Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Can you resist the urge to toady to him, and actually ask him some difficult questions and challenge him on his answers where fitting?
Not this again...

I'm amazed at how many people mistake manners for "Toadying" or whatever you want to call it.

Last time we interviewed SP we asked all the questions people had and we still got accused of not asking them, presumably because we didn't end up in a row.

It'll be the same this time, no approach we can possibly take will stop some people having a go in one way or another. Hopefully there will be plenty there for people to get whatever it is they want from the interview.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 17-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Top Banana

BUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fair play to sp for coming on.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When did you realise you made a mistake in appointing FBD?
Are you worried the club could end up in a similar position to what he inherited should we suffer relegation?

I'm guessing people may not want to ask anything about the latest on stadium redevelopment for a change. Not the top priority?
Old 17-09-2017, 02:05 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
Not this again...

I'm amazed at how many people mistake manners for "Toadying" or whatever you want to call it.

Last time we interviewed SP we asked all the questions people had and we still got accused of not asking them, presumably because we didn't end up in a row.

It'll be the same this time, no approach we can possibly take will stop some people having a go in one way or another. Hopefully there will be plenty there for people to get whatever it is they want from the interview.
You do toady up to him, that twat Jel in particular. Please ask some searching questions this time. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 17-09-2017, 02:06 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Good work for getting him on tonight.

There are hundreds of questions but I'm keen to know whether we are going to sign a free agent striker. I'm also keen to know why we've left ourselves so short up front. Why didn't we learn from the left back debacle?

Other than that, can you get across that while most fans are understandably feeling very low about our prospects, that most appreciate the excellent job he has done since acquiring the club.

Oh, and one final thing, how does he feel about having to take all the shit while the Americans aren't accountable to the fans?
Old 17-09-2017, 02:06 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Does he get sick of the culture change from the fans who used to be so supportive? Does it make him question why he puts himself through it?
Fairly sure Parish accepts it as part and parcel of being in football and that it's been the same in whatever league we've been in, and at every other club too.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
You do toady up to him, that twat Jel in particular. Please ask some searching questions this time. Cheers.
He's not a government minister, is he? There's a line between holding them to account and being a dick. I think Hambo and co generally get the questioning right. It's not the Today programme...
Old 17-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Top Banana

BUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post

Other than that, can you get across that while most fans are understandably feeling very low about our prospects, that most appreciate the excellent job he has done since acquiring the club.
This
Old 17-09-2017, 02:08 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Here's one:
Has the American investment been spent already in the last 2 transfer windows or is it still saved and earmarked for stadium upgrade projects (new toilets do not count).

Cheers.

Old 17-09-2017, 02:09 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I trust Holradio will be harsh but fair... if they act like complete bellends to SP, I very much doubt they'll get this kind of direct access to him again.

Well done for securing this interview... I expect much bigger media outlets have tried and failed to get a interview with SP.

My question is...What lessons have been learnt.. as we can't keep flirting with relegation ... we will run out of luck at some point... Like Sunderland did.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:09 PM

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Do you & I know a different Jel?

Live Review Show: Sundays 8pm
Preview Podcast: Released Wednesday/Thursday evenings
Old 17-09-2017, 02:13 PM
techno sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by holradio View Post
Do you & I know a different Jel?
I don't really care tbh can you just ask where the American investment has gone? That's a fair question that needs an answer.

Old 17-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm sure he'll do a good job of appeasing people.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:19 PM

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I don't really care tbh can you just ask where the American investment has gone? That's a fair question that needs an answer.
Well you call somebody who gives up free time to do this a twat so clearly you have care to some degree.

We'll ask the question, sure. But the investment hasn't gone, we're simply trying to comply with FFP. This was said in our previous chat with him.

Live Review Show: Sundays 8pm
Preview Podcast: Released Wednesday/Thursday evenings
Old 17-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Lovely. I'm not going to debate it with you. You think what you want to think, but all we do is ask honest questions in a respectful way. That goes for whoever we interview.

I know for a fact Steve P doesn't care what we ask, it's the decision we make. More specifically that I make.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 17-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I trust Holradio will be harsh but fair... if they act like complete bellends to SP, I very much doubt they'll get this kind of direct access to him again.

Well done for securing this interview... I expect much bigger media outlets have tried and failed to get a interview with SP.

My question is...What lessons have been learnt.. as we can't keep flirting with relegation ... we will run out of luck at some point... Like Sunderland did.
Hope he answers your question, because I'm sure the appointment of FdB was to avert flirting with relegation. Wasn't it?
Old 17-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can you ask him about Dougie, why he was brought in, what is his remit and why the strange timing. Surely if a DOF was something that the club felt they'd benefit from, why weren't they brought in in pre-season, and not 10 days before the window shut.

Also, the goalkeeping situation and striker situation really need explaining. Benteke is a good player, but is out of form right now. There's been times this season where it's just not been working for him in a game, and replacing him with another option for the last 25mins would surely have benefited us, and given the management other options tactically. Only having Benteke at the club not only is reckless re his availability due to fitness / suspension, but also makes us so easy for other sides to prepare against.

Last edited by jimmy the gent; 17-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:30 PM

Was he asked to take part, or did he feel he needs to and offered ?
Old 17-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by holradio View Post
Steve Parish is on the show tonight. SENSIBLE questions please..
Apart from Big Sam what's gone missing (psychological or physical) from within the club since the Hull game that has left us where we currently are?

Does he think our current league position is down to Sakho and Zaha's injuries?
Old 17-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Please ask if he were a fan only these last seven seasons what he may think about the present situation, and what has happened over the last two or three seasons specifically, the 100k a week players, the managerial changes, the seeming lack of proportionate investment off the field as opposed to on it, and would he have any ideas on how the owners could improve the situation?