Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-04-2017, 08:02 AM

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Judas Wright in today's Sun

Anyone read his comments in the interview with Tony McCoy?

He says that " Palace fans have a problem with me because they are jealous of my love of Arsenal" and "I will always be grateful for what they did for me but Arsenal is my favourite club"

It is a shame Wright did not admit Palace fans have a problem with him for kissing the badge and celebrating like a lunatic when scoring against us and calling us "w@nkers" during goal celebrations in the League Cup semi.

Those who sang his name at the Wembley Cup Final last year when he was parading around the pitch pre game for TV, should be embarrassed.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:06 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I still love him.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
His story changes depending on who he's talking to. He'd probably declare his love for Spurs if in the company of enough of them.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:12 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Nothing to see here, he always says what is expedient for him at the time he says it; over the years he's supported various clubs, including Arsenal and Millwall, and always wanted to play for Arsenal, West Ham, Celtic etc etc.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:13 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Probably my all time favourite player but still a dickhead.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
He was lost to me a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Before my time but comes across as though he wants to be recognised as a Palace cult hero when things are rosey.

Clinton Morrison.

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just thought it appropriate to remind those maybe a bit too young to remember those days.....that when they see him at a game next time, not to inflate his already massive ego. Would love to have seen him get the same abuse Mullery got at the Spurs cup game last season. (admittedly he did more for Palace than Mullery!)
Old 28-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Penguin Liberation Front

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
He even said he liked Millwall as a kid.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:18 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
He even said he liked Millwall as a kid.
He did. Watched their home games.

He was talking to Tony McKoy who is an Arsenal fan of sorts, family in Muswell Hill iirc.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:25 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
What order did it come in? Us singing about him being illegitimate and him kissing the badge? It kind of matters doesn't it?
Old 28-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think both us and him were at fault for the badge and for the name calling. Better to draw a line and respect the time he was here. Regardless of anything nobody can deny the impact that he had as a player here. One of a handful of genuine superstars to have played for the club and I'm happy to leave it as that
Old 28-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
What order did it come in? Us singing about him being illegitimate and him kissing the badge? It kind of matters doesn't it?
Aye. And if i remember correctly "we started it", so I for one don't blame him for retaliating.

I also don't get why people think that because he played for us, he must support us. I don't like the company I work for, but they pay my wages, so I'll put up with it.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:32 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Once I accepted that he is a guy that just says whatever is in his head at the time and that tomorrow he probably will say the total opposite I gave myself permission to love him again.

In terms of excitement cannot think of a player who has given us more than him and to me there are no more iconic photos representing our club than any of the ones of Ian Wright, wheeling away face full of uncontrolled joy, just after he has scored. It brings pride, joy and a little tear knowing that at the time he embodied everything about being Palace. At those very moments both his heart and head were Palace, and at the end of the day that should be what matters to us, not the confused nonsense he has since spouted.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:34 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPeanutSeller View Post
Aye. And if i remember correctly "we started it", so I for one don't blame him for retaliating.

I also don't get why people think that because he played for us, he must support us. I don't like the company I work for, but they pay my wages, so I'll put up with it.

He tipped his postie when he lived in Bishops Walk.

He is just playing to the gallery. I'm not jealous of him... wish him no harm.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:35 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace fans turned on Wright before the badge kissing. Graffiti on his family home and chants at the match.

Palace have a nasty streak when it comes to certain former players. The booing of Scannell on his return to Selhurst was unforgivable. I wasn't at Goodison, but find it hard to see how Bolasie could have ended up being similarly targetted either.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:36 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I still quite like wrighty. I'm 35 now so he was the all scoring super hero that was part of starting my love for football and palace. I was probably too young to really appreciate the bitter taint that followed with the badge stuff afterwards.

I don't really want to change that and when England are on he's been the only pundit that ever has any enthusiasm or actually says it as it is. Watching England has been a slog in recent years and he's actually stayed way more interested than me.

He's alright.

Last edited by bigend1; 28-04-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He made his bed a long time ago.

Self publicising tosser.
Old 28-04-2017, 08:39 AM

Littlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm over the whole leaving for Arsenal and have been for a long time, my issue with him lately has been him using his close friendship with Wenger or "the boss" to keep appearing on radio shows giving an insight into what AW's future. Surely if he is such a friend, you wouldn't divulge information from what was a private chat?
Old 28-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Probably some people abusing his mum and daubing racist shit on her house when he first signed for them came before those.