Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The arguing about stuff was always the same, but the willingness of people to attack each other with personal shit - about jobs or family etc - feels like it has deteriorated.
It does. Stalking has become a industry on the bbs for a few to try to silence those they disagree with. Not exactly a pleasant place if you hold an alternative view now. But we plod on.

We decide not the EU
@GuyVerhofstadt.@EmmanuelMacron spoke about an open door for the UK. I agree. But it will be a brand new door, to a new united Europe with real powers. Very ominous.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 12-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
It started in 1999. We're now nearly twenty years on and the world has changed in so many ways. It's no surprise it's different on here, too.

Years back, it seemed a more 'dangerous' place. The insults would fly and there seemed few limits to what was tolerated. Of course, the previous may be complete fantasy due to me struggling to remember what I did last week, let alone how a message board was in 2000, but that's how I think it was at least. In fact, maybe that's how it still is. Nurse, when does my reminiscences class begin?

There used to be things on the site like people posting social-type pictures in the gallery, BBS meet-ups at Christmas and the like. Those things don't seem to happen any longer.

The bottom-line is people have aged. I was 37 when I joined, 12 years off 25. Now I'm 12 years off 67. Younger people seem fewer in number here. Grumpy old men like me have multiplied. I often think of what the BBS will be in another 20 years, with lots of near octogenarians posting threads about the most durable Tena pants to get you through 90 minutes at Selhurst Park, the availability of Palace rollators and four-wheel-drive motobility scooters in the club colours.

It probably needs a major injection of new blood, but is new blood attracted to posting anything more than 140 characters nowadays?

I still find the BBS a great resource for all things Palace. The political stuff, I steer well clear of generally. And do I miss 'classics' of the past like Trolley? No, I don't.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
I blame Brexit.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Not exactly a pleasant place if you hold an alternative view now. But we plod on.
It doesn't matter how many times we have this discussion Biggin, I just don't think it's possible for a sheep to consent, no matter how much you feel it loves you
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fat men can't draw apples.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The same four posters hijack every thread which is why many dont post anymore.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
I dont think its any better or worse than it has ever been. It's just different?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
There's more debate and generally i think more knowledgable posters about football and all the other stuff. But that means it's less silly and more intense
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Is it the beer?

ozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepozieaglesimon lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Missing a new 'classic' thread. Paint, Blue Tac Otter, Photoshop special.

It was simple really - in the past people didn't call each other cnuts all the time. Is that the stress of the Premier League. People were civil to each other through two administrations.

Nowadays people can't discuss a goalkeeper without spitting teeth.
Very true. The bbs was a very friendly place. I am mostly a lurker these days oxo
Old 12-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
As a poster from earlyish on, it has definitely changed and I have to say I think the biggest change has come in the last few (PREMIERSHIP) years.

There is either a new type of poster with an attitude, or fans have developed one that they are very entitled.

Absolutely zero patience. We had people moaning because Sky told them Loftus-Cheek was likely to sign within 24 hours and typical Palace didn't announce it for a good 28 hours the bastards! Perhaps it is a symptom more of the change of I WANT IT NOW media coverage… 24 hours Sky Sports News and being in the Premiership gives us much more focus.

I wouldn't trade it for anything, I am very much enjoying life in this division and the Championship doesn't hold a candle to it… but it definitely involves selling a part of your soul and brings a few demons with it.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The arguing about stuff was always the same, but the willingness of people to attack each other with personal shit - about jobs or family etc - feels like it has deteriorated. Consequently people are willing to share less, which is a shame. It doesn't feel as friendly as it was.

But that's social media as a whole I suppose. Twitter used to be positively friendly. Now it's a cesspit.

We've lost a lot of good posters who simply couldn't be arsed and that's also a shame.
Yep. Social media and Internet access has made everyone so divisive nowadays and people can't accept others opinions usually without abuse and insults. The football stuff is generally good but the political threads become too painful
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
That's always been a core problem
Old 12-07-2017, 09:41 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
That's always been a core problem

It gave me the pip when I tried to start a old school pun thread and no one joined in
Old 12-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It was simple really - in the past people didn't call each other cnuts all the time. Is that the stress of the Premier League. People were civil to each other through two administrations.

Nowadays people can't discuss a goalkeeper without spitting teeth.
As others have posted, it's more a reflection of social media generally, though there is a touch of the modern football in places.

It's shame that discussion and debates becomes so polarized and abusive.

Not that we should take lessons from Chilean dwelling ***** like you.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Twitter killled the internet
Old 12-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Video killed the radio star
Old 12-07-2017, 10:38 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Ooh, Tasty.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I dont think its any better or worse than it has ever been. It's just different?
You've only been here two minutes. I signed up back when I was in my mid-twenties and I'm still a newbie (as well as a wanker).
Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Everything changes. If it had stayed the same, we'd all be bored with it. Nothing wrong with change. Although I miss some people who got banned or pissed off with it

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Bunned by Miderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
You used to be able to bantz with the mods.