Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-03-2007, 12:15 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Dunno how responsive they usually are to e-mails, but I'd give it a bit longer if I were you.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah I know. Was merely playing. One band emailed me several times in one evening then I heard nothing for 6 weeks. How did they do over in Texas?
Old 30-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Future?

mojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hey its a small world! Last week was on To view the link you have to Register or Login
and saw the NME new music tour and they are Headling the tour To view the link you have to Register or Login

So i have got myself a ticket for the Brighton gig!!
Looking forward to it, anyone else going?
Old 30-03-2007, 01:58 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
There's a Rumble Strips song on the CD from the latest Mojo.
Old 30-03-2007, 03:44 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maidstoned for the purposes of radio promotion I'm sure we can share a copy - I'll sort it, sorry I missed the post before!

The single's on general sale so you should be able to pick it up in HMV and so forth.
Old 31-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Scroatey
Maidstoned for the purposes of radio promotion I'm sure we can share a copy - I'll sort it, sorry I missed the post before!

The single's on general sale so you should be able to pick it up in HMV and so forth.
Haven't got HMV in Spain.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:23 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw them last Friday on XFM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

They were bloody awsome! Big thumbs up from me.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Played "Alarm Clock" on the show today. Good reaction.

Need to have a word about the "Hit Him With a Hammer" line though, I may sue for plagiarism!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
I enjoyed that Pete, good tune.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace Radio and CCFM in the first of many "link-ups"
Old 30-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Future?

mojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemojoeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw them live tonight down in Brighton, was impressed
Old 30-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Insert Better Username

lil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Saw them when the supported the Maccabees at the old market in brighton on 18th April, i was very impressed! very catchy and fun
Old 31-05-2007, 05:42 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Hi folks!

The Strips re-make of "Motorcycle" is out next week for your delight and enjoyment.

This was the version recorded in LA with producer Tony Hoffer. The original had a limited release of 600 pressings, but this time it is going major, through Island.

I think this new version is the best, although the video still shows the original. Listen for Charlie's extended falsetto at the end in this new version. Phenomenal!

The album release has been put back to August, which is a bit frustrating as I have heard all the tracks and there are some classic gems, IMHO, that will knock your socks off!
Old 31-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looking forward to trying to catch them at Glastonbury (eFestivals.co.uk says they are playing, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind confirming that a day early, would you?)

Alarm Clock is a fantastic little catchy tune.
Old 31-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Webb
Looking forward to trying to catch them at Glastonbury (eFestivals.co.uk says they are playing, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind confirming that a day early, would you?)

Alarm Clock is a fantastic little catchy tune.
Playing Glastonbury, Sunday 24th June @ 20:00, on the John Peel Stage -official!

Last edited by SE25 exile; 31-05-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Next single and debut album release

Hi Folks!

Latest on the Strips:

Their next single is "Girls and Boys in Love" out on 3rd September.

On this track, Henry and Tom abandon their usual horns for piano and bass, and what you get is a catchy and unashamed pop song with an infectious chorus that will have you singing in the rain, wind and sunshine of our fickle summer of love.

This song has been chosen as the principle music track for Simon Pegg's new comedy "Run, Fat Boy, Run!" to be premiered in October. David Schwimmer, the film's director, is apparently a fan of the Strips.

This is all a precursor to the lads long-awaited and overdue debut album "Girls and Weather" to be released just two weeks later on the 17th September. The album contains many of the traditional favourites, like "Alarm Clock" and "Motorcycle" but peppered with loads of new and experimental stuff, like "Clouds", "Don't Dumb Down" and "Cowboy".

My two best tips "Girls and Boys in Love" and "Building a Boat".

Hope you like it all though!
Old 13-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I completely forgot they were your sons band, SE25 exile, they're pretty darn good!
Old 13-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
I completely forgot they were your sons band, SE25 exile, they're pretty darn good!
Ta! RDS

They are touring the West Country for a week starting tonight in Exeter's "Cavern", and tomorrow I shall be attending one of the gigs in Tavistock, standing at the back of course with a low profile to avoid my son's embarrassment.

They move on to the V Festival at the weekend, and have a packed schedule beyond that before touring in America in November.

Channel 4 have been good to them, with three programmed appearances in the last two months, and they are rumoured for Jooles Holland's "Late" for the next series. Will keep you posted once I get confirmation.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
I saw them at the Latitude Festival and I was impressed. Great to bounce around to.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 13-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
looking forward to seeing them at V

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...