Why do you think he was awarded a one year extension when we have about 8 centre halves? He is the boards eyes & ears at the training ground.

Best example is Delaney with Warnock. He hated him. Remember the Chelsea match when he was determined to get sent off? I've never seen anything like it & after that, I'd never label him a legend.
But he knows he will barely play this season regardless of who the manager is. It doesn't stack up for me. I'm not saying he's been an angel but this isn't his fault.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
But he knows he will barely play this season regardless of who the manager is. It doesn't stack up for me. I'm not saying he's been an angel but this isn't his fault.
I'm not saying this is all his fault, that would be nuts. But I doubt he made life easy for FdB.