Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-12-2016, 11:39 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I saw Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour 1987 at Wemberlee stadium.

Supporting was the hugely popular Paul Young. The crowd had been prepping itself an hour beforehand.
As Mr Young took to the stage and his band struck-up, hundreds of plastic bottles of pi$$ were thrown onto the stage.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to walk off!", threatened Paul Young to the crowd.

There followed an avalanche of bottles of pi$$ being thrown at him,.....and Paul Young carried on. Some people just don't get subtle hints
I would think having piss thrown at you by people prepared to pay money to watch genesis would be reassuring rather than upsetting.
Old 16-12-2016, 11:44 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
In fairness to support acts.. They are often on to a loser. I don't really include big events as the same as being a "support act" though. However if you see a band support at places like brixton, the forum or the shepherds bush empire. They are often perched at the front of the stage with a sound clearly set up for the band that everyone is there to see and no one is really that bothered about them. It seems like a pretty thankless task to me. So the ones that aren't forgettable stick out more than the ones that are shit.

I recall enjoying mansun support shed 7 (or it might have been the charlatans) once.
Old 16-12-2016, 11:56 AM

Sodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betraySodermalm is like ice, their footing does betray
Texas supported Simple Minds at the old Wembley Stadium and made me almost fall asleep
Old 16-12-2016, 12:38 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Texas supported Simple Minds at the old Wembley Stadium and made me almost fall asleep
I was at that. If I remember right they did a cover of Sweet child of mine which went down well but they were otherwise bland. I was so caned I don't think it really registered.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:01 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In November 1984 I saw Level 42 in Amsterdam. The support band were call American Gypsy. They played two numbers then there PA blew up. They soldiered on and did one 'accoustic' number then wandered off stage never to be seen again.
Level 42 were good though.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:15 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Brian Fallon at the concorde, he had his guitarist do the support slot - on his own - with an electric guitar, the sound was awful but even allowing for that it was the worst support slot I have ever seen, only lasted about 25 minutes though, which was good.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:40 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got a reverse of this.

Went to see The Boomtown Rats (minus Sir Bob) a few years back. Supported by Eddy & The Hot Rods. Eddy & The Hot Rods were superb and we commented as they left the stage that The Rats would have to be good to follow that. They were pretty ordinary frankly so it's just as well their "support" act was so good.
Old 16-12-2016, 01:44 PM

sloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Band called Gallon Drunk supporting Madness and ID and the Blockheads at Finsbury. Got deluged with bottles about 2nd song in and had to evacuate the stage.
Old 16-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Saw a band called Twisted Wheel support Oasis in 2008. Came out, started slagging everyone off for being southern softies, made a racket & walked off. Pretty sure they got chucked off the tour after that.
Old 16-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloworm View Post
Band called Gallon Drunk supporting Madness and ID and the Blockheads at Finsbury. Got deluged with bottles about 2nd song in and had to evacuate the stage.
They are a great band.
Old 16-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Went to see Queen at Wembley in 1985, INXS were supporting, not sure what they had for dinner that day, but they stunk the place out!

The difference between Mercury and Hutchence was astronomical!

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 05-01-2017, 07:40 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Danny Wilson (Mary's Prayer) support Chris DeBurgh...YES thankfully my music tastes have changed drastically since I was 15! Danny Wilson were called Perfect Strangers at the time and they were BORING as ****. When I got friendly with a London pub band called The 45's, their bassist told me he had just joined them. I saw them again then called Dream Kitchen supporting The Europeans and they were better! I finally saw them as Danny Wilson and have been a huge fan ever since.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:19 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Tubigrip was always rubbish. Got wet, muddy and lost its support pretty much straight away.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I saw Alabama 3 as a support act a fair few years back, and they came on and did a superb acoustic rendition of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" that had me quite interested. It then degenerated into complete shit, including a 10 minute rant by the lead singer about how anyone born in the 80s was the result of an LSD-driven affair between their Mum and (I think) the postman.
That sounds superb

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-01-2017, 09:34 PM

ob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Public Service Broadcasting supporting The Kaiser Chiefs at Bournemouth international centre a couple of years ago.What can i say about them? Well they may be unique,i have never heard anything like it in my life,no singing they just play some music and make announcements over it,maybe our new PA guy i keep reading moans about could go and tour with them! the only positive i can say is i didn't hate it as much as er indoors did!
Kaisers were really good though.