Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 14-12-2016, 08:38 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Support bands that sucked

I saw Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour 1987 at Wemberlee stadium.

Supporting was the hugely popular Paul Young. The crowd had been prepping itself an hour beforehand.
As Mr Young took to the stage and his band struck-up, hundreds of plastic bottles of pi$$ were thrown onto the stage.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to walk off!", threatened Paul Young to the crowd.

There followed an avalanche of bottles of pi$$ being thrown at him,.....and Paul Young carried on. Some people just don't get subtle hints
Old 14-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I saw a band called bumblebeez81 open for Radiohead. 2 nights in a row they were so bad the crowd booed and they stormed off stage both nights
Old 14-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Bizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't remember who they supported , it was someone at the concorde but Razorlight were awful.
Old 14-12-2016, 09:54 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Patrik Fitgerald, folk Punk poet had a dart thrown at him almost as soon as walking onto the stage at an anti Nazi league gig in Victoria Park in 1978 and walked off (iirc, the gig, the date and the actual event). he was supporting all of the other bands there.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw Lady Antebellum supporting Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park and it was some of the worst music I have ever heard.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post

Supporting was the hugely popular Paul Young. The crowd had been prepping itself an hour beforehand.
As Mr Young took to the stage and his band struck-up, hundreds of plastic bottles of pi$$ were thrown onto the stage.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to walk off!", threatened Paul Young to the crowd.

There followed an avalanche of bottles of pi$$ being thrown at him,.....and Paul Young carried on. Some people just don't get subtle hints
The poppy shit that Genesis have produced and they have the audacity to throw the piss at Paul Young.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:16 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
The Black Crowes - Refused to play when supporting Rolling Stones at Wembley because it was raining and they were scared. Didn't go down well.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Toploader. A bit like Simply Red, but worse.

Yes that is possible - I didn't believe it myself until that day.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post

I saw Genesis as a support band to Roy Harper sometime in the late 60s. They were dreadful. A couple of their songs were so pretentious that the audience just laughed at them. I suppose they did improve a few years later.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:35 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt View Post
I saw Lady Antebellum supporting Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park and it was some of the worst music I have ever heard.
Careful....there are a lot of fans of The Boss on here.
Old 14-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Matt Fretton supporting Depeche Mode. Weird skinny fella in pink suit, dancing around in front of a reel to reel tape recorder. Fell over.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:12 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ray Davies at Fuji Rock a couple of years back. Terrible. I was so disappointed.
Old 14-12-2016, 01:44 PM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Marxman supporting Depeche Mode at the Crystal Palace Sports Centre in 1993, dull, shite hip-hop with an Irish 'twinge', think their career imploded shortly after.

Donovan supporting the Happy Mondays at Wembley Arena approx 1990/91 - maybe his albums sounded great when the Mondays were not so straight, but his appearance was a waste of time for everyone involved, including the audience.

RTX supporting Primal Scream at Hammersmith Apollo 7 or 8 years ago, dull, dirgey, crap grunge, they usually have decent support acts so God knows who thought it would be good to invite these along.
Old 14-12-2016, 05:12 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
I saw a band called bumblebeez81 open for Radiohead. 2 nights in a row they were so bad the crowd booed and they stormed off stage both nights
I saw Radiohead support Belly at the T+C and James at Derby in 93. They were utter shite both times.

Back on thread, Stereophonics.
Old 14-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw Alabama 3 as a support act a fair few years back, and they came on and did a superb acoustic rendition of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" that had me quite interested. It then degenerated into complete shit, including a 10 minute rant by the lead singer about how anyone born in the 80s was the result of an LSD-driven affair between their Mum and (I think) the postman.
Old 15-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
I saw Genesis as a support band to Roy Harper sometime in the late 60s. They were dreadful. A couple of their songs were so pretentious that the audience just laughed at them. I suppose they did improve a few years later.
Can you remember where?

Les Cousins, Roundhouse, Ronnie Scott's
Old 15-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Can you remember where?

Les Cousins, Roundhouse, Ronnie Scott's
It was a place in North London called the Country Club. It was near Highgate Cemetery if my memory serves me well. Also saw Fairport Convention there in 1968.
Old 16-12-2016, 03:26 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
It was a place in North London called the Country Club. It was near Highgate Cemetery if my memory serves me well. Also saw Fairport Convention there in 1968.
Never went to the Country Club even though I was living in Hertfordshire at the time.
Saw Roy Harper and Fairport many times in the 1969/71 period. Mainly at the Royal Festival Hall.
Old 16-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Thinking

Anyway back on track.

In 1968 went to Royal Festival Hall to see Roy Harper and Tyrannosaurus Rex. The first act on stage was a bloke called David Bowie.

Some of the audience booed him. He was doing mime at that time with a strong anti-US theme. Probably lots of Americans in the audience.
Old 16-12-2016, 04:51 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Anyway back on track.

In 1968 went to Royal Festival Hall to see Roy Harper and Tyrannosaurus Rex. The first act on stage was a bloke called David Bowie.

Some of the audience booed him. He was doing mime at that time with a strong anti-US theme. Probably lots of Americans in the audience.
Young ones maybe