Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-04-2009, 08:30 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Charley Pride Crystal Chandeliers

"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:35 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Old 17-04-2009, 08:37 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I read recently that apparently almost all early modern American music came from huns - whether Scotch/Irish/English folk, or black Baptist-types. I need to find out where I saw this, and then I'll let His Holiness know who to unleash his wingéd monkeys on.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash are legends
Old 17-04-2009, 08:39 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash are legends
Waylon Jennings is a great call.

Johnny Cash ruled. End of.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:39 PM

modernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemodernsouler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Old 17-04-2009, 08:44 PM
XXVII

Doris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDoris.x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Marty Robbins
Kenny Rodgers
Dolly Parton
Crystal Gayle
Boxcar Willie
Faron Young...............

........to name but a few
Old 17-04-2009, 08:46 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLizzy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I thought I'd get right royally picked on for starting this thread.

For those of you that haven't heard her, I urge you listen to some Laura Cantrell.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
I read recently that apparently almost all early modern American music came from huns - whether Scotch/Irish/English folk, or black Baptist-types. I need to find out where I saw this, and then I'll let His Holiness know who to unleash his wingéd monkeys on.
Thank goodness the Boomtown Rats and U2 came along to tip the scales once more towards the side of righteousness.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy
I thought I'd get right royally picked on for starting this thread.

For those of you that haven't heard her, I urge you listen to some Laura Cantrell.
I have recorded her. She's on a record we put out last year.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:49 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris.x
Boxcar Willie
Old 17-04-2009, 08:50 PM
hockey mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
I have recorded her. She's on a record we put out last year.
I her
Old 17-04-2009, 08:52 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Waylon Jennings - Good Hearted Woman

Tune
Old 17-04-2009, 08:54 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila
Thank goodness the Boomtown Rats and U2 came along to tip the scales once more towards the side of righteousness.
Thank you.

Anyway, one for Elizabeth - cheesy as hell, but I like it:

Old 17-04-2009, 08:56 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Kenny Rogers - Ruby

I've posted this on loads of thread before, but what the hell, wcb likes it as well.

Old 17-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sorry - it wasn't a music snob trap or anything: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I have a couple of his choons, but only from off of Mojo CDs.
I've got those Mojo CDs too, WCB/El Aguila... Cisco Houston doing Dark As A Dungeon is a terrific song. I couldn't find it on You Tube, but I've posted Johnny Cash's version...

I'm feeling my way very cautiously into country music, to which I confess I've held a lifetime's aversion. Red necks and cowboy hats are not my thing, but there are of course always exceptions. Johnny Cash was a top man...

Last edited by Tony; 17-04-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:05 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No Hank Williams mentioned yet? A shameful oversight. I've seen Move It On Over from 1947 mentioned as a contender for the title of "first ever rock and roll record". I don't know about that, and don't much care as I don't think such a thing really exists, but have a listen to this and you can certainly hear where people like Elvis were coming from ten years later and you can imagine what it would sound like when people started to mix a bit of R&B and Blues with it.

Old 17-04-2009, 09:22 PM

For anyone interested in how it all started to come together, I can't recommend this set enough, it's brilliant I promise.

At a bargain price, you get 4 CDs - one of Blues and RnB, one of DooWop, and one of Hillbilly and Country, plus a final disc that shows how all those influences began to combine into what became "rock and roll".

Many of them are fantastic songs in their own right and the CDs show very neatly the overlooked contribution that country music played and how we got from Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup, Ike Turner's Kings of Rhythm/Jackie Brenston and Hank Williams and Bill Monroe to finish up with Elvis and Bill Haley.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31DXX7SD8AL._SL500_AA160_.jpg (12.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 17-04-2009, 09:33 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thank you.

Anyway, one for Elizabeth - cheesy as hell, but I like it:

Oh yes, had this in my head last night.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:35 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernsouler