Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Country Music

Having lived in Carolina since May, I've been exposed to this phenomenon known as 'country music'.

It's pretty good really, if you can overcome the sneering, condescending attitude that most people seem to have for it. Like most forms of music there's good and bad artists, some cheesy songs but some very good ones.

Does anyone else out there admit to this guilty pleasure and are willing to come out of the closet?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Yeah! I don't know much about it but I like a lot of the old stuff (Hank Williams &c.). I do also like Kenny and Dolly which is probably wrong of me.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glen Campbell = absolutely great.

Most other stuff probably rubbish.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Seig Neil

hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!hoopsmccan knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Theme tune to "The Beverly Hillbillies" was good.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Little Angel

Blue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly Butterfield
I grew up with Dad listening to Marty Robbins - I still love his ballads and trail songs.

I don't like the lovey dovey country music though.

Flowers from Brumie Allan (Thank you kind Sir)
Old 05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM

xmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Johnny Cash - Patsy Cline - Hank Williams.

But I'm a bit old school when it comes to my country music.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You are not alone. I find myself liking it more and more.

Not that I hear too much of it in the Caribbean. A Rasta singing Rascal Flatts or Dolly Parton would make me think that I have been smoking some of what they were on
Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
oh yeah, Johnny Cash, he rocks too.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy
Yeah! I don't know much about it but I like a lot of the old stuff (Hank Williams &c.). I do also like Kenny and Dolly which is probably wrong of me.
Fittingly, given your nick, Hank Williams Jr did a good cover of 'A country boy can survive'

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
George Jones is an absolute great. I like country music a lot, and western's pretty good, too.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Yup, I like a bit of country. Dixie Chicks (seen them play at Albert Hall) being my faves.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally posted by hoopsmccan
Theme tune to "The Beverly Hillbillies" was good.
Amusing spoof commercial of the Beverly Hillbillies by an insurance company called Geico out here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
oh yeah, Johnny Cash, he rocks too.
Sure does. Bought a live album of his recently.
Little Angel

Blue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly ButterfieldBlue Spice is utterly Butterfield
Like some of Johnny Cash's songs - especially those he did on an album with Marty Robbens - but I HATE the fact that I can't sing along - there is just no way I can get my voice to the right sort of pitch!

Flowers from Brumie Allan (Thank you kind Sir)
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
the only music that makes me want to die
Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Dolly, all good stuff.

Garth Brooks however is a twat.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
A rare visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
the only music that makes me want to die
That used to be my perception until I went to Texas. It's actually not all about dogs dying and granny's falling off cliffs and stuff.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 PM

xmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
It's actually not all about dogs dying and granny's falling off cliffs and stuff.
But that's the good stuff!