Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-10-2011, 11:51 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair
True. Everyone seems to forget that they were never that good live.
Where do you see them?

I saw them at the ICA in '89.
I'm not a huge fan, but they were fantastic live.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have to say The Second Coming has grown on me in a big way in recent years. Because it took so long to appear I'd always considered it an anticlimax in comparison to the first album but if you listen to it appreciating that it's meant to be different there's some stonking tracks on there.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
Have to say The Second Coming has grown on me in a big way in recent years. Because it took so long to appear I'd always considered it an anticlimax in comparison to the first album but if you listen to it appreciating that it's meant to be different there's some stonking tracks on there.
It's great, as long as you like Led Zep.

I really like it, but it is a departure from the first album.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:03 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
Where do you see them?

Leicester University 1989
De Montfort Hall 1995

Crap both times, sorry.

Still love that first album though. Sally Cinnamon/Elephant Stone good too.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo
2 dates announced for Heaton Park with a 3rd date if demand is there to be announced apparently.
I'm assuming that's in the north.

bloody northerners
Old 18-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
It's great, as long as you like Led Zep.

I really like it, but it is a departure from the first album.
Yep, the first album will always bring back memories of walking to school smoking a joint listening to it through headphones on my Walkman for me, the kind of album you get lost in
Old 18-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I'm assuming that's in the north.

bloody northerners
Manchester

That was the rumour last week too. There were some other suggestions that there would be more dates/venues. We'll see.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Yep, the first album will always bring back memories of walking to school smoking a joint listening to it through headphones on my Walkman for me, the kind of album you get lost in
Ahhhhh....happy days.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Polak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Didn't you know where your school was then?

Joking aside, it was a fantastic album. Plus the live DVD was awesome.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:16 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
True. Everyone seems to forget that they were never that good live.
Like all bands some of their live performances were better then others. Weak link was obviously the vocals but to disregard a rythm section of Mani and Reni and a guitarist as Never that good seems a bit surprising.

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Smudging at Selhurst

smudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista
Where do you see them?

I saw them around 87 i reckon (but cant recall exactly when) supporting Flesh for LuLu at Croydon Underground - they really were awesome. IB had a long mic lead and stood at the back of the hall and sang facing the band behind the audience - it was crazy but he was so cocky even then.

Then saw them later the same year at an empty Kingston Polly (only 6 other people in the crowd including fellow BBSer 'kick it Doris')

the same month that the first album came out to rave reviews i went to see them Camden Dingwals - had to queue for ages and only just got in. that was the last time i saw them.

All great, great gigs. Happy memories - but blimey i feel old
Old 18-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse
Like all bands some of their live performances were better then others. Weak link was obviously the vocals but to disregard a rythm section of Mani and Reni and a guitarist as Never that good seems a bit surprising.

This. Reni was/is an excellent drummer, Squire a fantastic guitarist and Mani weren't bad either.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Is happening apparently. Although I'm a big fan and will probably go to the gigs part of me thinks this is not a good idea.
I thought that when I went to see the Sex Pistols a few years back, they were friggin' brilliant
Old 18-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It'd be mad not to play London.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Lovely

Quote:
It'd be mad not to play London.
Yup, but they are Manc lads.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:40 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgerseagles
I saw them around 87 i reckon (but cant recall exactly when) supporting Flesh for LuLu at Croydon Underground - they really were awesome. IB had a long mic lead and stood at the back of the hall and sang facing the band behind the audience - it was crazy but he was so cocky even then.
Blimey, were they still a goth band at this point? I've seen the photos. Frilly shirts and everything.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Eep! Woot!

but a large reason for reforming must be money, and there's more folk down here.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Lovely

Quote:
but a large reason for reforming must be money, and there's more folk down here.
Yup, but they rarely applied logical thought to anything bless them.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Blimey, were they still a goth band at this point? I've seen the photos. Frilly shirts and everything.
Yeah, that would have been around the time they brought out So Young. I have a live bootleg from then (Live at Walsall Junction) but the sound quality is piss poor
Old 18-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So what happened to Squire and his staunch opposition to denigrating the memory of the Stone Roses? I know the answer is probably money but it will be interesting to hear his u turn explained.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...