Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-11-2016, 05:56 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshneil View Post
I went to the old stadium and saw Live Aid, then Nick Lowe/UB40/Santana/Bob Dylan. These days I avoid bigger venues if I can, usually bad sound and totally impersonal.
spot b0II0ck ^^^^

When you reach middle-age (and beyond), you tend to have seen all your favourites, at whatever venue.
After that, you tend to want a seat and decent bar service and proper sound and not need a telescope to see the band play.

It would take a formidable reunion/comeback by an artist to lure me to Wembley Stadium, or similar.
My live music experiences now are mostly by local bands in the village pub, or the local theatres.

That's what getting old does to you
Old 13-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
But it's OK for a football match?
No, it's not OK anywhere - thankfully haven't been kept in at any away games in recent years, but I can remember going to places like Stamford Bridge 25 years ago and been kept in there for an hour or so after the final whistle and having to stand in there in crap weather conditions (bastards)
Old 13-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw Metallica play there in 2008. It was awesome.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Model for Ruddock & Molby

TWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best concerts I've ever seen were Springsteens "Born In The USA" shows there back in 1985, and that includes the Live Aid show the following week.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:16 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Saw Michael Jackson at the old Wembley. Went there under duress as my mates were fans. Got there hours early and kept telling myself I wish I hadn't bothered. But to my surprise he totally won me over. Thought he was brilliant. What a performer. Although it didn't feel like a music concert - more something theatrical.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw The Who, Status Quo, ELO and Rod Stewart at the old stadium
Old 21-01-2017, 12:38 AM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Awful venue for live music in my experience.

If you can get there very early to be able to get a half decent view but then the downside is £6 for warm beer

In fact same can be said for any stadium/outdoor gigs

Avoid
Old 06-02-2017, 08:44 PM

Alfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw a lot at the old stadium plus a few in the arena, but only been to one in the new stadium , A c d c agree with the over priced shit beer