Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BROS

I was in the same year as these chaps at Collingwood School in Camberley, Surrey. They are as 'East Lundun' as Danny Dyer, or Dick van Dyke.
See the twins are trying to raise a bit of cash, but it's not going great
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I used to sit next to Craig Logan during our Geography O level retakes.
(1986)
He said they had a record deal for a band called "Cities of Egypt" in 1986
He failed his O level, but I passed mine. and look where we ended up ?

I saw him and the twins moving from a terraced house on an estate, and a few years later I had reached the heights of dustman, and was collecting rubbish from their gated mansion.
And when I say 'rubbish', there was always bags of unopened cards, cuddly toys and loads of bunches of flowers. Binmans paradise

The twins were always arrogant thwats, and I threatened to batter both of them on one occasion at school. They melted. Probably afraid I'd mess their hair up

Amazing that such talentless fckwits can achieve so much
Old 07-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Extraordinary that they can sell out the 02 at all. Except that most of the tickets are probably available from touts on resell sites - which are mostly owned by the ticket agencies who sold the tickets in the first place. It's all a massive scam. Hopefully the touts will lose money on this one. Bros were shit after all.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:18 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Why the f*ck is this in the Music Forum?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Extraordinary that they can sell out the 02 at all. Except that most of the tickets are probably available from touts on resell sites - which are mostly owned by the ticket agencies who sold the tickets in the first place. It's all a massive scam. Hopefully the touts will lose money on this one. Bros were shit after all.
Aye. Hopefully they caught a cold on this one.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 07-03-2017, 01:00 PM

Sluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSluggo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I was in the same year as these chaps at Collingwood School in Camberley, Surrey. They are as 'East Lundun' as Danny Dyer, or Dick van Dyke.

(1986)

I saw him and the twins moving from a terraced house on an estate, and a few years later I had reached the heights of dustman, and was collecting rubbish from their gated mansion.
And when I say 'rubbish', there was always bags of unopened cards, cuddly toys and loads of bunches of flowers. Binmans paradise

The twins were always arrogant thwats, and I threatened to batter both of them on one occasion at school. They melted. Probably afraid I'd mess their hair up

Mrs Sluggo also went to Collingwood, she would have been a couple of years behind you, but she knew the Bros boys. I believe she is still in contact with Craig's brother. Craig has help him out over the years I understand.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM

nickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had to cancel their Nottingham gig becuase if poor ticket sales.
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace - and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."
Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 07-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I always liked the fact that when Viz christened them "Matt, Luke and Ken" Logan had a hissy fit.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:51 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They're a few years older than me but I remember them mincing around the town centre with hair down to their arses. Now it only grows out of their arses. Probably, I don't know that.

Pretty sure they lived in Brackendale Road in a nice house before they were famous, but maybe they already had a recording contract at that point?

I highly doubt they are skint now as they've worked pretty steadily since their peak plus I'll bet the royalties are still decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post

(1986)

Old 07-03-2017, 01:53 PM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Werent the spice girls formed in Camberley as well ?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:00 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure. 5ive were, I think and Five Star lived in Camberley for a while before moving up the A30 to a mansion in Sunningdale. I used to work in Waitrose on Saturdays and the two blokes from Five Star would come in and hang around for no good reason - look, help me stack these tins of beans Delroy or piss off, alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Werent the spice girls formed in Camberley as well ?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Naughty but nice

fioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
Not sure. 5ive were, I think and Five Star lived in Camberley for a while before moving up the A30 to a mansion in Sunningdale. I used to work in Waitrose on Saturdays and the two blokes from Five Star would come in and hang around for no good reason - look, help me stack these tins of beans Delroy or piss off, alright?
Bet they were always there..Rain or Shine?

CPFC - Top 2 Tiers 1977 to ----

Seasons in the Top Flight - CPFC - 18 BHAFC - 5
Brig**on - Taking it since 1901
Old 07-03-2017, 02:25 PM

We couldn't 'wait another minute' for them to bugger off. The manager used to tell us not to encourage them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fioreuk View Post
Bet they were always there..Rain or Shine?
Old 07-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
One of them was a smackhead for a while wasn't he?
Old 07-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Naughty but nice

fioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
One of them was a smackhead for a while wasn't he?
Smackhead or Dickhead? Both probably.

Was it 5Star that someone called Swap Shop and gave a load of abuse over phone on live TV?

Old 07-03-2017, 03:20 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Why the f*ck is this in the Music Forum?
Well that's put the cat among the pigeons.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:39 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I always liked the fact that when Viz christened them "Matt, Luke and Ken" Logan had a hissy fit.
It was Smash Hits, not Viz.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:27 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I have a Bros promo tape pre-record contract and on the cover they have longish hair and look like a rock band.

How things changed once they were signed up.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fioreuk View Post
Smackhead or Dickhead? Both probably.

Was it 5Star that someone called Swap Shop and gave a load of abuse over phone on live TV?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Naughty but nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
That was the one.

Consumate professionalism from Sarah Greene.."Thanks very much Elliott"