Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Dutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDutch O : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
I'm deeply disillusioned with Palace but I am not embarassed. Weirdly enough, this level of ineptness has restored my 'gallows humour' about Palace and that is strangely comforting.

Whilst I can see that people describe this team as unlikeable, I am not there yet because their poor performance is not the result of not caring or not trying hard enough. They are devoid of all belief and confidence. This season hinges on whether Roy can rebuild either in any meaningful way. The only crumb of comfort I have is having hear his post match conference is that he has hit several nails on the head about our issues and this match gsve him the acid test he needed.

I think we need to (mentally) prepare for a relegation this season and see if that can ignite a bit of a Dunkirk spirit amongst us all.
Windsor eagle spot on as usual
Old 17-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Gregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
People really are very emotionally unstable. Without that goal early on people would be polarised and saying what a great first step it was to get a point.
Can't agree with this. We barely laid a finger on Southampton in that first half. Their players seemed to dwarf Mcarthur, Puncheon and Cabaye.

There's a real issue at home. I'm not sure it's just one thing, but we always start so slowly. The away team finds their rhythm within the first 5 minutes, builds confidence and then the inevitable happens. I could understand this fresh off our first season in the PL, but average teams aren't getting out of 2nd gear and are taking the points at Selhurst. Sunderland and West Ham have completed 3 wins in a row at Selhurst. It's embarrassing.
Old 17-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
Can't agree with this. We barely laid a finger on Southampton in that first half. Their players seemed to dwarf Mcarthur, Puncheon and Cabaye.

There's a real issue at home. I'm not sure it's just one thing, but we always start so slowly. The away team finds their rhythm within the first 5 minutes, builds confidence and then the inevitable happens. I could understand this fresh off our first season in the PL, but average teams aren't getting out of 2nd gear and are taking the points at Selhurst. Sunderland and West Ham have completed 3 wins in a row at Selhurst. It's embarrassing.
The number of empty seats yesterday shows a lot of people have had enough of our pitiful home performances and have voted with their feet......
Old 17-09-2017, 09:55 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Open Message to CPFC Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
A good rant is probably good for your state of mind, but lashing out in all directions, when our new start under RH is just a few days in, is pretty pointless don't you think ?

As RH said, the fandom have to stay with him and give him some time.

Endlessly listing the mistakes, won't help, will it ?

Thanks Celestial. I'm just sharing my thoughts about our playing squad. RH has a massive job on his hands keeping us in the PL for next season. As a fan of 50 years I hope he succeeds. If not, we go again in the EFL Championship next season. But, what a wasted opportunity the PL would be for us.
Old 18-09-2017, 08:57 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
We've spent an awful lot of money to end up with a team as poor and arrogant as Aston Villas.
Spent in the wrong areas
Old 18-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGazpacho : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A long, long, long list of problems, some of which have been bubbling on for some time without any proper correction.

We are now in a tailspin and need a strong and effective management team to pull us out of the nosedive and get us flying evenly again.

The playing squad has all the hallmarks of Aston Villa 2 years ago where the spirit, desire and belief was missing from most of the players. Their recruitment was based on analytics which cannot measure heart, passion and character. Sakho and possibly a couple of others excepted. I believe there are a few who will do their very best.

Never have we spent so much in wages and fees and seen so little fight from such a bunch of over inflated egos.

Is Roy young and energetic enough to take on such a monumental task which should fill his every waking hour? Realistically probably not - but he will know the problems and Steve, the Board etc should at least listen to what he tells them and know that what he says will be honestly delivered.

For now we'll have to stick with what we have and hope that this squad discovers a backbone and some pride and stops being such a laughing stock and a pushover.

Last edited by Gazpacho; 18-09-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: addition
Old 22-09-2017, 10:05 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
That post is bollox.

What IF? Are you serious? We lost tamely at home again. We see some hope away from home and then it is crushed next home game.

Huddersfield ALL SHELLSHOCKED

Liverpool That is better, unlucky.

Swansea WTF is this now

Burnley This is better / dont sack him yet

Southampton Same as Swansea / no new manager boost for us.

Seriously, what are you watching/drinking?
I wasn't talking about the other games. Yes I get there the feeling fans have is not in isolation game wise though.

I accept that they did score early and we did not do enough to overcome that. We had a few big chances but not huge numbers of chances. They were kept quiet too though (although were 1-0 up so no need to push). Southampton have started slow but have some good players so losing 1-0 in a fairly even game (chance wise - games aren't won on possession etc) is not an awful start for a new manager when the place feels like it has been rocked by changes and he had 2 days to prepare the side.

My point was more that if we'd had scored an equaliser but played at the same level people would have a totally different perspective on the game as the polarisation in football (not just on here) is ridiculous.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball