Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-07-2017, 05:16 PM

headliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
FDB Too intense?

FDB has seemed VERY intense from day one. I have hardly seen the players smile or laugh once during the training photos (apart from when they are mucking about between themselves). It must be a bit of a culture shock after Big Sam's more relaxed approach, but they all do look very miserable when FDB is about!

Hopefully it's just when the cameras and videos are rolling, but I hope that training is more of a balance of intensity and 'fun' than we see on the vids.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be taking the job seriously but good morale is an important element in any job surely?
Old 18-07-2017, 05:18 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What. The. F**k?

How on earth can anyone outside the camp have a single clue what morale is like, whether he is too intense, all fun and games or anything. Personally I want other players and clubs to look at those videos and go oh shit they look good rather than a new millennium crazy gang.

As long as we win when the season starts I couldn't give a shit.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Forgive me for not giving a shit that the manager isn't juggling the role of football manager with that of Butlins Red Coat for our multi millionaire players.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:26 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
FDB has seemed VERY intense from day one. I have hardly seen the players smile or laugh once during the training photos (apart from when they are mucking about between themselves). It must be a bit of a culture shock after Big Sam's more relaxed approach, but they all do look very miserable when FDB is about!

Hopefully it's just when the cameras and videos are rolling, but I hope that training is more of a balance of intensity and 'fun' than we see on the vids.

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be taking the job seriously but good morale is an important element in any job surely?
Like the Pardew regime?That was so laid back they didn't even bother training!What nonsense.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:30 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
We should go back to letting them do what they wanted under Pardew or having shots on goal 5 minutes before kick off with a player as a keeper like under Warnock.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:39 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FDB talking to a cleaned up Johnny Williams ...

"Hey Mutch, is that a jelly donut I see in your foot locker????"
Old 18-07-2017, 05:39 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 18-07-2017, 05:41 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
FFS , do you not remember last season , how amazing we had to play towards the end , just to SURVIVE , & now we're (FDB) being to intense , it should be bloody intense , change of culture this season m8 , play this way or you are out is what I'm thinking.

We can either be more expansive this season & grow as a team & club because of it or sit on the back foot , counter attack & get played at our own game , we've been Sussed out m8 it's time for change not blame.

FDB is not an idiot , he's an experienced international who played alongside superstars in his career & I bet he can spot a lazy player far better & sooner than most people , IMO this is what hurt us so badly last season as when you play 1 way EVERYBODY has to be chomping at the bit.

I'm assuming that the Misery you saw on players faces is actually concentration

COYP
Old 18-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Legednary typo's

passion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I suspect more 'highly professional' than 'too intense'
Old 18-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
They should be running around until they're sick before being plunged into ice filled wheelie bins.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:45 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've heard FDB has all the players' mothers chained up in a basement and the old dears are in for it unless we perform. That FDB is a hard taskmaster. A man not to be trifled with.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:46 PM
pdemeagle @eaglism

eaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seriously OP ?

How about this for a more likely scenario.........

FDB is probably the most successful former player we've had as a manager and not all that long ago it was that he was he a top player, being in my lifetime and probably in the lifetimes of our current squad too !

Therefore I would think it is more likely that what you believe you are seeing is actually a bunch of players being very serious about doing their best at all times to impress a man who, they probably know inside, was more successful as a player than they likely ever will be.

I am in the sort of career myself where I can and have had a boss who one would look upto as a top example of how to do my job and was well known because of this, in a circumstance like that, such as our players find themselves in under FDB, one tries your best to look capable and useful and not clowning around and being small fry.

So basically, try being positive about it and hope that playing for a very successful former player rubs off on our squad In the best possible way. COYP !

Proud of the lads that saved us in 2010/11 and of the Lads who brought us up 2012/13 and then kept us in the PL in 2013/14, at last !

Honestly never thought I'd see a CPFC win at Old Trafford in my Lifetime, I will always remember Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace on 30/11/11, not to mention Dazzas Goal :D
Old 18-07-2017, 05:48 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
They should be running around until they're sick before being plunged into ice filled wheelie bins.
Bin em like cats?
Old 18-07-2017, 05:49 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Bin em like cats?
Also **** off little al
Old 18-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Also **** off little al
Also smiley
Old 18-07-2017, 05:56 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I think I would trust De Boer's stance on players focus as opposed to BFS. De Boer was a world class player, Allardyce was an ex-Millwall journeyman.

I hope De Boer's influence rubs off on some.

Plus, I met De Boer on Saturday and he is a top guy. Selfie and autographs for everyone who wanted one. Even took his time when people couldn't get their camera focussed.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm all for intense and focused after last season's Fred Karno's circus.

COYP!
Old 18-07-2017, 06:00 PM

colin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is finecolin61 is happy as a lark and everything is fine
You can tell all that from 2 or 3 minute videos which show the team doing training drills , we don't see what's happening after & before they start don't try & make something out of nothing
Old 18-07-2017, 06:00 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
******* hell... really?
Old 18-07-2017, 06:05 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some people just like to make a fuss.