Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-01-2017, 01:12 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
In my distant youth I saw someone or other at De Montfort Hall (70's) and the support act was Chas n Dave. This was before they had been on TV and became well known. Totally unexpected because back then you often didn't know who was supporting. Quickly won over what started as an unreceptive crowd largely because they could play. Probably would have found it harder after their TV appearances where they became mainstream popular but probably lost their cool. I did try not to enjoy it, honest Gerrrcha.

Wish I could remember who they were with now - back then I saw 10cc, Genesis, Peter Gabriel (several times), Joan Armatrading, Leo Sayer, Diana Ross, Gallagher and Lyle etc. etc and somprobably one of those.

Remember String Driven Thing were supporting the first Genesis concert and they were impressive but TBH Genesis (Foxtrot tour) blew them away and probably at/towards their peak then.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:10 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Nightranger supporting Foreigner at Wembley 1985.

Nightranger blew away the headliners which was what I expected them to do.

Quireboys rocked Hammy Odeon supporting Aerosmith.
Old 14-01-2017, 02:43 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I've seen the following as support acts:

The Human League

Heaven 17 (including supporting The Human League)

Erasure (only in their early days - but they will be supporting Robbie Williams on his tour next year)

New Order (supporting Depeche Mode in Copenhagen - NO were crap that day)

Talk Talk (same gig supporting DM - TT were good, though)

Blancmange (supporting Paul Young - don't ask!)

ABC

Madness

Fad Gadget

Client

The Stranglers (supporting Blondie, actually quite recently - Stranglers > Blondie that night)
Fad Gadget played at my wedding!
Old 15-01-2017, 10:37 AM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The God Machine (supporting the Catherine Wheel) at the After Dark Club in Reading were absolutely superb
Old 16-01-2017, 11:21 AM

Superfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My first ever proper concert ('87 I think) was Suzanna Vega at Wembley and the support was a scouse singer named Thomas Lang who I've followed ever since (possibly my most played artist). Saw him for the second time just a few months ago in Liverpool - I was deliriously happy!

The Sundays supporting Throwing Muses just before releasing their first album. They came with a wave of hype so half the crowd were there to see them. Muses were blinding but the Sundays probably edged it.

Mudhoney supporting Sonic Youth were superb but TBF that was more of a double bill (and TBF, they wasn't as superb as Sonic Youth)
Old 26-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Banned by Moderators

bagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebagler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sex pistols supporting Eddie and the hot rods.

Talking heads supporting Ramones

Tube way army (billed as two way army) supporting x ray spex at the Roxy
Old 26-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Fad Gadget played at my wedding!
Really?! Did you know him?
Old 27-02-2017, 01:05 AM

magician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmagician was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Suede
Supporting kingmaker

And Radiohead also supporting kingmaker
Both great

we love you ,we love you , we love you!!!
thank you from the bottom of my heart